~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

go boobies! mine are doing pretty good too :D she put on almost a pound in two weeks and havent had her weighed since. Was meant to yesterday morning but couldnt get anywhere coz of damn snow.
we havent had sex yet, not for lack of OHs persistence but because i am paranoid about getting pregnant again whilst we havent got any form of contraception sorted...hopefully it wont take too long. Does anyone know if you can take the pill whilst beastfeeding?

You can only take the mini pill... the combined pill will interfere with your milk supply I believe x x

yeah. there is something about the pill ( like microgynon 30) that makes them refer you to the mini pill. the fail rate for the mini pill is higher though :dohh:

im really not sure what to do... i got very depressed when i was on the pill thats why i came off it and then this little bundle happened :haha:

I dont think my vagina will ever be fit for sex again. :( but the pill it shall be.

Also the doc who was cheeky to me in labour about breastfeeding the hospital have teken it up! not me I wanted no kmore to do i was just telling a midwife what he said and they have tracked him down. They have had words with him. eeek!

Silas, Of course i will have sex again, but as me and FOB aren't together I don't see when I will. I am not bothered, the less you have it the less you want anyways. This is the longest I have gone since I was 16 :haha:

I am on the look out for a nice gentleman now (well not NOW) but soon :)

I suppose I could go without it if I didn't have a man that I wanted to be with around me. And after a while I have heard it gets easier to go without.

Personally, I (and my OH) and horndogs. :)haha:) And I don't make it much past 3 days without lol.

DF what did he say if you don't mind me asking?

I am getting Mirena, which is a IUT. The pill is how I got pregnant with Madelyn in the first place! :haha:

I don't wanna go on the pill as I forget it more often than not. Is anyone here using anything other than the pill that you would recommend? I was thinking of implant or injection but im not sure...needs to be something I can't forget about and I reckon im likely to forget to go up for the injection when it wears off hehe xx

oh god i was on the injection and i had a constant period for three months! :wacko: it was horrible.

see the side effects of the injection are much like the Pill and that's why i am steering clear of it - i do not want to go down the whole depressed bi-polar mood swings again. i was a mess! the Implant scares me :haha: it just freaks me out. Kind of tempted by the patch but again not sure what that would be like...

I suppose I could go without it if I didn't have a man that I wanted to be with around me. And after a while I have heard it gets easier to go without.

Personally, I (and my OH) and horndogs. :)haha:) And I don't make it much past 3 days without lol.

i was like this till the end of 2nd Tri then my sex drive died a death... its now coming back but i'm too scared to do anything about it :dohh: don't want a brother or sister for Pixie THAT soon! lol

DF what did he say if you don't mind me asking?

Out of the blue when I was getting my spinal and everyone was trying to calm me down through contractions he just asked or rather stated in a cheeky way "why are you still breastfeeding your son when it has no nutritional value after 10 months" before I got to answer a midwife was again distracting me. He was cocky and arrogant about it Darren told him to shut it before I got to answer him. I happened to say that to a midwife after and she was raging and went to track him down, I said I didnt want to complain as I didnt want hassle but they said he was well out of order sayin that especially in the state I was in! clearly knows nothing about breastfeeding to. Rest of hospital care has improved since last time, everyone was near breastfeeding :O and midwifes where telling girls to come to me as I would know more feeding so long :blush:They got a pld of that doc after dsicribing and narrowing it down to have a word. theedy wanted me to take further buti would rather send him a fact sheet on extended breastfeeding.

what a twat. i'm glad all the people in the theater with me when i was getting my section were nice - bar one that was awful rough handling my hand with the IV in it. she nearly ripped it out :'(

all the girls on my ward were breastfeeding :) i wish i was able to carry on breastfeeding exclusively but heyho, she still gets some of my milk every now and then i guess... *sigh*

second time around and its even painful for me and hard to keep up. My nipples are on fire already and I thought I wouldnt get that again.

Hey y'all :D

I'm happy to announce that I am completely on the mend, not far from my normal old self (and I use the term normal losely ;)) just still very tired but apparently thats usual after a blood transfusion.

Very gutted to learn that I will no longer be able to give blood (I dont think) but OH is insistant he now will.

Leo is coming along well and we have managed to re-establish BFing which I am so chuffed about but still feel some guilty pangs for not feeding the girls.

He's 2 weeks today and was bang on his birth weight yesterday. He was awake for HOURS earlier for the first time which was great - we just cooed at each other - lol.

As for contraception, I will be going back onto the mirena which I have used before and found amazing but I cant have it till my 6 week check at least I dont think - I would imagine we will abstain until then. Having another baby would be amazing but the scare of the PPH was just too much for us to have or even risk have anymore :(

Hugs to all - hope all are well
Jo
xx

I took some new photos of Erin today, thought I'd share them with you all.
I'm such a proud mummy :cloud9:

https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/Erin/029.jpg

https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/036.jpg

The Gaviscon really seems to be helping, as well as the Infacol and although I was worried she was getting a bit constipated, she has had a proper dirty nappy this afternoon, exploding poo and all! :haha:

awww she's lovely.

is it right that its normal for babies to poo once every few days?

I was worried ryan was constipated again as after his feeds he gets quite fussy and cries for no real reason that I can figure out, he settles down after about an hour or so of whinging...but anyhoo he last had a poo just over 2 days ago and then just did one today...its soft and the normal yellowy/green colour that is associated with comfort milk... i dunno he seems alright i guess i just always thought babies pooped round the clock lol!

all the november babies are a bunch of cuties!

forgodsake - that wee hat in your avatar is so cute! i'd love a wee pink or purple one for Pixie

loulabump - Yes, its normal to go 2-3 days without a poo I think. My son only poo'ed every other day when he was a newborn up until he started eating solids. Whereas my Madelyn is a poo'ing machine lol. 2-3 times a day on most days and she is formula fed. :wacko:

Ugh, today hasn't been much of a good day. Its just been a constant, clingy day. If Joseph is being good/nappy then Madelyn is screaming and upset. If Madelyn is content/napping then Joseph is screaming and upset. :wacko: I pretty much do this "parenting thing" by myself 24/7. I would almost consider myself a single parent aside from the fact that my OH provides for us. But seriously I am starting to feel overwhelmed and upset. I feel terrible for evening wanting such a thing, but I almost just want to send the kids somewhere to stay for the night :wacko:. If will NEVER happen but I hate that I actually want it to.

Like it literally just took me 15+ minutes to type out this post ... Idk. Just my moan for the day I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->