~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

I hope everything works out for you Silas. Must admit I have done that previous to Leo and come back before got to end of street casue couldnt leave the kids.

silas dont worry libby fell off the bed xxx
am - sorry ur having no sleep :( as u know i only am with her in bed nd even thren its not good sleep but at least its some xx

How is it my nearly 5 year old child can lay on the sofa and fall asleep (inset day from school)...Yet my 5 week old baby just doesn't seem to want to sleep through the day?!!

I decided to try and clean the bathroom, so Reagan was amusing Amber whilst she was in her bouncer, that lasted all of 5 minutes before she yelled, so I put her in the bathroom doorway so I was in sight, another 2 minutes of peace, she only seems bloody happy when she is being held by someone, I can't do that all day when I am on my own with her or nothing will get done :cry:

On the positive side, she keeps only waking in the night for one feed around the 3-3.30am time :thumbup:

Oooohhh, ooohhh, I have just peeked in her basket and she is asleep for now!!! :happydance: Dare I move?!! :haha:

lucky u, a moment to yourself lol i wish i had just kept breastfeedin as iv constantly got her glued to me anyway. Right now we are lying on the bed together me typing and i have ate a handful of pringles all day..

she seems in pain all the time the hv said to try lactose free milk not convinced tho im gonna get a few cartons of cow and gate first and try her with a different milk before moving to lactose free..

im miserable she is too, what am i doing wrong? she is just so clingy, i cant get dressed, washed or shower she sleeps with me, i eat with her the house is upside down and we have no clean clothes.. im hoping 6 weeks things will start to improve x

not clingy thats hoe new born are to their mum. let them grow out of it naturally. 'they does not happen over night but in the long run giving baby loads now the will develop their own independence. tried and tested by me and loads lol i am still sat in pjs needing a shower with Alex to my boob so know the feeling.

GG...apparently the first 6 months is when baby is i building up trust, that is why they say they don't get into 'bad habits' before that age, if they cry it is for a reason, many times just that they want some comfort and to know you are there.

It is hard work, many times this weekend just gone I have said to my hubby 'just watch my velcro baby for 5 minutes so I can at least pee!!' :haha:

Have you tried putting Libby in a sling? Maybe that way it 'free's' you up a bit to do stuff around the house, yet she is still close to you.

In what way does she seem in pain hun?

she doesnt like the sling very much lol...

she is just so unhappy all the time nd cant settle, just pulls her legs up, cries randomly, throws her head bk, her face goes red, infacol doednt work or gripe water she breaks wind loads after screamin think she may have reflux but hv wants me to try lactose free milk x

Can you buy infant gaviscon over the counter? Or does it have to be prescribed? I have never used it, when Reagan had reflux from being a preemie, she was on Ranitidine for it.

With Amber, we have stuck to Infacol, as long as we use it at every single feed, it seems to work.

My hubby mentioned Colief to me the other day, I have read some good stuff about it, but believe it just over 10 quid a bottle!!! :wacko:

I bought infant gaviscon over the counter in Boots again today, it has really helped and Erin is much more settled.

well today is my first day home alone with Jaxon, and it will be a busy one. we need to do the shopping and go to my check up with the MW. I hope he'll sleep long enough so I can shower and get cleaned up!

I should go stop by my cousins house and pick up a TON of coupons for formula and diapers she's printed out for me, then I can also run by the bank and check to see what my deposit for short term disabaility is (its how Im getting paid while on leave!).

GG--my nephew Blake had problems with just about every kind of formula on the market. My SIL and brother ended up having to buy him prescription only formula, that is uber expensive. They tried every over the counter formula's they have here in the US, before getting a prescription.

we get prescriptions free in uk for children so that would save me money lol

gave her a bath nd she settled

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g100/Gemma85/148285_10150105215110196_593890195_7932850_3875370_n.jpg

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g100/Gemma85/148285_10150105215070196_593890195_7932848_2550164_n.jpg

libbys first cloth

GG- I bought it over the counter at the HV suggestion so that if it worked i could go back to the GP and tell them it worked and I wanted a prescription! It's about £4 for a box of 30 sachets so it lasted about a week.

