~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

ohhh right we do that in the day but shes always gone straight down at night after a bottle with no problem so i guess we're quite lucky lol

Ok.... So I put him in the bath and then got him dressed for bed. As I was dressing him for bed he started rubbing his eyes and turning away from me. So good timing! Then I sat down and told him a story, well talk about our day :) And he laid in bed no probs, he was whinging a bit but not crying so I sung to him and he's asleep.

:wohoo:

So this looks like it may work just need to bring it forward, todays long nap isn't normal. I am to blame as I was knackered so we went to sleep in my bed, but I woke up before him. He doesn't have a long sleep in the morning, always the afternoon but normally between 2-5ish, so that would work :)

I have a Thai curry cooking go me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have swimming and jabs tomorrow so it will all go to pot I am sure :haha:

Way to go Evan and Soph :happydance:

If I sung to Amber....ummm she would end up screaming at me I think...cat's choir springs to mind :rofl:

Charli, we do a feed right before bed, we lay on our bed, in the dark and quiet, she has her milk, then goes into her sleeping back and straight into the cot, I used to do it the same way with Reagan...some babies just like different routines.

Just sat down to eat and hes woken up :dohh:

I am gonna see if he settles himself......

Go Evan! Glad you've had a proper dinner tonight Soph.

Thanks hun, plus my nice sleep earlier with Evan I feel really cool. Oh and I did yoga this morning as well. God my body is fucked, firstly I am a beached whale (although my nike trousers for the gym fitted just lol)but I feel so creaky you know? Like my bosy is so old now :haha:

Oh Lizzy, no-one hardly ever replies to my posts :(

what was it you were asking?

It's ok Soph, I was just having a bit of a panic as the HV suggested starting weaning when I saw her today. It's so pathetic, I actually had a panic attack earlier when I thought about it. I think I'd rather get up through the night for now. x

OK, just so you know weaning hasn't made Evan sleep through the night. I don't expect him to for a while yet! You have a good few weeks to go anyway til erin is 6 months, well done you for holding out and not caving early like all of us :haha:

It's not so much that solids would make her sleep through the night, she has been for a while but recently is waking up starving hungry a couple of times during the night so the HV suggested she might need something extra? I don't want her to be hungry?

Are you breastfeeding or bottles? You could try hungry baby milk if bottles? She may well be ready for extra now, but also I read it is common for babies to start waking up at night too at this age. Evan's sleep was awful (and its shit at the best of times) about 2 weeks or so ago. She's not starving, if she was she'd be crying for milk all the time, you'd know :)

Do you want to go down the puree route? If so there would be no harm in starting her on some rice or porridge in the mornings? But the amount they have to start (a few spoonfuls) isn't really gonna make her less hungry iykwim :flower:

Pink Lizzy I am also holding off the weaning and really just do not feel ready to start yet-everyone keeps saying oh wow what a bog boy, maybe he should be on solids. Annoys me to shit. You just do what feels right hunni xx

She's bottlefed (my other massive guilt issue!) but she's on the lactose free formula so I don't really have the option to try a hungry milk. :wacko:
I just doubt myself so much when it comes to making decisions with her, I can't believe I used to be able to organise an operating theatre and boss four vets around, I'm a nervous wreck these days!

If you're not sure then maybe just wait it out until you feel certain?

Oh and yay for Evan being such a champ tonight Sophie.. x

Funny you say that!!! I was watchng the Vannessa show earlier and it was about working mums and going back to work etc. They were talking about how lots of mums who have pressurised, high powered jobs etc etc all of a sudden once they have a baby lose confidence and really start to doubt themselves as a mum.. Exactly like what you have said!!

Firstly, remember you know Erin best, you are her mum it is down to you and OH to be confident and make decisions about her life, you are doing great and she's happy so now to the next step.

So you know you need to really wean in the next 4 weeks, so why not set a date? Day in 2 weeks time, get everything ready, read up on it so you are confident about it all, maybe prepare some foods so in your mind you know exactly what you are doing instead of going in blind??

Annabel Karmel does a good shedule/meal planner that you could use as a guide so you know where you are going with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->