~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

:hugs: Gemma :hugs:

Honey you are a brilliant mummy, you just have a spirited little lady on your hands!

George has NEVER self settled, he has NEVER slept in his crib day or night and he had NEVER slept through the night. I am a complete cop out though as I decided that I wouldn't fight it so we co-slept from 4 days old. Its not for most people but I am too old not to have a good nights sleep :haha: and while he does wake every 3 hours during the night, as he is secure and happy in bed with me there is never any drama and he goes straight back off. While I am never tired, there are huge downsides to it like hubby and I have no time alone as I go to bed when George goes to bed and I never get time to myself in the day. I do sling George a lot so I can get things done. I do know that if I didn't just go with 'his flow' I would probably be totally sleep deprived and pretty miserable.

I am trying to put a positive spin on it by telling myself that being so permanently attached to him wont last forever and that one day when he is all grown up, I will look back with fondness at all the time we had together, especially the snuggles in bed.

I hope some of the advice Dani has given you will help xxx

Kelly, go for it! Finding something that is unheard of in SA is fantastic as like you say, mums will try anything to sooth their teething babies. Building up a home business is a slow process and more difficult than you think when you have young children as you are on call all day long and have no set hours. It can be a struggle to get the time to actually work but if you start off small and grow as your children grow, you can't go wrong if you have a good product!

AFM: George is still drooling tons but no teeth. He is also trying really hard to roll from back to front (can already do front to back). He found his feet today for the first time and is constantly trying to eat them :haha: He also loves being with other babies except even though he is usually the littlest, he is a right little bruiser and spends the whole time trying to pull their ears and nose or eat them! Very cute.

We have still not tried any solids but the countdown to BLW is on :happydance:

Well its bedtime for me, so night night xx

Oh dear, I've missed tons!!!!

Dani, gets a cube of purée and a teaspoon of rice mixed with about an ounce of milk, or whenever I am happy with the consistency. I don't think he knows when to stop feeding, he's never been full from food and cries invetween mouthfuls for more!! I give him the spoon when finished, he jabs himself in the face a few times and then he's ok :)

today was courgette. Spat it out straight away but ended up eating the whole bowl. Bfp (bigfatpig)

dani I am not giving evan anything other than veg and fruit atm cos of risk of allergies, but think that's gonna get boring and dint really wanna give jars if I can help it. Gonna speak to hv and see what he can have :)

gemma, massive hugs to you. So sorry u are feeling the way you are. You all know I went through the mill with evan oooh for about 3.5 months but he's really getting better all the time. I often cuddle him to sleep or half to sleep. Other times he self settles, then other times he won't settle at all. Thanks for the kind words, considering we know no better it's just what I am used to, not used to having help or getting a break and now is nowhere as bad as it was. I can't tell u what happened, he kinda changed over night. I don't even do a proper routine really. But he's going to bed at last :) although it's anytime between 8-9.30. Sometimes I have to get him up if he doesn't settle. I sit him on the sofa and ignore him (I usually have my dinner) he soon gets bored and lets me put him to bed lol. Sorry I don't really have any advice, I know how it is as I'd tried everything with evan, advice never helped.

When she cries could u leave her for ten mins, then pick het up settle her and put her down?? Keep doing that til she gets the message? It's sooo hard though. Tonight I woke evan up as I went to bed :dohh: so he came in with me for ten mins then I put him back down he's asleep now.

Lizzy, cam u tell yr sister the monitor is hers if she still wants it I never used it as the tummy sleeping was a 3 night faze lol!!!

Put my chair together is great :) going to get weighed in the morning :)

that's about it... Oh I got my parking permit today Si can park outside. Only been waiting 7 months lol!!!!!!!!

Oh and I think I see a White lump on the the bottom gum, gonna get hv to check tomorrow :)

he's not doing much new, fee new noises especially growling when he's knackered!! Spinning round on the floor and twisting in an attempt to roll from back to front.

That's about it in evan towers :)

Jo - georgie really won't be sleeping in your bed when he's 5 :hugs:

You hope xxxxxxxxx

Hey ladies! Can you all go update on my parenting journal so I can catch up? :haha:
No, but seriously! BLEH.

