~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Aw, Madelyn is lying on my chest and playing with my neck and shirt. :) She is just staring up at me .. too cute.

DF, no one came to see me in hospital except my sister who came to sit with me the morning after Georgie was born while H was back home getting bits. I never had any cards, flowers or balloons either but that was how we wanted it, just me, hubby and Georgie.

I am still getting cards and gifts 4 weeks on, today's that arrived were from my brother!

Having a bit of a panicky day today and still worrying that Georgie is not getting enough milk. This evening I noticed that Georgie's soft spot is a bit indented and now I am panicking that he is dehydrated even though he is not showing any other signs. I know it sounds odd to ask but can anyone else feel a slight dip in their babies soft spot?

Oh yeah, if I run my hand over Madelyn's soft spot it dips a little. I think its when you can see it dipping with your eyes, not so much feel that it has a dip. Of course, I could be wrong. But still, Madelyn's is the same.

u know im worrying about the same thing today... when i looked closely I could see her pulse pulsating through it.. is that normal, she has had wet nappies today x

Yes its normal to see a pulse. Especially when they are upset. xx

i seem to have had a crap day in regards to myself - i cant stop crying at stupid things! im fed up of this snow too! 10" plus of snow just isnt fun

I can see a slight dip with my eyes and can't remember if thats a new thing or if its always been like that and I have not noticed. Hubby is out and I can't stop worrying about it.

im the same coco and It was like that when the hv first came out and she said it was fine, is he having wet/dirty nappies? I think its like 6 a day

it sounds like libbys to be honest x

:happydance: I managed to catch ryan smiling on camera... I was mucking about taking random pictures of him and the pooch and he grinned! SNAP! its a bit blurred but so happy I caught it! :D xx

Gemma, his nappies seem fine and he seems ok too, I guess I am really doubting my ability to feed him myself still. On nights like these I just want to give him a bottle of formula but at the same time I don't want to do damage to my already not brilliant supply just because I am feeling paranoid.

you could always express at the time you feed him formula? i still put pixie on the boob just to tie her over and it seems to settle her between feeds :flower:

if his nappies are fine i wouldnt worry, i know with all ur feedin issues its not easy but keep up ur good work

loula - how cute! lib is smiling too, just few an far between, 3 times today :) xx

Hi everyone! :wave: Sure has been a while since I have been on here. Bryelle is keeping us pretty busy. She has her nights and days confused!!! Does anyone know how to fix that besides just trying to keep her up during the day more?? BFing is going great. We Bottle and FF also when needed but I like to BF more when not out and about. Jace is a GREAT big Brother! No signs of jealousy at all! :cloud9: Daddy has his baby girl spoiled already just as I figured! :kiss: He is always holding her. I guess we all are really. :lol: I'll post pics soon!

No smiles here yet. But i can see them trying to happen :D ?It won't be long, I can't wait! Evan just babbles to himself now and makes the funniest little coos and grunts, he's getting a right little personality on him!! Also he was on my chest earlier and held himself up with his arms :)

Jo, I give Evan the odd formula at it has had no effect on my supply what so ever. I know I am lucky to have good supply but it seriously hasn't gone down at all, if you are worried how about topping him up with an ounce or 2 :flower:

I have been seriously catching up on sleep on these snow days it has been great, although Evan has had some fab nights :) Not sleeping for long periods only 2/3 hours but he is so settled now, the transformation is amazing :)

Gonna take Evan into the garden tomorrow to show him the snow and get some piccies (also of me as i look shit in all pics and feel less minging and bloated now) will also do some arty home shots or he will be too big soon to do cute newborn ones. He's already looking more baby like and less newborn like. My boy is growing up fast :haha:

So no-one noticed my cheeky title edit correcting my spelling mistakes :rofl:

Hi everyone! :wave: Sure has been a while since I have been on here. Bryelle is keeping us pretty busy. She has her nights and days confused!!! Does anyone know how to fix that besides just trying to keep her up during the day more?? BFing is going great. We Bottle and FF also when needed but I like to BF more when not out and about. Jace is a GREAT big Brother! No signs of jealousy at all! :cloud9: Daddy has his baby girl spoiled already just as I figured! :kiss: He is always holding her. I guess we all are really. :lol: I'll post pics soon!

Eva was feeding every 3hrs at night and 5-6 hrs during the day. My maternal and child health nurse said if I wake her and feed hey every 3 during the day she should then feed every 5-6 herself at night. I was a bit worried about doing it because I really didn't want to be waking Eva and forcing her to feed, so I did it for 1 day and that might she slept for 6 hours and the next day she woke herself every 3hrs and that night again she slept for 6! So I only had to do it for 1 day and its worked very well since. The nurse said it doesn't always work but luckily for us it did.

Love

Eva was feeding every 3hrs at night and 5-6 hrs during the day. My maternal and child health nurse said if I wake her and feed hey every 3 during the day she should then feed every 5-6 herself at night. I was a bit worried about doing it because I really didn't want to be waking Eva and forcing her to feed, so I did it for 1 day and that might she slept for 6 hours and the next day she woke herself every 3hrs and that night again she slept for 6! So I only had to do it for 1 day and its worked very well since. The nurse said it doesn't always work but luckily for us it did.

Love

Why isn't this the case with us! *jealous*

Why doesn't my baby sleep in her crib? She can be sound asleep but as soon as we move her into the crib she'll wake up! She loves to sleep in her carrycot, she'll even sleep on the cushion footstep thing in the living room but not her crib :wacko: does anyone else have this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->