~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Our naps are all over the place too!! He's deffo over tired at night which is why he wakes up alot I think! But a definite new nap now he has breakfast at approx 8am is about an hour from 9-10am. I also gave him a bottle (4oz) when he woke up. He drank it holdig it himself :happydance: but he was mostly laying down so a bit sicky after oops!!

He'll sleep in the car today on way to mums so that will be 12-2 and I'll give him lunch when we get there :)

I am going to try sainsburies nappies as I am going there on my way to buy Evans dinner for the weekend :) mums has veges but it's easier to take stuff and she's gonna buy stuff when sw eventually goes shopping!!

Dani although I had sore boobs and servere nauciousness with evan I guess I didn't feel majorly pregnant until I could feel him moving!! Remember we hate the early days!!

I was watching the baby whisperer yesterday, and she did the PUPD method with a mum, it took them 102 pick ups the first night, that halved to 50 the second night, within a week of sticking to it religiously the baby had gone from waking up to 10 times a night to sleeping through.

The thing with holding or rocking them to sleep is that they never learn to go through the sleep cycle themselves, they fall asleep on you, then when they wake you aren't there still holding them, so they don't know how to comfort themselves back to sleep without you. Between 4-6 months is when they go through the different sleep cycles...so as hard as it is, if you can break the habit/cycle before 6 months it is going to be much easier and will take less time to do than after the 6 month mark.

I hope the HV can help in some way. :hugs:

I know all this :( thats why we have been trying to make changes last few weeks but she is just so strong willed she doesnt give in!

Our naps are all over the place too!! He's deffo over tired at night which is why he wakes up alot I think! But a definite new nap now he has breakfast at approx 8am is about an hour from 9-10am. I also gave him a bottle (4oz) when he woke up. He drank it holdig it himself :happydance: but he was mostly laying down so a bit sicky after oops!!

He'll sleep in the car today on way to mums so that will be 12-2 and I'll give him lunch when we get there :)

I am going to try sainsburies nappies as I am going there on my way to buy Evans dinner for the weekend :) mums has veges but it's easier to take stuff and she's gonna buy stuff when sw eventually goes shopping!!

Dani although I had sore boobs and servere nauciousness with evan I guess I didn't feel majorly pregnant until I could feel him moving!! Remember we hate the early days!!

enjoy your wknd xx

libby is still asleep, I put her down in the end and im glad I did xx

:D I think i can see a resemblance...

dani I think im watching that baby whisperer u where on about, i think this is what we should do Im gonna try it tonight its nice to know that it took them till 12am for her to fall asleep and its not just lib x

:D I think i can see a resemblance...

dani I think im watching that baby whisperer u where on about, i think this is what we should do Im gonna try it tonight its nice to know that it took them till 12am for her to fall asleep and its not just lib x

It's been on the last few mornings on 275 Virgin, home and health channel...some of the stuff and tips she has are great...it is hard going to start with, but it got much easier for them as the week went on?

Gemma...ya gonna have to be more stubborn than Libby and have a battle of the wills with her for a few days :haha:...(Reagan and I are like it most days...I always win nowdays)...I really hope it does work for you...the weekend is probably a great time to start, is Dan home to support you and let you nap in the day if you have a rough night of up and down?

I took Jaxon to his 4 mth check up. Turns out he's got exczema on his leg, poor baby. However I was told to use aquafor on him twice a day every day (b/c he's got super dry skin as well as exczema).

he weighs 15lbs 1oz and is on the 50th centile for weight. He's short though, only 24.5 inches long and on the 25th centile for height. He's in perfect health!!!

well we are half an hour into pu/pd and its gonna be a rough night, dan has took over for a little while she is a stubborn little thing! wish me luck! she was already in a cranky mood to start with!

well stage one complete, after I wrote that I went back upstairs and took over as she wouldnt settle on him and was looking for me...and just under an hour she has gone! no dummy as with pu/pd u cant use a prop but she started sucking her fist.. cant do nowt about that haha... just through the night now, should really try and sleep but im not tired yet!

woohoo go Libby! it'll get easier... i'm sure

oh and on her back bless her, I know its no where near over and im in for a rough night but at least i know i can do this and I dont feel anywhere near as guilty/upset as cc as she stops crying on me so she just needs me to get to sleep which is why we need to do this!

