~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

It may be that the casserole followed by the fromage frais was just a little bit too rich on his tummy :hugs:

If Amber has a dinner that contains more than just vegetables I tend to give her a really plain pudding of just fruit...if her main meal is vegetable only, then her pudding is one of those heinz pots with fruit rice pudding or a fruit custard one....their digestive systems just need to mature a little, so sometimes what we think is bland and boring is perfect for them.

Oh maybe, the chicken is a new thing! Maybe I'll not give a pudding if he has a 'bigger' dinner.

Yeah gemma I bf him this morning. My boobs don't hurt at all after 12 hours :( they are very full but not engorged :(

he's really unsettled. Falling asleep on me and crying in his cot :(

There are also lots of sicky bugs going around, hopefully it isn't one of those :hugs:

Maybe teggies?

Aha!!!!! Would that make him sick?? He was proper screaming earlier. He's just with ne in the sofa not sleeping just staring at me!!

Not sure about making him sick...but it could make him cry out in pain, and can very often make them really clingy at the time they are teething.

Did you have him out in the sun much today, it was really hot here?...that can make them sick?...it could be a whole mixture of things.

:haha: I'll shut up now, cos I am waffling...I need sleep!!

Yeah we went to the square for prob 20 mins. He had his hat in :)

I just think he was full I think.

I miss feeding him :(

I think i have worked out where i am going wrong - its so god damn obvious and simple i cant believe i didnt realise before now lol.

So everytime Megan wakes up to get her back to sleep she has booby, she then falls asleep on booby and I put her back in her cot asleep. (If I havnt already fallen asleep with her!) so she is obviously associating a feed with sleep!? Why didnt i realise before?

Going to try out this EASY routine tomorrow and hope Megan gets the hang of it. Would sooooo love a full nights sleep.

Finally got internet....for how long, who knows?! Virgin Media are crap!!

:hugs: pixelle sorry we cross posted, me me me away, I honestly think this thread would be boring and we would have nothig to discuss if ppl didnt me me me! :D and its a justified one, :hugs: I dont know what to say really, you must be in such a lonely place, do u think he would respond any if you spoke to him about this? I think if your really not happy in your relationship you have a tough decision but u need to do whats best for you, i know u will feel you have to keep your family together for kai's sake but you have to put you first sometimes and you dont want to go through life being miserable and feeling taken for granted :hugs: you only have one life. Although, having a baby is a huge strain on relationship, I know that and maybe you are both still adjusting to the new dynamic and things will improve once life gets a little easier? tiredness is not good for emotional wellbeing xx

I have been in a lonely place. Have also been angry at the world in general and although I hate being like it, I just can't help it sometimes.
I tried speaking to him....he just said I was nagging and picking faults in everything...which is really not something I do!
I really thought I could talk to him about anything, but it seems not.
Thing is, the tiredness thing is bad but we've got to get over it. We have a baby, 5 months is enough adjustment time, I'd say.
But you made me think about things, so thank you :hugs:

Big :hugs: Pixelle! I'm sorry he's treating you so badly hun :cry: Are you able to get some space from each other for a while? Might make realise what an idiot he's being and that he needs to give you more support.
xx

Thank you. Not really able to stay with anyone for space but we don't spend much time together as it is....maybe that's part of the problem.
I think he knows deep down he's being an idiot, he just seems to like arguing at the moment. :hugs:

I'm sorry you are feeling crappy hun! We should meet up one day and you can talk to me :D (I get nervous meeting new people but it helps that you kind of know OH lol) I have experience of walking out of relationships aswell. big :hugs:

I get terribly nervous meeting new people....probably why I have no friends! :lol: I'm in Hythe area every other Thursday til 2pm....let me know if you want to meet up :)

Pixelle I am so sorry you feel so sad.. Only you know if you could spend your life without him as your partner and as the father of your child only. If staying with him will make you miserable that is also not going to be in Kai's best interests. What about moving out for a few days. Sorry hun.. hugs xx

Thank you. I know I couldn't take his son away from him....unless things got violent or whatever. I know I want to be with him. I just don't want it to be like this. I want the man I fell in love with back. Whether that can happen, we'll see.

Pixelle i'm sorry about the probs with OH. Me and my hubby have been together for 7years in july married for 2years in October. In our relationship we have gone through stages where we fought to no end for months and we hated each other, bickering all the time and putting one another down in front of people. I've definitly wanted to break up but seeing as it was my first real relationship and so much time had been invested in it I was terrified to leave and could never get the courage. Years later I'm incredibly happy.and my life is perfect and I'm so grateful that we stayed together because we really are meant for one another. I could of lost the love of my life because we had rough patches. I know your thinking its more than a rough patch and I definitly thought the same but in years to come you may look.back and remember that the first 6 months with a baby were hard but now your back to in love and your glad you didn't leave

This is just me tho, I know this wouldn't work for everyone but I'm so glad I tore up the goodbye letters and chickened out.

