~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

And he's still asleep... Slept through his 12.40 feed, I fell asleep monitor woke me thinking it was about 12.50 and it was 1.50 :shock: I expect him to wake in the next half hour!

Oh and just went to loo and got my period again!! It's only been 3 weeks since her last visit :( I haven't fed evan much as usual maybe has triggered it..... Or my cycles are well fooked!!

I have heard of some breastfeeding women getting a very short luteal phase, that could be it too as I swear I got ov pains last week as normal although no ewcm this month.

What a nice discussion :)

Morning everyone.

I have been up with Amber since 3.30am :dohh: she is chomping like mad on her hands so can only assume it is teething, she has been eating her hands for ages, has hard white lumps under the bottom gums, but nothing through yet, so maybe they are just shifting around.

She has now gone back to sleep on the sofa...and I am bloody wide awake!! :coffee:

i wish libby would sleep on her own like she does if she is in my bed sometimes... we put her to bed after her bath and were up and down the stairs 3 times before 8.30! I had a stinking headache so went to bed with her, she woke at 12 for a feed and then 6.30!

kala sorry u feel like that, but the girls are right, its better to know xx
go evan, giving mum an extra hour

Can people post there timetable of meals if you are weaning so I can compare Iv just been giving libby her brekkie when we get up so she had it at 7 with 5oz bottle and thenb il give her her lunch with her 11 o clock bottle and then she will have her 3 and 7 and usual but what happens next? I introduce dinner at 3? and as I increase amounts she will start to drop them so will she have 7oz bottles about 10 and 2 instead and of course bedtime? or should i be giving her a full bottle in the morning and delaying brekkie a bit? x

I don't think there is a wrong way to do it.

Kai has his morning bottle then I wait for 20mins to an hour before giving him brekkie . Same with his other meals. He would have it straight away if he could but it takes me time to sort it out lol.

We don't really have a set timetable but roughly things go like this:

5-6am - first bottle...takes between 4 & 7 oz.

8-9am - 4-5 oz bottle then fruity porridge.

1-2pm - 5-7oz bottle

4-6pm - 7oz bottle then dinner of veg puree.

10-11pm - 4-7oz bottle

I am trying to get the weaning times a bit earlier but he doesn't like breakfast too early at the moment. Sometimes i give him lunch but not dinner....swap it around a bit for him.

Wow, this thread moves quickly!!
Shaun slept from 9 until 7.30 this morning!! :yipee:

7.30am...7ozs milk
9.30am...breakfast.
12.30pm...7ozs milk.
4.30pm...7ozs milk.
5.30pm...dinner plus water.
7.30pm...bath, 7ozs milk, bed.

Gemma you don't have to give libby her food with a bottle. In fact if u dont mind ne uggestinf giving her food about an hour after her bottle so brekkie at 8, lunch at 12 and inner at 4.30/5?? She'll slip into a routine!! I gave evab dinner at 6 last night but it was too late as he slept til half 8 and sicked up his bottle.

So Evans goes something like this (ish)

7.30/8am milk feed
9am brekkie
12.00 milk feed
1.00 lunch
2pm milk
5pm milk and dinner
8pm milk and bed

everything after 5pm is how I'd like it to be an as I bf my timings can be off.

thanks, that sounds better, she just isnt liking the water much she will sip from a cup but when she realises its water spits it out but if i put a little milk in she will drink it, little monster! What do people think about the very diluted baby juice route? should i just be persistant with the water?

wow! lucky u louis! thats amazing...was it the first time?

im lucking into getting a cosleep to attach to the side of the bed to start moving her out as i need to get her out by june as I start nightshifts!

she has been asleep in her cot for past hourish, i just lay her on my dressing gown in her cot and wrapped her up a little bit lol

Oh and cos of te bf some of the milk feeds are cos he's thirsty not hungry and he sometimes feeds inbetween. I am trying water but that's a slow process!!

Ok so my night went a little somethin like this....

Evan went to sleep after dinner and woke up at about 8ish. I gave him a bottle at 8.45 which he was sicking up and did another poo lol. We watched obem and I put him to bed at 10 and he was out like a light, he normally wakes for a feed at 12.40 but didn't, but did wake up about 2.20 but he went back to sleep with his dummy no feed!!! He woke foe his feed at 3.30 and woke again at 6.30 when he cane into bed with me until 9 :happydance:

So as u can see my intended schedule is buggered already he's having breakfast now :haha:

so is everyone weaning then? My HV came last week and told me very strictly to wait until he was 6 months as it is completely unadvised. Completely scared me out of it basically.