Madelyn has her doctors appointment tomorrow, she is finally going to get reflux meds! Thank you dear lord!! Also, forget about the house. We really cant afford, I definitely don't make enough at my job now! But we are going to be coming to an apartment. Its a 4plex which means no one lives above you or below, just beside and behind you! Which means we are less likely to piss off our neighbors ... well, hopefully! They are income based, so really the only route we can afford right now. One day we will get a house ... probably.

Now after taking a look around I am taking my bum to bed!

thanks for u words and advice ladies give them a shot. Kell, we already have a lionheart bear thingy that doesnt work but il give that a go.

thanks coco :) i just brought her into my bed im not strong enough to fight her alone :haha: she is the boss but she was still difficult to settle in my bed. Thing is she was doing so well at staying in her own bed on an evening but still waking, which i could manage as i was getting a little time to myself. n/m dADDY IS HOME TODAY, AND TODAY IS ANOTHER DAY! oops xxx

glad you are feeling better because your OH is home today :)

think this week will be the last week of giving Pixie rice/cereals... might see if she wants to start more exciting things like carrot and sweet potato :p

Glad you feeling better GG.

Leo is eating veg now, I bought a weaning book with some really nice recipes, and made him carrot, parsnip and nutmeg yesterday he was smacking his lips bless him loved it.

Really do rec the book its a nct one and gives you help on what can and can't have and recipes etc. Does say 6 months though.

Glad u are better gem :)

annabel karmel ha some cool recipes and mixed purée ideas :)

ok a bit me me me. Feeling crap, evan has fallen to 25th centile from 50th, he's now 15lbs 6oz up from 14lbs 12oz so only a 10oz gain in 4 weeks that's no good is it :( hv said he's getting all he needs from me and he maybe due a major spurt soon. But it's worried me, obviously he's doing great is healthy and active too!

Other thing is have to see doctor tomorrow to get his hip creases vheacked as he seems to hae an extra crease on one leg which can indicate a clicky hip but she thinks it'll be ok as he as very active and is baring weight on his legs.

Evan is quite long and thin now, I want my hunk back :(

I have bought him a cow ad gate pudding lmao to have after lunch!!

Don't worry about his weight, Leo has gone from the top centile down to the 75th. think is quite normal. And if Evan active he is probably just burning alot off. Leo getting weighed today so shall see what he is also got his 4 month check.
Leo hasn't had puddings yet except fruit, I'm worried he wony want the veg if he starts eating too sweet things!!!

I need to get pixie weighed. Might go do that tomorrow :)

I have bought two, a peach and banana pud and a choc and banana pud but not gonna give him the choc one. Also bought some pure fruit pots handy for if we are out :)

I'm trying not to worry, I knew he wasn't gaining loads as he's not chunking up but he's fine and your right they are burning more Cals now he's always twisting and turning and lags and arms are everywhere! It's jusy he avereged nearly a pound a week when he was little now it's not even a pound a month :(

I think if there was anything to worry about the health visitor would surely say something

i wouldnt worry soph, he is obv thriving. Libby is gettin a right chub and im a bit worried about her weight when i go this afternoon she was 15lb 1oz 3 weeks ago! her thighs are massive, i do worry im overfeeding her.

i pureed lots this morning, sweet pot, butternut sq, parsnip, carrot, potato (haha said in celebrity juice way, sorry if u dont get it) pear and apple and have some banana to mush up. All frozen in my trays.. im gonna make some recepies up after she has had her first tastes.

when do u give her all the crappy veg i.e the green stuffs ?

OMG!

I told OH about a nightmare I had about forgetting Jaxon at home...and OH goes "I've done that, forgot him at home, relized it when I got Nikis"

now im freaking out he will forget Jaxon in the car or at home and not relize it! oh my gosh. my poor little monkey! I could cry im so upset!

Well Leo been weighed and had his 4mth check. He has only gained 1oz in 2 weeks. HV happy about it but i'm not!!!

He has really grown in length though he is off the scale at 71cm.

Going to get him lots of fatty food to bulk him up now!!!!!

OH was just messing with me. Had me going for a good hour, almost started bawling and almost asked to leave work, before OH told me he was messing with me.

What a jerk.

OMG Danielle, I would have kiled him! That kind of joke is not funny! Glad he was joking though :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->