~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

woohoo way to go Evan!

Pixelle : we have the fisher price seahorse in pink :D Pixie loves it. the room is so cute!! i hate not being able to decorate her room :(

you&me how long will he be staying with you?

Morning pichi! Sounds like a good idea about the sigs, you can do me one once i get net next week :)

well done :)

yeh pichi I think thats a fab idea as your so good! I need one making but I just dunno what pics to use! x

woohoo way to go Evan!

Pixelle : we have the fisher price seahorse in pink :D Pixie loves it. the room is so cute!! i hate not being able to decorate her room :(

I know how you feel. Not been able to decorate his room nice as it has to look neutral for buyers..grrr. But if you can get some, those stickers are fab. They come off the walls with no problems and without damaging paintwork . Got them from 99p shop..lots to choose from too. I wasn't looking for them...just stumbled across them.
Kai has only just started liking the seahorse...it's lovely...really nice music :)

sad day, found out I didnt get the promotion at work. Getting punished for having a family.

Oh well my family is more important than money anyday!

Sorry to hear that Dani, why has having a family affected your chances? We have quite strict sex discrimination laws here (companies still try to get away with things) but if you really feel you have been discriminated against here and have evidence to prove or suggest then we can take our employers to court or go to our unions.

aww hun im so sorry, they sound like their being crap friends tbh! Is it just because you dont live right near them that they arent seeing you? If so then thats terrible, especially when if you've got all those things right near to you, do they not like the fact you moved? Sorry i know you've most probably discussed the whole thing pages and pages ago lol!

:nope: I found the same too Sophie...you may remember my FB status a few weeks back about not being allowed a social life because I have kids and have become invisible it would seem....the night before my 'closest' friends had been out on a girly night...no invite, I also found out the same day that this coming weekend they are all heading out for a meal...no invite...fuck em :shrug: Have you tried NM's to meet up with some local mummies?...I have met a couple of people through there, and one of them is now a very good friend :thumbup:

:cry: I feel so sad for 2 of our preemie mum's...one's baby turned into an angel and she is being induced today (she already has an angel daughter)...the other one has found out that her bump has a more severe version of the chromosomal abnormalities that her son does. :cry: this world can be so so cruel.

My FIL flys back in next thursday :dohh: Not too sure how it is going to work out with him living here...probably in the divorce courts :rofl:

Dani - How very sad! I read Tashas story last night, broke my heart :( I read another story in the loss section about a lady who fed/changed/winded her baby at 8am and they both went back to sleep and he didn't wake up again :cry: Just so sad and no-one should have to go through this pain :(

Yeah I am pretty annoyed about it. I got told it was a logistical nightmare getting 6 people to come down at the same time, so I said well you don't HAVE to come down at the same time. I know we discussed that but I can't cope with 6 people in my house plus kids! You know a phonecall one Sunday morning saying "Hey we were thinking of a trip to the coast" would be so nice :(

I have met lots of people here, so plenty of mummy friends a few I am close to. It is weird as it is a group who have met via massage/yoga/NCT etc so the group is SO big now!! I don't know/talk to them all and things are always arranged via email, which I try to read but miss things. Some of it seems a bit fake to be honest. I am sure smaller groups will begin to break away iykwim?

Dann i - just pimp out a cardboard box, stick it to the house and tell him you've had an extension :haha:

bartness: sorry about the promotion :( i hate when they discriminate when you have family

and good morning to everyone else *waves*

was thinking to stop be getting bored on an evening i was going to start making siggies. what you think?

I think it is a great idea and will be one of your first customers :thumbup:

woohoo way to go Evan!

I am not sure if it's cos of his jabs yesterday. He was such a brave boy but did cry (more like sob) when they did them :( But was fine after, just more sleepy.

I keep missing his breakfast window :haha: He is quite happy to wake up arounf 7.30ish and have a nice feed from me and then goes back to sleep til 10ish. I should get him up but he falls asleep feeding from me :dohh: No brekkie again unless I give it when he wakes up at 10ish?

Baby Clinic later to get the chunk weighed.

well done to evan hes definitely getting there!:)
i read something on the loss section before it absolutely broke my heart i cant go on there now its just so so sad:cry:

as for the seahorse, do you all think its a good buy, ive seen it a few times but never been sure about it lol

pixie gets the seahorse when it's nap time so she associates it with sleep. its kinda like her lovey but not haha

Evan is obviously happy having a wee drinky then off back to sleep. you could give him some baby porridge or something at 10 if he shows signs he's hungry?

