~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Aww..great to hear that everyone's babies are being more interactive...at the moment Harry is generally into cuddles, boobs, massive yellow poos and sleep and not much else!!:haha:

Still haven't managed to even register his birth yet as we can't both get out of the house at the same time without taking Harry as well...and it's too cold for a little baby :nope: Keeping fingers crossed that it gets a bit warmer soon as I feel like a total hermit!

On the plus side..I had my first HV visit today and he's gained 6oz since birth...so pleased that the BFing is paying off, even if it's a bit soul destroying at times when he won't let me leave the sofa for hours and I'm trapped with daytime TV and need a wee!! :haha:

your allowed to stay in bed all day when the weathers so cold...save on your heating bills :D

I have not registered Georgie either. Must make an appointment for next week. The office just closes so early so hubby will have to finish work early. Bah, we should have done it while he was home after Georgie was born.

Anna, DR told me to give it him in a small amount of sterile water in a cup. And he takes it really well. Dr did say to give before feed but on the packer it says after feed. Which are you doing?

Sorry to hear alot of babies are nocturnal, Leo did sleep last night woke twice but much better than every hour that he had been doing.

And I out my chrictmas tree and decs up today!!!

Evening ladies and babies!
Sorry I haven't had much time to catch up with everyone, hope all the babies are feeling happier.
AFM-Erin was weighed by the HV today, she's 7lb 8oz now! :happydance: We also got some gaviscon over the counter today so going to try that and see if it helps, she's sick after almost every other feed now so I hope so.
Hate seeing her cry after she's sick :cry:
Really want the snow to melt now, I'm stuck indoors with a crazy pup who needs to be walked but don't want to take Erin out in this weather!

Anna, DR told me to give it him in a small amount of sterile water in a cup. And he takes it really well. Dr did say to give before feed but on the packer it says after feed. Which are you doing?

Sorry to hear alot of babies are nocturnal, Leo did sleep last night woke twice but much better than every hour that he had been doing.

And I out my chrictmas tree and decs up today!!!

I have given him 5ml on a spoon which he lapped up ad also mixed 5ml in with some cooled boiled water in a bottle, he struggled with that a bit.

He hasn't had a poo today :shrug:

We had a bath together though and he loved it :kiss:

edit: weezy i don't do that at all, thats the gripe water :haha: I mix it with an ounce of formula, then bf as normal.

Madelyn is smiling now :) I love it! She also loves staring at all the animals that are hung around the house(my family is big hunters sorry if that offends anyone :S). She also loves my dad, especially his mustach! its really funny. She is starting to "talk" too. she will coe and if she doesnt get someone talking back to her she gets pissed its hilarious!

Madelyn was 7lbs 3.4oz today. Is a 2 oz weight gain in 8 days good or bad? I was hoping for atleast a 5 oz gain. We have had issues with weight gain since she was born, she went from 6lbs 15.8oz to 6lbs 8oz in her first week and a half of her life. So, yeah. I am just rather worried.

Can you buy over-the-counter medicine to treat reflux in infants? I am in the US.

Madelyn's next doctors appointment is December 7, so I will have to ask the doctor about treating her for reflux. I hope she is willing to try it out.

Best of luck to all you BF'ing mommas! I hope you all get to continue bf'ing.

feeding times are a nightmare... anyone else have this, she searches for food put it in her mouth and she sucks and then screams, she is just so ratty!

Anna, Leo is still a bit sick though but better than he was. Although he has had a poo they are becoming thicker (TMI) maybe it's the gaviscon if Evan is struggling too.

Just realised pinklizzy our babies where born the same day!! Sorry sad I know.

Silas, Not sure if you can buy infant gavisocn over the counter. It is in sachet that you mix with formula or sterile water. I haven't seen it but I haven't looked either. Can't be much help on weight gain either, Leo put on alot of weight and will be weighed again tomorrow but I am not expecting alot with him being so sick since his last weigh in.

Gossipgirl, do you think she may have a bit of wind while feeding?

feeding times are a nightmare... anyone else have this, she searches for food put it in her mouth and she sucks and then screams, she is just so ratty!

Erin has done this a couple of times, I spoke to the HV visitor about it, she suggested it could be that she is associating feeding with the acid reflux that happens after she's had a feed?

Silas, the weight loss of Madelyn wasn't too bad. Evan went from 7lbs 4oz to 6lbs 6oz in 5 days! He then put on steadily, sometimes lots sometimes not much. So as long as she is gaining I'd say it is ok and just keep an eye on her, make sure she is producing wet/dirty nappies and is feeding regularly.

The gaviscon is a sachet as has been said. I got mine on prescription from the doctor so do not know either if you can buy it. I don't know how things work in the states.

Gemma, if Evan has wind during a feed (rarely) he will stop feeding and scream out. Also possibly something i have thought about the past day or 2 is that the teat might be too small and slow now and needs to move to size 2. He seems to struggle sucking and takes forever to take the bottle now. That might be worth a go?

Weezy, Evan was so sick this morning, but nothing all day. His poo is thicker too, like a paste. He has done a gigantic smelly poo now, just after I wrote he hadn't :haha:

Update on his mohican: It seems to be growing into a mullet now :rofl:

she is on size 3 as comfort milk is really thick n gets stuck in smaller teats :( dr dismissed she had reflux pl x

ahhhh evans mullet :) libby has old man hair its just round the sides

GG- I got infant gaviscon over the counter today. Going to try it then ask for a prescription if it helps.

I wouldn't know if it is called Gaviscon here in the US or not. I dont want to go in asking for something that doesn't exist haha. Bleh.

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1174.snc4/154671_1729384276868_1306290029_1923506_4565490_n.jpg

Thought I would share this, :D.

Gorgeous Silas. I still not figured how to put pictures on!!!!

gorgeous! wezzy she may have, i wind her after every ounce tho x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"