~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Gemma, I have not heard of Mason Jennings. Does he play any sports?

Edit: I googled him, hes a musician. I feel kinda stupid. Hehe

haha yeh he is a musician sorry my fault as you where talking about sport :)

Hi everyone.

Poor Evan :( I hope he is soon feeling much better. Georgie has a cough too but thankfully it is not too bad. He does have a horrid cold though and his teeth are really hurting him.

I am finding it so hard to keep him amused lately as everything we do, he gets bored of after 5 minutes. His need to keep trying out new things is wearing me out!

Welcome Charlie :wave:

I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine xx

My nursey for evan has fallen through. they want me to pay full price during school holidays, thats about £2000 for NOT looking after my child!!!! So am looking at childminders now, have spoken to one recommended by 2 friends :) she wont charge for holidays and is cheaper at £3.50ph :) Shes not 100% sure if she has a vacancy yet as waiting to hear back from someone ....

hey kelly our babies share a very special birthday see as they share it with me:haha:
thanks for the welcome coco! Im also struggling keeping her amused at the moment we have all her toys out and move her from each one but still feel like shes getting bored but moneys tight currently so cant afford to buy her much more:(

Chloe won 20quid on the national as my dad always does my horse and he did hers so we spent no money and made 20quid, its gone into her pot of money we're saving for her birthday and xmas seing as theyre so close together we need to save now lol!

Gossip, hope libby got to sleep eventually!

Hows evan doing now, hope hes starting to improve even if its just a little bit:hugs:

ahh thats terrible for them charging the whole holidays, fx this lady will have a vacancy for evan! When do you go back to work?

He's much better today thanks :) still coughing and snotty but nowhere near as bad as he was. Not sure he'll be up for his jabs on tuesday yet :shrug:

I think it is a pisstake too!! It wasn't meant to be and I'll find someone much better to look after him :) I go back in July am looking forward to it now!

How nice Chloe was born on your birthday, my neice is born on her dads birthday and Evan was born on my uncles birthday :)

what a nice day today. i'm knackered! we went for a huge walk and i have blisters on my feet :cry:

jesus Soph £2000! i'm glad the grandparents are helping out on the babysitting side when i go back to work... would so not be able to afford is especially if we manage to get a house (which i'm not going into cos i'm in the same place >__<)

hope everyones babies are happy and well :D

Send Evan up to me recorded delivery Soph...I'll look after him monday to friday :haha:

£2000 is silly money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The courier will be cheaper than daycare :rofl:

Seriously, £180 a week, I get 13 weeks off a year so thats £2340, but they give 3 free weeks so they get £1800 off me. Disgusting and they can shove it!!!!!! I was ok paying half but not full.

So if I can get a good childminder who doesn't charge then I think a home environment will be better for Evan, plus it solves my parents evening problems too :)

Oh I made evan the most wicked AK dinner :)

Red lentil, carrot, onion and red pepper puree, tasted yum, he loved it :)

I gave him melon in the nuby nibbler today, he sucked the lot. that thing is aces, kept him dead quiet out in town :)

I bought him some jelly shoes :haha:

Nurseries are atrotious!!

When Chelsea was little I remember arguing the toss about paying them for bank holidays WHEN THEY WERE CLOSED!!!!!! Needless to say I never paid it and have used childminders ever since.

Leo is due to go to Tiegan's childminder but the though of going back to work and leaving him literally makes me cry so I am hoping to register myself and already have a client lined up although I will have to work Aug - Nov as will not be able to mind her baby (who isnt even born yet) until Leo is one - I think I could just about handle that!!

Hope all are well :flower:
Jo xx

Gawds, if I left Amber with anyone at the moment she would scream the place down...

..This last week she seems to be having some seperation anxiety issues...my normally happy and content baby crys when I walk out of the room...sobs her lil heart out if anyone else other than Allan or I pick her up :nope:

don't know if any of you remember i posted about a month ago Eva gained 110grams in 2 months :-S just had the catch up weigh in today and it went pretty terrible too.

Well that sucked

Eva

2mo -5kg -11 pounds
4mo -5.11kg -11 pounds 4 ounces
5mo -5.22kg - 11 pounds 8 ounces

So she only gained 110grams in a month..... Better than the 110grams in 2 months like last time but still terribly small.

Thankfully i have a lovely maternal and child health nurse (HV) who told me straight away not to worry and not to get upset some babies are just little and there is no harm in that :) she said i can try 1 formula bottle a day unless i don't want to, in which i replied "i don't want to" so she said thats fine just continue with the solids and hopefully as we increase those she'll start to gain some weight as she has only been on a teaspoon of farax of a morning for the last 2 weeks.

LOVE

ah dani, i just commented yesrterday libby is having some issues to and crying for strangers.

Bethany - hope the weight comes up for u soon, do they think its a supply issue or is she not that hungry still? x

doesnt sound good about the seperation anxiety you've all said about, guess ive got that to come, although i wouldnt mind if she cried whenever mil held her:haha:

sounds like evan is eating well, we're trying to hold off as long as possible to do blw but im not sure if we'll get to 6months.

As for the slow weight gain glad to hear you have a supportive hv im sure once shes eating more solids is will gain quicker. My hv told me i feed chloe too much and i need to cut it down as at 14wks she weighed 17lb 6oz neadless to say i havent taken her to be weighed since lol!

Oh and i cant believe they are charging 180 pw thats shocking!:nope:

Pixie is also having the crying with strangers thing going on - just trying to get her used to different people by getting her out and letting her 'speak' to them.

well, it's looking like Pixie is ready for a tea time! little monkey ate and drank sooo much yesterday!

good girl pixie :)

Heard anything manda? she is taking the mick a bit, has she refused or do u think she is letting you stew too to see who caves first? 3k is nothing!

Need to go in the shower before madam wakes from her nap, must use internet less haha.

Although I better make the most of it, as when I go back to uni 26th this month :cry: I wont have time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->