Love

Thank you for sharing that. It's made me realise maybe we are going through a rough patch and as much as I might not like him at the moment, I still love him. I just hope things change as I'm pretty miserable and it's not fair on any of us for me to be like that. :hugs:

So we've talked and spent some time on our own, without Kai and things are getting a little better. He still pisses me off with not doing much around the flat but I guess that's men for you! He has suggested maybe I visit the doctor as my moods are all over the place....it's true, but he's not getting let off that easy! So, I'm staying, for now....and we're going to work hard on our relationship and learning to manage our limited time together more effectively.

Thank you everyone for your advice and hugs. Means a lot. :hugs:

Onto other stuff:

Kai has been a demon child for the past couple of days. No idea what's wrong with him but it's doing my head in! I'm hoping it's just teething or something as if he's like this permanently, I don't know what I'll do!

He had some melon today and loved it! I gave him a wedge to hold and he did really well. He likes sucking on it :lol:
He's had rusks too....loved them! I'm not keen as they get everywhere and make a right mess! :lol:

Got my mum and sister coming round tomorrow, so that'll be nice to have some company for a change.

Thinking about going to Dr's as I've been very, very tired (moreso than is normal) and peeing loads and really thirsty and getting dizzy lots. I had GD in pregnancy and had same symptoms so thinking maybe I have diabetes :( Going to get tested anyway. If I do have it, I know I'll be able to manage it as I did while preggo, but it's a whole lifestyle change!

Good luck with the EASY thing Kayley....never really done a routine with Kai...maybe I should! :lol:

Gemma: Go Libby and go you! Really glad things are looking up :hugs:

Soph: Maybe Evan was a little full. Kai's been a bit sick since I've moved him onto 3 meals and he's only on fruit and veg mainly.

Thinking about getting a high/low chair as I want to be able to offer Kai foods on a tray. Bumbo is no good for feeding as he just slouches and refuses to eat so I feed him in his bouncer at the moment. Not ideal really but we had no table and chairs in the flat as we haven't the room so a high chair won't work either! Argh!
Still no nearer to getting a house (lease and allsorts being sorted here but taking forever), which has been getting me down a bit but gotta deal with it!
So I need something which I can store away somewhere (probably our bedroom = the junk room!) but which is easy to clean and relatively cheap.....can't find anything though!

I'm going to bed now! Sorry it was long again.....I miss out on so much not having internet! :lol:

pixelle - the pasta highchair from babies r us coverts to a low chair and its 19 quid xx

glad things are on the up, deffo go see dr x

well she was up every hour after 1 lol nice while it lasted x

Ooh thank you...I'll have a look at that.

Aww not so good that libby was up...but you have made progress and today is another day to try.

Kai's been up since 5am. I am so tired. He kept waking in the night for his dummy so I've had about 3 hours sleep. He seems to be hitting some sort of sleep regression again as he refuses to nap during that day too. Babies are hard work!

Kelly I have the pasta chair :) evan wasn't a fan at first but he's fine in it now, think he was a bit small.

I think he did have too much, he took about 4.5 oz then stopped. As any good mum does I offered more, piggy took it and promptly puked!!!

He was really sick again he wouldn't stop crying never heard cries like it anyway desierate for toilet came back and picked him up and he cried/burped/puked think this was wind.

So he slept fabby with mummy all night :dohh: in a vest cos he fell asleep while I changed him!!

Tonight I'm gonna go to bed at 9, with evan and catch up on some sleep :)

poor evan :(

pixelle: we have a pasta highchair too :) pixie is too small just now though so we use a bouncer too.

He's bright as buttons today :) I got him in his summer shorts again!! Going into 6-9 summer clothes, not buying any 3-6! He'll be in his 3-6 stuff for a while still :)

pixelle, I'm sorry I didn't realise things were so bad. Going on from what betheney said, me and my ex husband did split up after a rough patch and I can honestly say it's my biggest regret we didn't try harder to make things work :( :hugs:

I got my phone fixed yeaterdy, no more smashed iPhone screen!! Yay!! My work colleague came over and did it bless him. I'm going into work tomorrow and we are going to the pub after to work as it's end of term, can't wait and hope evab is on top form :)

off to music group this afternoon :)

Hope things start to get better Pixelle.

Flood, flood, flood! The river is at 34.6 ft. Major flood stage is 30 ft. River is expected to crest at 39.5 on SUNDAY, I think it will be tomorrow! Due to get a rain storm Friday and Sunday. Got my evac plan printed out, contacts contacted to know we might be coming and car packed with an emergancy evacuation bag (mostly formula, food for Jaxon, and clothes, diapers and wipes). I just have a feeling SH**s going to hit the fan this weekend. Wish us luck.

Hope Evan is feeling better today.

Good luck with EASY!

Flipping heck Bartness! Make sure you stay safe hun! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back