~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Kelly do go to some baby clubs as I have met some lovely mums there. For me, the ones run by the Childrens Centres seem best if you don't know anyone as they are quite structured. Most run a group for under ones. It took quite a while for us all to become friendly outside of the group, but now we all meet for lunch and playdates throughout the week. We also try really hard to include new group members. Hope your local group is just as friendly :)

We do have a routine now, feed, bath, story bed but as I am far too soft to let him cry (or whimper for that matter, I am such a sook) I lie with him and let him comfort suckle until he falls asleep. I do need to step it up a notch as once he is mobile I can't leave him in my bed while I get back up. I think it would help if I actually bought a cot :rofl:

I swear by the baby whisperer book - it helped us a lot in terms of routine although i don't follow their weaning 'thing' we bottle and feed at the same time and eventually her food will increase and milk will decrease... the way i seen it was we're aiming for breakfast, lunch, tea and supper so it won't be a big change for her the way we're doing things now.

ANYWAY!

how is everyone this morning? :)

I dont think libby was ready when i tried to do when u started she is a lot more chilled now she is a little older :thumbup:

I was going to ask about the weaning thing. Libby has been waking through night 3ish for a feed and It was suggested that she may need more through the day but this morning she took 8oz in about half an hour of milk and then I had to give her her brekkie and hour later I gave her a spoonfuil of porridge mixed with some papaya but was worried im gonna overfeed her with that much! She is having a lot of milk in a day and 3 meals Im kind of wishing id held off with the weaning as I dont want to make her a massive big beast as the milk is most important

have you tried your bottles with a meal? she'll be full after that and would last till her next meal maybe?
as long as she's getting 18-20oz a day of milks then it's fine to be weaning too. :)

i knew munchkin was ready because she actually sits and happily opens her mouth for food, she does the chewing motions when we're eating our food :)haha:) she seems to be doing fine and putting weight on steadily :) we are still just on 2 meals though

Jaxon only gets two meals as well. My cousin gives him lunch during day, and I give him dinner in evening. In the past few days he's been eating TONS! I swear he's a little piggy!

Evan has 3 meals now, although today he's had nothing as he didn't get up til 10 and we had to go out at 10.45 and now he is asleep.

Well last night was not TOO bad. He went to sleep at 9 on me in the lounge, I put him down he cried but he went to sleep on his tummy and was down til half 12, I fed him then he woke up at half 3 aswell and cam ei nwith me and fed on/off from 6 :dohh:

I am going to keep at the cot though, maybe I will do milk before the bath like you ladies do. So meal at 5 and a bottle at 6 then bath and bed for 7. I am gonna give that a go :)

try and watch for his sleepy signs and then first yawn/eye rub give him milk, then bath and then bed and you will find his natural sleep window as he may not be ready for bed at 7 and he may have a fuss about it, it might take up to a week before u see any change! Good luck xxx

if you give him a bottle then bath then bed he'll stop associating a feed before bed too :)

try and watch for his sleepy signs and then first yawn/eye rub give him milk, then bath and then bed and you will find his natural sleep window as he may not be ready for bed at 7 and he may have a fuss about it, it might take up to a week before u see any change! Good luck xxx

I did that last night. but I think I am doing it wrong! Evan rubs his eyes when he is tored, so I got the signs, so I gave him a bath and his bottle and he was going to sleep on me, just wouldn't settle in the cot at all!!

Now I have done it before where I have fed him when he has shown signs of being tired and then he's gone to sleep for 2 hours at 6.

I am rubbish :haha:

Can you tell me what you do and when and I will work something around that :D

Evan will probably have a unique sleepy signal for you. Here it's when she plays with her hair bless. she gets grouchy.. this either means she is sleepy or she's bored. if we can't entertain her then we know she's tired.

here we:

4pm bottle of 7oz and we play till she's tired. at this time she can sometimes go till 7:30pm and that'll be her for the rest of the night. if she does have a nap between 4pm and 7pm she'll go down for about 30mins and then will go to her bed at 8pm x

Addison gets... ZERO meals per day :haha:

Will prob start in a couple weeks with a bit of BLW and see how it goes.. Not sure will see...

He only goes down at around 8..

Well he slept from 3-6 woops!! He's Bren in the jumperoo a good 20 mins and I've got his dinner sorted! I'm gonna give him that then see what he's like after. When shall I do his bath :shrug:

i would say very first sleepy sign feed him while bath is running then up in bath and bring him down and maybe put him on a cushion with tv off and dont really talk to him much and if you do in a calm voice or sing a lullaby but not looking directly at him then when he starts to fuss or flap about or fall asleep take him upstairs and say "time for sleep" or another phrase u like and put him down you can shush pat him or just hold him if he cries pick him up and cuddle and when he stops crying put him back down and say "its only time for sleep" keep doing this till he goes off x

you have to really go by his clock not the clock on the wall because he slept till 3- 6 he is not going to be overly sleepy x

tomorrow try and get him to nap long one in the morn and afternoon when you see sleepy signs do as you did on night time and then a catnap is he is tired between 4 - 6 only up to 45 mins x

how comes everyone gives a bottle so long before bed im kinda confused lol:dohh:

Erm.... Non tired bubba here!! He's had dinner and is polishing off a bottle, well 5oz so far. Bath is ready.

Hes trumping away next to me :rofl:

He's pushing the bottle away, never done that before :shock:

Right bath time for my skanky monkey (he's filthy)

Now he's doing a poo :dohh:

I think this is why he doesn't want to bottle, he can't eat AND poo. He's a guy, he can't multitask :rofl:

:haha:

Its just the BW routine charli it seems to work best for us as we do the EASY routine:

Eat Awake Sleep You so they always need some activity after eating (Bath on a nightime)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->