~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

I just got told petit filous is bad. ooops, best find some "healthier" yoghurt for Evan :shrug:

post natal care? Whats that? :haha: would of been nice just to of gotten a little bit of that lol!

Charlie after I had Evan it was awful, I was in 3 days. I had the catheter in for 24 hours and couldn't get out of bed. The nurses literally tutted when I rang them like 9 times during the night cos I couldn't move to get Evan myself!! I was told I lacked confidence when trying to stand up after the op, when in reality I had no drugs and felt like I was being stabbed in my belly. The night nurse FED my baby cos I was vulnerable and tired and should have been encouraged to bf him. He was in my bed and I was told I would suffocate him.

Couldn't wait to fucking leave.

Antenatal on the otherhand A-MAZING!!

WOW! My experiance with Jaxon was fab. I went to my appoitment said "I think my water broke" midwife tested for waters, came back positive and he said "better send your boyfriend home to get your bag, your not leaving the hospital, your going to have a baby" and since my water broke at 330am and it was already 4pm, they hooked me up to antibiotics right away. My private nurse was with me the entire time, from the time I got admitted until about an hour after Jaxon was born! Midwife came just to chat about 10 times.

I was admitted on Friday night and discharged on MOnday at noon!

My antenatal care was crap and when I was in hospital I was basically ignored as my contractions weren't close enough together, even though I was the only one in my ward actually having contractions :wacko: everyone else was waiting for induction the next day.
I went from 1-10cm without being checked once and spent most of that time in the bathroom on the ward!
The midwives that delivered her were amazing and once I was home the community MWs were so lovely, one even popped over at 10pm to help me latch her on!

Ugh, Jaxon has some nasty smelling farts. I nearly upchucked!

Charlie after I had Evan it was awful, I was in 3 days. I had the catheter in for 24 hours and couldn't get out of bed. The nurses literally tutted when I rang them like 9 times during the night cos I couldn't move to get Evan myself!! I was told I lacked confidence when trying to stand up after the op, when in reality I had no drugs and felt like I was being stabbed in my belly. The night nurse FED my baby cos I was vulnerable and tired and should have been encouraged to bf him. He was in my bed and I was told I would suffocate him.

Couldn't wait to fucking leave.

Antenatal on the otherhand A-MAZING!!

i was the same as you. i was in for 2 nights/3 days but everyone that i got were really nice... besides the nurse that bruised my leg REAL bad :wacko:
i bf from the time i came out of the operating theatre and the night nurses helped me feed her while i was still in bed with a catheter... saying that i was standing practically a few hours after having my section too

soph I think asda little stars are meant to be good..

I had crap postnatal care and crap bfing support, I had different ppl telling me different things and a million ppl pulling at my boobs... making me stressed and libby stressed, the pead dr made me give her formula as she "wasnt feeding" and thought she might ahve an infection cos my waters went 72 hrs prior!

I think libby just settled herself to sleep, she was halfway there and was kicking up a fuss even though she was shattered and I was getting angry pu/pd again cos im bk here for some reason past 2 days so i walked out and left her she stopped crying and was just making little sounds and now it sounds as though she has gone to sleep. God I hate naps il be much happier when she just plays all day and I dont have to fight her when she is tired :haha: dont quote me on that..

soph I think asda little stars are meant to be good..

I had crap postnatal care and crap bfing support, I had different ppl telling me different things and a million ppl pulling at my boobs... making me stressed and libby stressed, the pead dr made me give her formula as she "wasnt feeding" and thought she might ahve an infection cos my waters went 72 hrs prior!

I think libby just settled herself to sleep, she was halfway there and was kicking up a fuss even though she was shattered and I was getting angry pu/pd again cos im bk here for some reason past 2 days so i walked out and left her she stopped crying and was just making little sounds and now it sounds as though she has gone to sleep. God I hate naps il be much happier when she just plays all day and I dont have to fight her when she is tired :haha: dont quote me on that..

I didn't get the chance to put Evan down for a nap he fell asleep on his playmat while I was out of the room :haha: I left him there for a good hour or so had a shower etc :)

He's just had laughing cow cheese on bread for lunch!! He didn't gag once! Not sure how much he ate but it's cool :D

I'm so sad to hear about all the angel babies. I know if something like that would happen to me I would completely lose my shit, i'm pretty sure I would never recover. The strength of the people it happens to oh my heart goes out to them. Eva had the cord wrapped abound her neck and het shoulders and her arm and the nurse couldnt unhook it so they cut it without clamping it or anything and blood just went squirting out the ends. I often think how close I came to losing Eva and I just can't even deal with that idea.

I'm also sorry to hear that some of you have such terrible care. I had 2 nights in hospital and nearly 3 whole days and my care was great. I called a nurse with every feed to check my latch and they were more than happy to help. They came around every few hours asking if I need meds for pain. When I said the pain is fine but I'm nauseous they gave me an injection. I didn't want to leave. LOL

AFM - , i'm so sick it's terrible!!!! I just have the flu but I feel like death. Thankfully its as if Eva can tell so has been such an angel!!!! She wakes up and has a feed then plays on her own for an hour then I put het in bed and her eyes are closed and shes sucking her thumb straight away, no fighting, no sooking! Then she sleeps for an hour and we repeat the whole process. I'm so sick and hubby won't take time off work to care for me or Eva so I dont know what i'd do if Eva wasn't co-operating

get well soonx

pixie had mummas home made soup for lunch and gobbled it all up :haha: she's now sound in her cot :) i'm just vectoring out my tattoo :D

Hmmm soup :)

Evan is bouncing in the jumperoo. He's Eaten, he's now doing his Activity and will have a Sleep with mummy on the sofa in a bit whilst I have You time and watch a movie :D

I tried out putting Erin for a nap in her cot upstairs (usually she just sleeps in her travel cot in the living room) and she has been asleep for nearly 2 hours!
Now I don't know whether to wake her up or not?! :shrug:

some of your stories in hospital are terrible, mine was no better. I had an episiotomy and had a caetheter in, the nurse on the night shift was shocking i had a canular(sp?) in my hand that was falling out i called her and she just taped it on not properly at all, well chloe was crying i had to get out of bed holding my caetheter in agony well whilst doing this my canular came out i had blood going everywhere including on chloe. I cried so much and it took her 15mins to answer my buzzer so i used a cotton pad to try and stop the bleeding when she came she just looked at me in disgust and said i didnt need the canular in, so why didnt she take it out earlier?! I also had a problem with bleeding down there and a nice nurse asked the other to help me change my pad, when the nice one left she just gave me the pad and told me to change it. I remember crying that night pretty much constantly it was terrible!
The worst thing is im not exactly someone that takes bad service or anything normally she'd of got a mouthfull of abuse lol but after being in labour for over 48hrs and fully established for more than 12hrs, a forcep delivery and huge blood loss i was a complete wreck!
No wonder i made them let me go home the day after lol

sorry rant over, nice to get it out to people that actually understand lol

PL - nooo dont wake her up! :haha:

Ok im bawling my eyes out at 60 minute makeover, I am truely a div x

Yay Pichi! So pleased for you! Looking forward to seeing Pixie's new nursery :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->