~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Huge :hugs: Gemma, as everyone else has said you are doing a great job honey. Its not easy raising a 'spirited' baby but like everything else, this will all eventually pass as she gets older but if you are feeling like you need a little bit of help, do seek help from your GP or HV. Thats what they are there for.

On the plus side, well done Libby for self settling =D>
George has NEVER done that. If he is not on the move in his pram or car seat or in my arms/snuggled up next to me in bed, he will not fall asleep full stop. I have no idea how he survives on such little sleep during the day.

AFM: We have been out shopping today. I have so many lovely little summer shorts and t-shirt sets for Georgie that I can't wait for him to wear. He just needs to grow first as they are all 6-9 months.

The count down is on until we start BLW. I keep testing him but he is not ready at all yet as he makes no attempt to eat any food I put within his reach. He still has a few weeks to go. I can't wait.

I really need to start posting on our weight loss thread but first I need to figure out how to diet without it messing my milk about. I also need a huge dollop of self control and will power. No fun :(

Huge :hugs: Gemma, as everyone else has said you are doing a great job honey. Its not easy raising a 'spirited' baby but like everything else, this will all eventually pass as she gets older but if you are feeling like you need a little bit of help, do seek help from your GP or HV. Thats what they are there for.

On the plus side, well done Libby for self settling =D>
George has NEVER done that. If he is not on the move in his pram or car seat or in my arms/snuggled up next to me in bed, he will not fall asleep full stop. I have no idea how he survives on such little sleep during the day.

AFM: We have been out shopping today. I have so many lovely little summer shorts and t-shirt sets for Georgie that I can't wait for him to wear. He just needs to grow first as they are all 6-9 months.

The count down is on until we start BLW. I keep testing him but he is not ready at all yet as he makes no attempt to eat any food I put within his reach. He still has a few weeks to go. I can't wait.

I really need to start posting on our weight loss thread but first I need to figure out how to diet without it messing my milk about. I also need a huge dollop of self control and will power. No fun :(

Hey Jo :winkwink:

I'm still exclusively breastfeeding with no weaning/solids and am 'dieting' too and milk has been fine for the last 3 days.. But think I am going to take my own advice and make up some of that boob/jungle juice.. im just eating healthily and have cut out junk.. so will have a rice cake and apple as a snack.. and a treat is a marshmallow egg.. so ireckon addi is getting better nutirents now than the choc milk he was getting before :haha:

I too have just cut the crap from my diet. I'm eating alot of vegetables and have celery and carrot on the go for snacks.

well she pretty much slept through 7 - 6, just needed to pop in her dummy a couple of times
:happydance:

:happydance: That is great news...go Libby.

What night is this of the routine now?...I think it takes about 4/5 night's for the habit to break...don't quote me on that though!!

well we have slightly changed it so last night she had bottle, bath, chill out time then up to bed and i just hold her hand!

copied from my journal.....

well libby slept through :happydance: bar a couple of dummy inceidents but she went straight back off!!

now we are doing the EASY routine by BW and she woke a littl early today at 6 instead of usual 7 so I was unsure at what to do so I gave her a bottle but she was still tired and falling alseep so I gave her a little activity and put her on her cushions for chill time and took her up and she slept for an hour which I had thought but I gave her her brekkie and she has had a play and a shower with me and then I noticed her getting tired again so I put her on her cushions and was just la, la ,la singing to myself but rarely making eye contact at her and she was nearly a bloody sleep! my child! falling asleep on cushions in front of me! ahh haaaa!! I took her up and "only time for sleep" she had a little whimper but just turned on her side and went off while I had my hand on her side... it will be for another hour but thats ok it means she will have had 2 hours this morning just brokenand cos she is a little messed up getting up early and hopefully if she has her 2 hours of activity she will be back on track this afternoon :happydance:

I cant believe the change already!!! :)

copied from my journal.....

well libby slept through :happydance: bar a couple of dummy inceidents but she went straight back off!!

now we are doing the EASY routine by BW and she woke a littl early today at 6 instead of usual 7 so I was unsure at what to do so I gave her a bottle but she was still tired and falling alseep so I gave her a little activity and put her on her cushions for chill time and took her up and she slept for an hour which I had thought but I gave her her brekkie and she has had a play and a shower with me and then I noticed her getting tired again so I put her on her cushions and was just la, la ,la singing to myself but rarely making eye contact at her and she was nearly a bloody sleep! my child! falling asleep on cushions in front of me! ahh haaaa!! I took her up and "only time for sleep" she had a little whimper but just turned on her side and went off while I had my hand on her side... it will be for another hour but thats ok it means she will have had 2 hours this morning just brokenand cos she is a little messed up getting up early and hopefully if she has her 2 hours of activity she will be back on track this afternoon :happydance:

I cant believe the change already!!! :)
the E.A.S.Y routine thing really does work doesn't it? :thumbup:

go Libby :D :happydance: ( and mummy of course!)