Go Libby !! Hope you have a good night!!!!!

Addison's naps: Sleeps from 8.30pm till 7.30am (only got him to do so without a fight this week) and that includes one feed at around 4.30am.
Naps 9.30-10.30
Naps 1pm-3pm
45 minute nap between 4 and 5pm..
Baths at 6pm and ready for the evening.. Fits in well with Ashton's routine too..

So does anyone think I should be worried about his rate of growth? Friends and family say not because in nw way does he look fat or out of proportion.. he is chubby like most babies but just really big and long..

Gemma I do see a resemblance-think I need to pull my baby photos out tomorrow, will have the time since Warren is working.. Month end effing smonth smend..

No other news from me for today, just facking hot in SA.. Like 39 degrees kinda thing.. Oh and I have a weird pain in my punani so going to book to see a Gynecologist this month.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear - my sides are friggin splitting here LMAO!!

Wow this thread moves faaassstt!!

How can you tell people are watching the thread :s

LOL at morning poo - that is soooo my OH! I don't poo often as I also have hemeroids, I plucked up the courage a while ago to see doc about it! (took me 2 years to be about to see dr about it!) apparently once you have them you have them for life :( but you can help them! So yeah I bleed EVERYTIME I have a poop and my body is not kind to me :(

When I had Alysha I pooped whilst giving birth and was soooo embarrassed! Whilst I was in labour with Megan I was really worried about it happening again and at one point actually got really upset about it! I even told OH that he would not be allowed with me whilst giving birth if he said ANYTHING about me pooping! (Thankfully I don't think I did second time around)

Soph - good luck with the husband thing - you never know! lol @ massive willy though! Not always a good thing

what do u think girls? does she look like me as a baby?

GG - she is the SPIT!! :D

So I'm pretty excited tonight as I have just paid the deposit for my friends hen do in July! Never been to a hen do before so I'm realllllyyy looking forward to it! :D

Yay I am so glad I 'know' someone else who poo'd during childbirth :)

Hen's parties are so much fun.. Be prepared for lots of screeching and giggling xx

You lot are disgusting :lol:

I pood during labour. I got very upset about it but the gas and air soon made me not care :lol:

Be back later....Kai's wanting attention.

kelly, I wouldnt worry, if he is growin in proportion he is just going to be a big tall boy and im sure his rate of growing will slow at some point.. :)

well our night went better than expected, granted we where up 3 times before we went to bed just after 9 and then again 9.45 - 10.30 but then nothing till 1.30 when oh gave her a feed as she usually has one between 10-12 to get her through the night and if she didnt take much I was gonna try and offer her water to knock it on the head but she took 6oz so she must have been hungry?? then I eventually went in 2.30 and 20 mins later she was asleep then and I think she woke up once more but I cant remember but either way she was in her cot all night :happydance: she really struggled sleeping on her back and when i put her on her side she was trying to roll on her tummy so I just put her on her tummy and gave her a suck of her dummy and a pat and she went off.. I know im not meant to give her her dummy but she obv still needed to comfort suck as on my pu she was sucking my shoulder to go to sleep and then when i put her down she was stuffing her blanket in her mouthand sucking that so she wasnt needing it as a prop as she wasnt spitting it out and when it fell out when she was asleep she didnt wake... ok I rambled a bit there! so naptimes are gonna be the same, tiredness = upstairs pu/pd even on her tum now that she can roll and push right up im not worried

Hope you had a good night Gemma?

We are making small progress at night time (although I think I am swapping one back-rod for another :haha:) as instead of me having to go to bed with Georgie at silly o'clock, I now just lie with him while he feeds and drops off then sneak out for a bit of Georgie free time with hubby. Even had a glass of wine last night!

I had piles after I had George from the hefty iron dose I had to take each day and my god, the pain they gave me was worse than my section pain. A couple of days using an over the counter cream (Anusol???) soon got rid of them!

Sophie - on the husband front: what will be will be :)

Are you starting to feel pregnant yet Dani? I didn't with George, I never did get any MS or other nasty pregnancy related yukkies which was a HUGE relief as I was as sick as a dog right up until I delivered with Ashley. Still thinking boy for you ;) And still jealous ...............

Well I have a sleeping baby on my lap so I am going to sneak him in my sling and do the ironing. Exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->