Oh GG I do hope libby improves soon :hugs: does sound like colic to me with all the redness of face and windies etc... Hope she's better soon.

Got little Peanut weighed today and she's now 8lb 10oz. That means she's put a 1lb on in 2 weeks :)

Sorry in advance for the me me ME post ...

I feel so awful, Georgie has been weighed again today and he has put on less than an oz and he has now slipped off the bottom of the weight chart. He will be 5 weeks old on Thursday and he weighs just 6lb 7oz, he was 6lb 3oz when he was born. He still looks like a little newborn and its all my fault as even though we feed all day and night, I am clearly not sustaining him with my breast milk alone.

I am really lucky that I have a brilliant HV and I am seeing a good lactation consultant, and they are doing all they can to support me, but at the end of the day Georgie's health comes first so until we can figure out why I have a rubbish supply, I am going to have to top up with formula 3-4 times a day. We think he was starting to dehydrate last week as since we started giving him small top ups, his soft spot has gone back to normal (I posted on Thursday eve that it looked quite sunken) and he looks a little healthier.

I am seeing my doctor on Thursday to get him to run some blood tests to check my iron levels (was really low after I had Georgie) and to possibly be prescribed medication (Fenugreek has done naff all other than make me smell like pepper :haha:). I have hired a hospital grade double breast pump but still can't get a drop out and the HV had a look at one of his dirty nappies and she said it was just not enough and lacking any substance, I thought it was a big one! So its not looking good.

I can't believe my stoopid boobs are letting my baby down, I am doing everything I can, but it is looking like that is just not enough :(

So, I have not got a clue how to FF, but I am obviously really keen to do all I can to avoid colic and the like. I have seen a few people mentioning Infacol, is it worth getting some? Do I need to wait and see if George has any problems before using it or can he have a drop each time I have to give him a bottle as a preventative measure? I am still really hoping that I can build my supply up so we don't have to FF for too long, but for now I want to try and make it as easy as I can for him.

Thanks for listening to my whinge :flower:

Pixelle, I can only echo what the girls have said, we are all here for you honey. Keep talking, to us, your HV or even your doctor. Don't suffer in silence sweetie :hugs:

Dani, we do the one time only 3-3.30am feed too, night times are a dream for us, as long as we co-sleep, which I am happy to do in the early days.

Gemma, Libby sounds just like George in that some days I cannot do a thing! I hope Libby soon starts to feel better, it must be hard for you when she seems so upset :hug:

Pichi, excellent weight gain, little piggy!

And finally, I love all the recent piccies of our little sparklers, such a bunch of cuties!

xxx

Gemma, Evans painful farts wake him up :( doctor said they will go away in time.

Jo, sorry georgie hasn't gained much weight. If it makes u feel better I am giving Evan top ups too. He never seems full and generally settles better after a bottle. He still sleeps crap at night though :dohh:

well my dad got evan a playmat after I told him to get him a swing. So annoyed. Now I have to get a swing and can't really afford it :(

gemma try some gavisvon xx

cocobelle: she doesn't even eat that much! lol

Fenugreek made my wee smell like curry :haha:

We have moved mostly to formula now, Amber seems more settled, I still put her on booby a couple of times a day though. When she takes a bottle she is taking 5ozs!! And then will still want more 2 hours later, maybe I need to increase it, or go up to size 2 teats??

Big hugs Jo, I take my hat off to you for trying and continuing like you have :flower: don't give yourself a hard time if you do need to switch over to FF.

Amber has got cradle cap in her eyebrows!! :haha: I am guessing it is okay to rub olive oil into it??

Gemma...Libby looks way too cute in cloth :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->