~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

click the '+'s on all the posts you want to quote then press 'post reply' button bottom left

Evans hips are fine :) He checked for clickyness and basically attempted to dislocate :shock: but his hips are fine as they didn't pop out the socket!! His extra crease seems to be one leg fatter than the other :rofl: But I must keep an eye on it.

Megan had to have her hips tested for clickyness at 8 weeks! I thought they were pretty rough with her lol. Glad all is good though.

After work i picked up the munchkin boy, and off to the hospital we went. Walked into the room, sat down next to grandma and I get "OH, such a lovely boy!"

Im going to bring my camera with me tomorrow to get a picture of the 3 of us together!

Grandma seems to be doing good, she's in pain, from the broken hip, but shes on some morphine. Worried though, as Doctors told us she signed a DNR, so if she flat lines during her surgery...she's gone. Her heart attack was a very mild one, but they are monitoring her closley.

I love her so much, but I have 29 years of memories with her, including a very memorable trip to Norway when she was 80 (9 years ago already, my how time flys). And she has had an amazing life, and feels ready to go. But I still gotta say, "GRANDMA, you better pull through this! I need you!"

Hope your grandma is ok and picks up again soon! Praying she'll stick around for you. I lost my grandad in January so I know what your going through. :hugs:

:grr: i need a washing machine, typical as we where going to pay a bill off in full to save money when my money stops.. !

libby does not like advacado lol we are both covered in green snot now..

pichi test already! lol hope the poorly sparklers get better soon, lib has a cough too :(.

pichi your doing great with the weaning, im going at snail pace and being a bit lazy and she is only having some puree at lunch, im a bit unconfident with it all tbh. I have some fruity porridge in but dont know whether to start it for brekkie or fruits...

Oh no washing machines arn't cheap either! grrr

click the '+'s on all the posts you want to quote then press 'post reply' button bottom left

Thanks Pichi :D :thumbup:

thanks, dont get me wrong manda she loves her food too, and loves the spoon I give it her to feed herself, and she has her tt sippy cup too just to have a little drink with her food im just taking it slowly as she is still young and im being lazy haha, got some papaya for tomorrow morning to start brekkie though x

Evan tries to feed himself :)

yeah that's fine :) i mean there is no rule on weening REALLY. you'll know you're Libby better than anyone so you'll know when she really wants some of those nummy purées more.

OH is trying to do the pick up put down technique for putting Pixie to bed - not working. she's screaming her little heart out but when i suggest to give her dummy for a whole of 5 mins like what i do when she's getting herself in a state he moans we are trying to ween her off the dummy :dohh:

Deffo not, do what u are comfy with gemma......

Ok so can somebody tell me how to multi quote please, I clicked on the "+ button thing and its not worked. :s

woop woop woop

lol yay for multi quoting :)

Geez its Friday night, there is nothing on the box and i'm borrreeeddd

Life sucks, not much has changed.

Just a quick, depressing update from me!

Seems like this was only yesterday! :( (nearly a year ago now!)

Been looking at peoples preg tests on here feeling quite jealous of the positive ones :dohh: lol

How did you find out you were preg and what was your initial reaction?

Attachments

• P1000843.jpg
    P1000843.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1
:hugs: Silas, sorry you're still having a rough time.

Hope your grandma is back on her feet in no time Bartness :hugs:

AM- Erin had her hips checked and x-rayed because she has an extra crease too, although they were worried more because she was breech than anything else. I held her for the x-ray, it was just like doing a hip score on a dog, same position and everything although easier without the tail getting in the way! :haha:

Pichi- we have the same conversations about the dummy. I want to wean her off it too but not when she's getting in such a state and just wants to sleep poor mite! We spits it out as soon as she's asleep anyway.

GG-stupid washing machine! Hope you're able to get a good deal somewhere. I've no idea about starting weaning either, I'm actually starting to dread it now as I hate not knowing how to do something! :dohh:

Update on Grandma Esther, went to see her this mornining and she was a chatty one! She held Jaxon for awhile and kept telling him "Oh I love you, you little cutie!" I think its save to say she's in love with the monkey. She will be having hip surgery tonight, so I'll be going to the hospital after dinner.

Jaxon never took a 'dummy' or as I call them nuk. He hates them, he'll gag on them if you try and give him one.

Kayley: I found out I was pregnant on April 7th last year, as I was confident I wasnt! My best bud, had been telling me "just test, your crabby, your moods are all over, and been having migranes, just test." so I did after my dentist appoitment. I must say I started shaking I was freaking out, so I did what any girl would do. First I called mom. Then I called my best bud Leah (she said, I told you so), and then I called my cousin Mandi. OH was the fifth person to find out...and he found out when he walked into the kitchen and saw the postive test on counter. he then proceded to have four shots of captain morgan. hehe.

