~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

I keep winding my OH up saying he's ancient (he's not, he's just 28 this yr) saying he'll get his zimmer frame next year haha

Shit I'm positively ancient at 36 

Although they do say you're only as young as the man you feel 

Justin is 35!

Silas I hope you have a great day today! Happy Birthday!!

Oh yeah forgot to mention, Jaxon is crawling now...all over the place. He's offically feeding himself, loves to stuff his own face...and

He threw his very first temper tantrum! He got pissed off at my cousin today b/c she wouldnt let him play with the DVD player!

I am ancient compared to you lot :rofl: will be 33 this October!!

Aw, pixies crawling kinda. Not properly grasped getting those hands and knees moving together haha.

We have a hudini (sp) on our hands! Woke up this morning to find her up at the top of the cot out her sleeping bag and the bloody things all zipped up at the bottom of the cot! Lol

Ok, way to make me feel ancient :cry: (34 and only on first baby!)

I just came across this. I know better than to post it on Baby Club (!) but it seems the most sensible document I have read on weaning so far.

https://www.bda.uk.com/publications/statements/PositionStatementWeaning.pdf

Am getting jealous of all the crawling and teeth that are going on with our November Sparklers. Stanley's having none of it! I think he'll take after his daddy and get his first tooth at 11 months. Quite happy to have a lazy baby though as means I can be lazy too :haha:

that article is pretty much how i've been taking weaning. by 4 and a bit months Pixie needed something more than just milk so started on baby rice once a day... built it up to 2 times a day with purees when she was 5months and now -we're 6months tomorrow! and we're successfully on 3 meals a day and no 11pm bottle now :) she's a wee fidget still though at night and moans if she doesn't have the dummy (still havn't gotten rid of that thing yet!)

thats a good thing with us pichi, libby has weaned herself off her dummy herself, she shovs it out the way if i try and stick it in, I think because she knows it equals sleep haha x

its pretty bfing orientated but we are on track she doesnt have purees anymore she has lumps or if a jar she has stage 2 now and she drinks out of a cup, today is first day of 3 bottles as she is only taking a couple of ounces am, 11 and 3 so Im giving her a bottle 7am 2pm and 7pm hopefully she will have more she has 9oz at bedtime anyway and tops up at 11ish and has dropped the 3ish feed last 2 nights :happydance: just going to offer her water with meals and maybe a snack mid morning such as rice cakes x

Your all so young i'm 36!!!

Makeithappen Leo is doing exactly the same, even when put him to bed if he wakes he screams like hes in pain I pick him up and he stops instantly. Little Monkey!

pixie hates a cup Gem, but i guess it's still early days - i mean she's just going on 6m so - there is room for improvement. we're going to get rid of that dummy eventually but i think just now she wants it more for chewing on because of her teeth. before this little tooth was popping in she was able to fall asleep without it :shrug:

as for pureés, pixie hates jars :dohh: not that i buy a lot of them but still - and were on the good lumpy bumpy stuff. got to get some little pasta shapes for her Mac n cheese that she's getting for tea tonight :haha:

AM: as for the curry recipe i was on about; i found another on AK's website:chicken curry

that article is pretty much how i've been taking weaning. by 4 and a bit months Pixie needed something more than just milk so started on baby rice once a day... built it up to 2 times a day with purees when she was 5months and now -we're 6months tomorrow! and we're successfully on 3 meals a day and no 11pm bottle now :) she's a wee fidget still though at night and moans if she doesn't have the dummy (still havn't gotten rid of that thing yet!)

I'm amazed how easily you got rid of the 11pm bottle. We got Stanley as far as 3 meals a day but he will still wake at 10:30 screaming for his bottle if we don't dream feed him at 10. He's such a creature of habit, just like me. Annoying :dohh:

So..I fed Jaxon a jar of oatmeal, pears and raisons for breakfast. He hated it, totally hated it. Pretended to gag on it. So I gave him some bannana yogurt, he loved it. turkey butt.

Since he's started to feed himself, im going to Target in a little bit. We're going to get finger foods and baby proofing gear.

Ugh. Maddy hasn't even had a taste of regular/baby food. My OH goes by the book and we just had to wait for her 6m and since then he still wants to put it off! He drives me insane and everything is a big fight with him!!

I'm amazed how easily you got rid of the 11pm bottle. We got Stanley as far as 3 meals a day but he will still wake at 10:30 screaming for his bottle if we don't dream feed him at 10. He's such a creature of habit, just like me. Annoying :dohh:

im surprised too tbh. we have a 6/7oz bottle at 7pm n thats her till 8am! pixie did stir the first few days but 3rd night she realised bottle time was gone lol

You know I was bfing on demand and how awful my nights were and how often evan fed, then that night we went for the mexican, he just dropped all his night feeds and has done since. Dunno why, I did nothing different (It was blatently down to formula in the day though) He still wakes once/twice between 9-4 for dummy then has to come in with me :)

Wow I just made red pepper dip, first thing that came to my head. omg it was amazing, evan just had it on pitta bread yum :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->