Well I give up!! Evan has taken to comfort sucking, won't settle with dummy but will with 20 seconds of the boob :dohh:

He had a bottle a about 8pm then was screaming for more at 10 and again at 12. Had proper feeds. Then wanted the comfort from about 5 onwards :(

I just went to out his clothes on and he had half done a poo eurgh. So he's in his cot in just his nappy playing but I think he'll fall asleep. I'm cooking ak's first chicken casserole for dinner :)

Soph - when did you start giving Evan a Tea time? we're on breakfast and lunch at the mo but no tea as of yet...

oo wow get you! are u making up a few portions and freezing them? We are on 3 meals now although she doesnt eat much at lunch time she likes bf and tea mostly and she will not eat any veggies i make! cant wait to use my mams steamer, dan wont let me buy one.

Hmm I dont know what to suggest with the comfort sucking on the boob :/

Only in the last week pichi as it has taken a while to add in the dinner to the routine. But now he has brwkke anything from 8.30-9.30 when he gets up (he has boob feed around 7.30) then lunch around 1.30 and dinner around 5.30. I'm trying to give him bottle inbetween so 11am, 3pm and 7pm which kind of works but the bottle thing is new so will take a few days to get the hang of :) then he still has bf at night and in the morning. So will keep those going and drop those when evan wants and give a bottle in the morning.

Yeah it's produced 6 dinners, I tasted it and it's alright :) I didn't use parsnip as didt have any but do have purée I can add in when I reheat it :)

ah cool. we've just been doing :

8am: bottle and some cereal (She likes aptamils porridge) or some fruit (banana or apple for example)
12pm: some veggies or fruit and veggies mixed (eg. butternut squash with pear) with a bottle
4pm: 6oz bottle
7pm: 6oz bottle
11pm: 6oz bottle

and then that does her till 8am again :) the bottles at mealtimes are only like 3/4oz though... she never drinks more than that. when tea is introduced we'll get rid of the 4pm bottle and substitute it with water so she's not overly full for her 7pm bedtime bottle. does that sound about right?

WOOOHOOO Libby!!!

Jaxon had a late dinner last night and he was mr crabby pants until he got his dinner (we were at my parents, went after work to go look at a house)

Forgot to mention yesterday...OH applied for a VA (military) home loan and was approved!!! We can get a house!!

ugh...apprently FMLA maternity leave is considered unplanned absences at work. Im currently fighting it as its being used against me, if I miss another day of work they'd fire me. I'll win this fight or take them to court, as what they are doing is against the law. Its the third time they have 'fixed' the problem only to bring it back up again. Stupid morons.

Ok its offical, im loosing my mind. Freaked out b/c I misplaced my laptop, couldnt find it...and where was my computer.....

on my lap.

Yeah well I'm hoping that evan will eventually do away with the 11am bottle and he'll have a snack instead. Then he'll just have the afternoon bottle with his nap as I assume mornin nap goes first (I know this is ages away) and it'll be bottle at 7am and brekkie, snack around 10 with water, lunch about 12, bottle and nap about 1pm then snack at 3ish dinner at 5ish and bottle and be for 7 :)

hey who knows!!!

u know its actually heading that way for libby, iv noticed she doesnt take a full 7oz at 11 now she only took 4 today but she takes 7 every other one :shrug:

we go

7.00 - bottle
8.30 - breakfast
11 - bottle
12.30 - lunch
3pm - bottle
5.30 - tea
7pm -bottle
10pm dream feed

so they do away with the 11am feed then? ahh right I never realised that ?

bartness - haha what u like!

Its her 11pm feed that will prollu go wi us. Pixie has already taken to dropping the afternoon nap before tea too

hmm she hasnt dropped any naps yet (im just starting to get her down for naps and they are due to start diminishing :cry:) , she can only seem to manage to stay awake 2hours before she gets grouchy, just put her to bed there (so easy!) but she grouched more than other nap today as I think I just tipped her over the edge and she was a little overtired, im meant to be meeting nct girls at 2 but im not waking her, no way she will probs only sleep for 45 mins anyway but if she has 1 - 2 hrs she can stay asleep x

Hahaha.. Bartness that is totally something I would do.. Go Libby.. Look at all of you with your weaning and preparing.. Gosh, Addison only gets boob haha... But he seems to be growing fine still so don't think he needs much more yet :)

WE had a bad night, Mr Man wanting cuddles from about 3am.. but I know he has sore ears so I couldn't resist.. Sometimes easier to just go with what they want instead of fighting for what we want :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->