~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Ok, way to make me feel ancient :cry: (34 and only on first baby!)

I just came across this. I know better than to post it on Baby Club (!) but it seems the most sensible document I have read on weaning so far.

https://www.bda.uk.com/publications/statements/PositionStatementWeaning.pdf

Am getting jealous of all the crawling and teeth that are going on with our November Sparklers. Stanley's having none of it! I think he'll take after his daddy and get his first tooth at 11 months. Quite happy to have a lazy baby though as means I can be lazy too :haha:

I wouldnt worry! Megan isnt even sitting up by herself yet! :-( I think Alysha was so much more advanced. She'll get there though so im not too worried, the longer shes a baby the better!

I'm amazed how easily you got rid of the 11pm bottle. We got Stanley as far as 3 meals a day but he will still wake at 10:30 screaming for his bottle if we don't dream feed him at 10. He's such a creature of habit, just like me. Annoying :dohh:

You know I was bfing on demand and how awful my nights were and how often evan fed, then that night we went for the mexican, he just dropped all his night feeds and has done since. Dunno why, I did nothing different (It was blatently down to formula in the day though) He still wakes once/twice between 9-4 for dummy then has to come in with me :)

Wow I just made red pepper dip, first thing that came to my head. omg it was amazing, evan just had it on pitta bread yum :)

Can you ask Evan to have a word with Megan please lol. Im still feeding on demand and she wakes normally at 12.30am then around 4ish then for the day around 7ish grr

Silas hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday! Just to join in with the others im 25 :-( OH is 30

well Pixie had some Mac n Cheese for (early) tea - she scoffed the lot. she liked her little pasta stars :haha: and i was bad and gave her a wee bit of ice cream. she loved it :blush:

Sophi, please post the recipe for your red pepper dip!

Hi girls, haven't popped on here for ages! Just interested to see what your LO's are eating now? Shauns been really good with his solids, his favourite is sweet potato chips!

What is pitta bread? Lol

Thanks kayley! Had a pretty good bday with the kids and oh

urgh...im soo tired, and today is the never ending day. Laundry almost done, Jaxon napping again (I think were getting ready for a growth spurt here), after he gets up its lunch (left over ellas kitchen pouch and some yogurt) dressed and then were going out shopping. he needs summer pjs.

And I got dinner cooking in the crock pot. Swis Steak!!!

Hi Danielle, it is just my variation of Annabel Karmel but here it is:

Half a red pepper and half an onion (or a shallot) and about a quarter tin of chopped tomatos, fry up in a little oil til soft and then mix in with a quarter to half a tub of soft cream cheese (I used Philadelphia) then blend it up. You my need to experiment with the amounts but that seemed work for me. And you can freeze it too :)

sorry Kala, happy birthday for yesterday :cake: Pita is a flat bread :)

Kayley I am afraid it all stopped when I went on to formula!

Evan has really been grizzling all evening :( Hes eaten tons, a big bowl of cheesy brocoli and pasta, some of my roast chicken. I wondered how hed find it but he seemed to find it easy to eat :) A pot of custard and a plum yoghurt, now having 8oz of milk :shock: Delayed 6mo growth spurt? He was 16 days early and today he is 6mo and 16 days!!

Dunno Gemma, maybe she didnt like us :( she has posted in BC :shrug:

Lois, Evan is having allsorts, bits of what I have, stuff I have made too, he has sandwiches, toast, organix finger fioods, annabel karmel stuff x

Evening ladies :wave:

Blimey, if some of you think you are old, I am 39 :haha:

Happy birthday for yesterday Kala, hope you had a fabby day! x

Interesting article HB, nicely balanced. George really didn't need weaning much before 6 months as he showed no signs but he is making up for it now. Beef, lamb and chicken are deffinitly his favourite foods. He always has water in a sippy cup with each meal and I have started giving mid morning and mid afternoon small snacks.

LoisP, we give George pretty much the same as we eat. Its really helping us eat better.

Kayley, I still have a fair few night wakings too but I guess they won't stop as long as I am still breastfeeding.

Sophie, love the piccies of Evan in your sig x

Thanks Jo, I thought I'd do a 6 month comparison. Doesn't look like the same child does it!!? The recent one was on Tuesday (I think) maybe Wednesday when he sat up unaided for the first time. He can sit in the bath by himself now too, without the aquapod, although I'll still use it :)

Evan had some roast chicken tonight Jo, I bought one of those ready cooked ones from Sainsbury's. I thought he'd really struggle but he gobbled it all up and hes using his fingers to mash food up in his mouth as we are toothless still!

My ex-husband gave me £50 today to buy Evan something, how nice is that :) I just put it in his bank account as he doesn't need anything so do not want to waste it. I didn't see him, he sent over some money to pay his credit card, he might be coming to stay still but not sure. If anything it'll be nice to have someone to clean my fucking house. He cleaned my mums house for £20 a week while we were waiting for his work visa to be approved :haha:

Ok well I need to brag (proud mummy moment)

EVAN STTN 8.30-6.00 (with one dummy run)​

Well done Evan :wohoo: STTN and sitting unaided!!! What a big boy. I am glad he loved his chicken. George is toothless too but large chunks of chicken/lamb/beef are his favourite foods. I guess because they are just so juicy and flavoursome.

Very nice of the ex to give Evan some money. He sounds a nice guy. you never know .........

Hope everyone else is having a lovely weekend x

Ugh! Maddy bs thrush and it's really bothering her. Idk what happened to cause it. She started reflux meds last week but dont know if that would cause this in any way. Bleh.

It's 2am and I'm awake bcause have spent last 2 hrs trying to get Sissy to sleep!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->