Kayley, I was due on my period March 3rd, it never came although I thought it was coming! I had lengthy chats with my mate convinced I'd got my dates wrong. I decided to give it til Sat 13th March, but by the Friday I decided I had to do a test. I've never been late, certainly not 10 days anyway, so I drove to Morrisons and got a test. Took the test and it came up quickly. I think I was just sayong "Oh fuck" to myself over and over and over :haha:

First I called my mum who was in as much shock as me :haha:

I bled terribly that night, so glad I did the test as I'd have thought it was my period!
I didn;t tell FOB for a ges as some might remember!

Well...Jaxon figured out how to take his pants off tonight....

Came in from the patio and his pants were half way down...OH came in from the patio (door was open) and Jaxon's pants were still half off...came into living room from putting laundry away and Jaxons pants were laying next to him, with him laughing his little head off.

well today, the pediatrician confirmed that Maddy has RSV. :( Thankfully he said that I am doing a great job at taking care of her and that is why she isnt being hospitalized like most of the other lo's that have it. She also has an ear infection due to it. So she is on amoxicilin and ear drops for the pain. Im so tired though(sorry for the whine). I haven't felt this exhausted since the first weeks that Maddy was born.

Me and oh went for lunch one day and i couldn't stand the smell of food. Worried me a bit but didn't think anything of it as I was on the pill and took them same time every day.
The next day i was round my friends house and mentioned it to her. She said to test so I got a cheapy two pack and tested. Was positive! Couldn't believe it. Was so scared about telling oh as we'donly been together 7 months. Went round my Mum's and told her....she wasn't happy as she wasn't the first to know...grrr. Got home and waited for oh. Told him and he was shocked but happy! Didn't sink in for a few weeks...then the pregnancy "fun" really started lol.

Will catch up tomorrow as on my phone as our internet is crap again!!

i haven't had a cycle since i've had eva, i mean when she was about 9 weeks old i had what i thought was AF but it only last 2 days. We had sex about 2 weeks ago and then 8 days after i had red spotting one night then brown spotting for the next two days and then nothing......... as if it was implantation bleeding. but if i was pregnant wouldn't i have sore boobs and such? and Eva is 4 months old and i haven't had AF since she was born what are the chances we caught the egg this ONE time???? hubby would KILL me. i don't think i'm pregnant but i sure would be happy if i was.

me and oh were ttc 5 months (but didnt plan on the big move 22 weeks preg!) I was late but I had been late before so convinced myself I wasnt preg as I had tested 10dpo and is was negative. I had lots of symptoms, my boobs didnt ache like normal but the nipples tingled I had a shooting pain in my side and little stretchy cramps and i got lightheaded a lot and could smell the tomato sauce from over the other side of the room! Then I was out with my cousin and I just burst out crying for no reason and she said gemma your pregnant, test!

PL - I find the hardest part of it is the bottles... I know she needs all her milk at this stage but her bottles are not in any sort of routine she just had one pretty much every 4 hours but it depends when she wakes and after a bad night, im not waking her up early if she choses to sleep in!

GG- I know what you mean about the milk feeds, Erin has been dropping bottles at random times during the day recently and it's never the same from one day to the next so we have no routine at all at the moment. She's only taking about 22oz of milk and has no real appetite for that, let alone anything else at the moment so I have no idea where to add in solids. :wacko:

BHB- sorry poor Maddy is unwell, must be scary for you but she's lucky she has such a great mummy looking after her so well. :hugs:

I posted in my journal last week about the 'anniversary' of getting my :bfp:
I was sent home from work on the Wednesday as I felt really nauseous and faint and they didn't want me 'infecting' anyone else with my bug! I text my sister to blame her cooking the night before for my food poisoning and she text back saying she felt fine and I was probably pregnant!
So obviously, I came to bnb for the answers! I had been on here before, in the WTT section and got a little freaked out!
The next day I had to go on a work course day so got up at 5am to catch the train to Leicester. I fell asleep and woke up in Wolverhamton :shock:, still feeling sick but strangely ravenous! There was a huge Tescos by the station so I went in there to get a test so I wouldn't be recognised by anyone. On the way home I decided to do the test at Birmingham New Street station, which was a stupid idea but I was convinced it would be negative.
I got this after about 20 seconds!

https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/SDC10179.jpg

and proceeded to wander around the Bullring in a total freaked out daze, resisting the urge to show passers by and check I hadn't read the test wrong! :dohh:
Got home and burst into tears while showing my OH-who went into shock and just sat there looking pale for about an hour so I phoned my mum, in tears again! I really wanted to be pregnant, although we hadn't been trying, but I was just worried about how we'd cope financially.

I can't wait to do the whole TTC thing properly :haha:

At least I know I am one hell of a fertile bitch :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"