~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Not at all! It makes sense, I'm always better when I have a plan, and preferably a list! :haha: It's a good job I don't have a laminator at home otherwise I'd be making laminated tick lists and charts! :blush:

I'd LOVE a laminator :haha:

Well have a think and see how you get on. I am better to when I know what I am doing. I am organised in my head, but in reality I am awful.

He's just woke, wouldn't settle so had a bf. That was about 4 hours so I am off to bed hopefully he'll go a while and I can get some kip x x

aww so pleased to hear that evan went down so much better last night:)

ohh youandme glad to hear someone else does it like we do, i though i was doing something wrong lol!

oh and i cant believe chloe is 5 months today where has the time gone?! I know theres a couple of others that were born on the same day so happy 5months to them:hugs::)

how was ur night sophie!

I agree Its completely up to you when u want to wean :)

We had a BAD night with teeth she is getting another one all this started happening a week before she got them last time so fingers crossed!

Oh and PL Libby doesnt sleep through the night without a feed either!

Pink Lizzy I am also holding off the weaning and really just do not feel ready to start yet-everyone keeps saying oh wow what a bog boy, maybe he should be on solids. Annoys me to shit. You just do what feels right hunni xx

Everyone keeps to me oh wow what a little thing he is, maybe he should be should be on solids :rofl:

We are holding off to BLW but this last week Georgie has really started wanted to grab to food off our plates which is how the BLW book says you will know know they are about ready to start, so it wont be long.

Lizzy did you know that if you wait until around 26 weeks before you start to wean that even if you don't want to do BLW you can bypass puree stage altogether and just mash their food right from the start?

Sophie, it looks like you are making good progress on the bedtime routine front :thumbup:

Happy 5 months Chloe x

Poor Libby, I hope the tooth comes through quickly :hug:

Our routine seems to have changed in that now George is going to bed earlier, he has started waking earlier at 6am. I am now going to have to rethink my morning routine as I always used to set my alarm for 7.30 so that I could jump in the shower and get ready before George woke up. These last few days I have jumped in the shower while George gurgled in bed but that isn't a long term solution as I wont be able to leave him in bed when he is on the move. He only rolls front to back at the minute.

These last few days George has added D's and G's to his repertoire of gurgle sounds so he spends all day long gurgling dad-dad-dad or dadeeeeeeee (with the squeal on the end, lol) or what even sounds like doggy. So that is everyone in the house who gets a mention except me :rofl:

I know they are just baby gurgles but they are so cute to hear.

Pixie still gets fed at 11pm PL - if you are not confident with weaning i would recommend an annabell karmel book. they're really good :)

now- i am sure last night we got an 11pm to 8am without a wake :O she usually wakes at 3ish then settles down again :happydance:

my little munchkin is 5months old :cloud9: love you Pixie :D she's jiggling about in her jumperoo while i eat breaky lol

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Feeling a bit better about everything today, I've been feeling really anxious about everything recently-doubting all my decisions and the thought of having to start weaning just sent me into total panic mode!

Well he was asleep fine, woke up and self settled but then the teeth kicked in too for us. 4 times he woke up screaming he's not done that for ages :(

weaning is fine :) just start with one meal (lunch) and build from that :flower:

My friend just gave me the Gill Rapley book to have a read and I have to say I didn't really like it much at all to be honest. Yes I agree some of it does make perfect sense, but not much I didn't think. I think if traditional weaning is done properly (and a baby isn't still on purees at 8 months) then that is the best way to wean, imo. I started Evan on purees when he grabbed food from my plate. He mostly eats from a pre loaded spoon anyway because he wants to, he's had plenty of different tastes and textures from what he is eating. I give him finger food alongside his puree aswell, so he still gets the opportunity to suck/chew/bite roll things around his mouth, swallow and gag :haha:

I can't see how denying a baby the opportunity to use a spoon at all (which alot of people do as they don't want to give pre loaded spoons) is helping them to learn to eat? Not all foods are finger foods! Such as yoghurts! I think there is just as much chance of a blw child rejecting or being fussy with smoother foods and cutlery than there is of a tw baby being fussy with lumps.

Some kids are fussy eaters, some are lazy eaters how ever they are weaned. Just cos a baby eats steak like a pro at 9 months doesn;t mean they'll eat like a pro at 18 months iykwim?

I do not and will not eat my dinner at 5pm, it is WAY too early and always will be. I am fairly fussy so need to prepare seperate food for Evan so he learns to eat better than I do! I don't eat egg, I don't eat many veges with my food etc he already had a more varied diet than I do :haha:

I don't buy all the waiting til a baby is ready and they don't "eat" until about months either. I knew Evan was ready as he showed me the signs, the same signs I'd have taken if I was blw, although with blw I'd have forced him to wait as Evan was 4.5 months when he began showing signs.

When he is 6 months in 13 days time :shock: I am going to reduce the purees and mash more food and give him more meals of finger foods instead so his variety is bigger.

Just my 2 penneth worth :haha: I don't disagree with it, it just wasn't for me really, I am beginning to notice as soon as someone encounters a problem with TW some people on here jump in with BLW and finger foods etc etc as if people don't do their research!! Just seems to be yet another excuse to divide up parents into a them and us senario! Like BF and FF.

very true.

if pixie wants the spoon i give her it tbh. want those curved spoons for her :thumbup:

Aint taht the truth. I've been giving Jaxon chunks of banana when OH and I have dinner at night....he mostly just plays with it, only a few small bites.

SNOW! ARE YOU F***ing kidding me? 3-6 inches in the next two days? WHAT IS THIS! Its supposed to be SPRING!

rgh im so randomly teary lately at the most stupidest of things - like things that arnt even sad I fill up :/ anyone else like this I feel like im pregnant but im most definatly 100% not lol anyone else like this?

Libby has been napping since 10.. bit bored as I havnt done anything productive, should be reading up on nursing research if im honest!

Just been swimming and Evan is zonked :) He wore his new surfer shoerts, he looked aces :haha: We used the long floats (sausage ones) and they held on and they "swam" around the pool, although Evan was being lazy and letting his legs sink instead of holding them afloat!

He has his jabs later :(

Well I am getting so pissed off. My friend was coming down to stay this weekend. Then I get a text asking if I mind that he doesn't come down for a variety of reasons. I said yes I did mind, so he replies ok well I'll come but will have to come at this time and shoot off at this time blah blah.... So I said No don't come as you'd rather be doing something else. I have lived here for 15 months, not one of my friends has come to visit. I live an hour away, it's not the moon. I am tired of spending my time up at my mums having to go around and see people, I can't really be arsed anymore :( I need to stop trying to live my Croydon life from Hastings iykwim? And embrace my new friends down here, this is our life now and if my mates want to see me then they should make the effort to come down here every once in a while.

i know what you mean. its you that has to organise or nothing too eh? not everyone i know is like this but some are ¬___¬

Gemma - maybe all the changes are just getting you teary?

Bummed out. OH put an offer on a house, only to find out there is already a pending offer. Oh hum...maybe another one like it will come up onlistings...probs not in our price range though.

we are going to put an offer on it, but we cant go to far above listing price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->