And well... Nathaniel has been sleeping through the night from 2 1/2 months... 7.30 to 6.30/7.30.
We had a lie in today and got up at 8.30 though :haha:

well that sounds like a very sh*it hv to be honest.. each baby is different and she is basically just reading off new guidelines like a good little robot.. is she old enough to have children? ask her how old they are and how old she weaned them... or she is probs a hv without children so just thinks they come with a book!

thanks, that sounds better, she just isnt liking the water much she will sip from a cup but when she realises its water spits it out but if i put a little milk in she will drink it, little monster! What do people think about the very diluted baby juice route? should i just be persistant with the water?

wow! lucky u louis! thats amazing...was it the first time?

im lucking into getting a cosleep to attach to the side of the bed to start moving her out as i need to get her out by june as I start nightshifts!

she has been asleep in her cot for past hourish, i just lay her on my dressing gown in her cot and wrapped her up a little bit lol

No, he used to STTN all the time, then hit that sleep regression thing :gun: But he seems to be back to normal now! :yipee:

well that sounds like a very sh*it hv to be honest.. each baby is different and she is basically just reading off new guidelines like a good little robot.. is she old enough to have children? ask her how old they are and how old she weaned them... or she is probs a hv without children so just thinks they come with a book!

I totally agree. Once upon a time, weaning was advised at 4mnths. Everyone was weaning at 4 months, then all of a sudden it changes, so all of a sudden everyone that weaned at 4 months, was wrong to? No, of course not. I was actually weaned at 3 months (things were so different back then!) And i'm totally fine. :)

The government are looking at weaning guidelines again as far as I know, I think 20 weeks is a good time personally. Evan is 22 weeks and more than ready. Breastfed and bottle fed babies are so different, he's never slept through and feeds on demand so I dint get signs like waking up and draining loads of bottles. My main sign was he grabbed my food :D he did go through the sleep regression though for about 3 weeks he was up loads! Moving him intonhis own room and after 2 days I see a massive improvement already, sleeping longer an self settling :) he will be sleeping through soon I hope :haha:

I just need to get a proper routine in place now :) I have found that the hardest because if his demand feeding and my lazyness lol!!! What I would like and especially when I start work is:

up at 7 have breakfast, go to nursery pick up at 4.30 dinner at 5.30-6 (the latest) bed for 7-7.30. I'm not sure how it will work yet and he'll ne nearly one when I go back propery in September and have proper work to do!! July will be a trial run with te summer holidays to cement it for September!

At the moment I really want him up at 7 (for feed) breakfast at 8am nap 9.30-11, lunch at 12 then nap at 1.30 and dinner at 5.30 and bed for 7.

I dunno!!

I got my photos of evan in the post, they are up on the wall in big 50cmx50cm frames! Look awesome :) I bought the frames in ikea and the photos from a website called snapmad. They're fab :) got some more photos to order. Not of evan of my life, friends etc to also go on the wall.

I am also doing frames running along the hallway one of evan each month to see how he hanged over his first year. I have 6 photos so far to put up from the day he was born to 5 months :)

had a bailiff call this morning fo the previous remnant :dohh: she owes the council £1200, am waiting for him to come back to confirm I am not her so he leaves is alone. You'd think te council would realise it's nor her as she is not registered at the address for council tax, I am and have been for 7 months!!

i dont know whats going on.. pu put libby in her cot at 8.50 lying on my dressing gown and covered her with it and she is still asleep! i havnt done anything for fear of waking her though!

Shaun is asleep again! He slept all night, woke up at half 7, had his bottle, then we drove to the school to drop sis off, he fell asleep on journey home, so about 9am? He's still asleep now, so 9pm-7.30am bottle 9am-11.30am? Lots of sleep! Really should see this as a blessing and get all the housework done while I have the chance, but instead, i'm watching TV, Bnbing and having a cup of coffee :)

Evan is asleep too! I can put him in his cot close the door and he sleeps, seriously an overnight change in that boy!! But only if he's tires obvs :) so I'm gonna have a shower and shave my legs Lol!!

oo i had a bath the other night and did mine god u dont realise how much u take shaving for granted before u have a baby!

oo i had a bath the other night and did mine god u dont realise how much u take shaving for granted before u have a baby!

You said it!! I love the times i grab a chance to shave my legs, i walk around the house like Oooooo soft :p (No life at all, as you can see)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->