I always end up in bits going in the loss section :(

My mum just rang me this morning to say my cousin Emma's baby passed away last night :cry: she was 31 weeks pregnant and went into labour but the cord waa wrapped tighly around baby Ira's kneck :cry: I thought they could tell this? Libby's cord was wrapped around her neck twice and they new.. surely there would of been signs?

oh gossip im so so sorry to hear your terrible news:hugs: i really think they should review the processes when women are pregnant, to me 2 scans is nothing, so much could happen after 20wks its crazy

Gemma...my thoughts are with your cousin and the family :hugs:

Charli....ummm indefinately for now :wacko:

Tasha had her little girl this morning, weighing 340g...Riley Rae Ann, she said she is perfect :kiss:

I speak to quite a few people from the loss section...probably because over in the preemie section we all tend to mingle together, one person knows another and you get to know them etc etc...

Well my thoughts are with Tasha and what a lovely name :hugs:

Thoughts are with your cousin too Gemma :hugs: I know how awful it is. When my sister gave birth to Ruby at 22 weeks it was just heartbreaking and I regret not being a supportive as I should have been. But having had a baby now changes my views on everything.

Did you see the news yesterday about the UK having the highest still birth rate in the Western world? 4000 a year, basically 11 a day. That is just an AWFUL statistic. They also said at least half could be prevented. We are very lucky for the health system we have here. I was monitored so closely I needed to pitch a tent outside the hospital in the last 2 months I was pregnant, but I was lucky with my care. Others are not. Something needs to be done. Money invested into maternal care, more midwifes etc. For the most part 2 scans are enough and many have more cos care is generally good and risks are picked up. It is such a waste when some are missed :(

He woke up 10 on the dot and he's had porridge and toast :)

but unfortuntly the nhs reforms and cuts mean care will suffer even more... bloody government and the bloody deficit... stop butting into wars and sending out our troops and bailing other countrys out and u will save a fecking fortune you stupid toff :grr: I HATE David cameron... needs to live a day in the real world been brought up with a silver spoon and hasnt got a fecking clue :grr: RANT OVER

but unfortuntly the nhs reforms and cuts mean care will suffer even more... bloody government and the bloody deficit... stop butting into wars and sending out our troops and bailing other countrys out and u will save a fecking fortune you stupid toff :grr: I HATE David cameron... needs to live a day in the real world been brought up with a silver spoon and hasnt got a fecking clue :grr: RANT OVER

I agree :)

Thing is the NHS Reforms have proved so unpopular too and Andrew lansley the Health Sec got a vote of no confidence by 99%. I think they should get the message? But no I don't think so!!!

This country (along with many others) is fucked!!! I understand the debt needs paying back, but doing it this quick is having amassive effect of so many things. A long term slower repayment that was easier on everyone would have been better instead of going in guns blazing...

Oooh I just got a letter inviting me to a Home Safety Session at the local Fire Station :D We get free stuff too (I know we get a free stairgate!!) How cool is that!! I love Hastings for baby stuff :haha:

I've also bought him somed bandana bibs, i got 10 but realise I may not need that many :haha:

I am also waiting for a grass bottle holder rack drier thingy :haha: My sister has it it is awesome!!! https://www.safetots.co.uk/p2052/-B...-feed&utm_medium=sem&utm_campaign=google-feed

I know, we are planning a move abroad in the future..

thing is he keeps bailing other countries out.. wasnt portugal the last one? :grr: let some one else!

I have a drainer but I have so much washing up it is a pain and am sick of putting them on a tea towel, so seeing my sister with this I thought I'd give it a go. Especially as we are on bottles almost all day now :)

Move to SA :)

Here people get a scan every 4 weeks.. Ok it isnt free but still, treated like gold when with child.. was explaining to some friend show after i had my kids, we were handed baby and then jst left alone really. taken to my bed and told there was tea and coffee and toast in the kitchen, help myself hahaha.. Here they have baby unless you want him/her and it is like 5 star hotel treatment. they believe a mom should rest after childbirth.. oh and babies over 9lbs are usually born via c-section as apparently alot of unseen internal damage is done with bigger babies.. not sure i agree with that.. random post but got ddi on lap so cant read back too much xx

so sorry about angel babies:-( dont think i could recover from that..

I thought about moving abroad. Before I got pregnant I decide that if by the time I am 30 (August) I am still dallying along then I would look at going abroad. I did my points for Oz and had enough to get a work visa. But then I had Evan so it is not an option and I am happy where I am!

I am not sure I like the idea of baby going into a nursery after being born. I know with Evan I could have done with NOT having him with me in the sense I couldn't move for 24 hours after the section, but he needed feeding and I wanted him with me.

Our Post natal care is awful I might add.

Ya I also will be making sure baby stays with me if I have a 3rd over here but some moms are happy to have the rest and the sisters bring baby whenever you want to feed or whatever. Basically there is a nursery and they are happy to bath/change baby etc until mom feels ready.. I rememeber after having Addison I could not for the life of me open my legs even just a little bit to get out of bed.. You would think they would bring you tea and coffee etc.. But it is free so I guess one can't complain. I know people pay taxes but we pay huge tax here too and still pay for childbirth, docs etc.. RAMBLE

Oh and I never knew EASY way actually stood for something, I totally thought everyone was shouting it.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->