~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

OT, but I just found out my 13 year old nephew is having some major problems, since visiting his bio-mom over the summer. He's been cutting class, is failing all his classes, and has been cought trashing the school. My brother and his wife are discussing with my parents, him moving in with my parents. I honestly think its for the best, as he's got a younger brother and sister, and he's treated differnetly then them by his step-mom (since he's the only non-bio child to her). he's been asking to move in with my parents for a few years, and it might be coming to that. He wont be getting away with that crap when living with grandma and grandpa.

I hope my nephew starts to do better here soon. He had always been a good/happy kid before visiting his bio-mom over the summer. he hasnt been the same since he called up my bro, begging for him to come pick him up. Something happened to him, and he's not dealing with it very well. He's talked to a councelor and that ended with him screaming and yelling. I'm worried about my nephew, this isnt like him.

(and for a quick back story, my nephew, was born when I was 15. From the day he was brought home from the hospital he was with me all the time, until he turned 2, and moved in with my brother. His first words were "mom" and directed to me, his aunty. we have a special bond I dont share with any of my other neices and nephews.)

Hi ladies :) took evan Xmas shopping today OMG nightmare!! He was good as gold, I just have no patience! Could I get a 0-3 month elf/Santa costume anywhere??? NOPE!! But I got him some cool toys he can start using in the next few months and he got a nice puffa jacket as he has no coat.

I bought a nice top to wear out tonight with my jeans. Would my jeans do up over my section overhang??? NOPE. So maternity trousers it is then :cry: situps tomorrow!!

Great news libby went in her basket :wohoo:

love to all xx

soph she is in it now upstairs too!! I have the moniter on.. we gave her a bath and bottle and she has gone off after being twisty all afternoon.

I have an elf costume if you want me to send it you as I only bought it for photo's and Iv took them she has a special dress to wear at xmas x

Ooh well I guess if u don't need it anymore! I just want it for pics too! What size is it? Evan is a long boy!!

cant believe emily is 4 weeks old exactly today, my chunky monkey is now 12lb 4oz xXx

:haha: Blimin heck Nina...what you feeding her? Steak and chips?? :haha:

:haha::haha::haha: shes taking bottle and breast so shes just getting a fatty lol, she loves her milk, shes getting to the point where she gives me a dead arm when shes feeding lol, anyone would think im putting her in miracle grow the amount shes growing xXx

0-3 months sophie.. Il send it out first class for nothing for you but if you want it special delv so u get it asap u can just paypal me it as I think its about a fiver but u can have the suit for nothing x

OT, but I just found out my 13 year old nephew is having some major problems, since visiting his bio-mom over the summer. He's been cutting class, is failing all his classes, and has been cought trashing the school. My brother and his wife are discussing with my parents, him moving in with my parents. I honestly think its for the best, as he's got a younger brother and sister, and he's treated differnetly then them by his step-mom (since he's the only non-bio child to her). he's been asking to move in with my parents for a few years, and it might be coming to that. He wont be getting away with that crap when living with grandma and grandpa.

I hope my nephew starts to do better here soon. He had always been a good/happy kid before visiting his bio-mom over the summer. he hasnt been the same since he called up my bro, begging for him to come pick him up. Something happened to him, and he's not dealing with it very well. He's talked to a councelor and that ended with him screaming and yelling. I'm worried about my nephew, this isnt like him.

(and for a quick back story, my nephew, was born when I was 15. From the day he was brought home from the hospital he was with me all the time, until he turned 2, and moved in with my brother. His first words were "mom" and directed to me, his aunty. we have a special bond I dont share with any of my other neices and nephews.)

sorry to read that, hopefully things will improve when he moves :hugs: x

Gemma u are so lovely :) I'm in no rush so first class is cool :) I'm just of out. Leaving evan with nanny and grandad Adam :) so I'll sort my details when I get in later xx

one question - I want to drink more wine then I want to give my baby so how long after drinking do I need to express for, anyone know??

no probs :)

Im not sure I googled this:

A breastfeeding mother should also avoid breastfeeding 2-3 hours after drinking alcohol. Less than 2% of alcohol consumed reaches her breast milk.

There are some myths about drinking and breastfeeding. The first being, that you can get rid of the alcohol in your breast milk by first expressing and then feeding baby later. There is no need to pump & dump milk after drinking alcohol, other than for mom's comfort -- pumping & dumping does not speed the elimination of alcohol from the milk. Another myth sometimes espoused is that drinking will increase your milk supply. This is not true; in fact, it has been shown to reduce the amount of milk produced.

If you do drink alcohol whilst breastfeeding your baby you should bear in mind the amount you drink and the age of the infant. A newborn has a very immature liver, so minute amounts of alcohol would be more of a burden. Up until around 3 months of age, infants detoxify alcohol at around half the rate of an adult. An older baby or toddler can metabolize the alcohol more quickly.

3 glasses of wine so far :haha:

rung mum evan has winged then whole time :(

he is sleeping in mums room tonight :wohoo:

Soph....I am jealoussssssssssss....I so badly want a night out :nope:

Morning!
Went out for my works Christmas meal last night which was lovely but OH was in a foul mood when I got home at midnight because Erin had cried all evening :nope: She has been waking up just the once in the night but last night she woke every three hours again and seems so hungry!
We're off out to look for a Christmas tree today, so excited!

<<<<<<---------------------- right i wanna move so im moving down by you and dragging you for a night out lol leave reagan and amber with Alan(do you think he'd cope :haha:)

xXx

I went out for a girls lunch the other day and had a few wines was nice to get a break! Left DH at home with Elleah and a few bottles of expressed breast milk!! Loved it! :)

Im so jelous of you both, I dont live near any family or friends so even though im not bf I cant have any time off, the most time I get is when dh comes in from work and takes her off me :( he took her this morning so I could have a lie in though..

My little star slept upstairs in her basket till 1 and woke for a feed at 11 but fussed till 1 and I realised she was too hot so took her sleepsuit off and she went straight off so I put her in her basket again and she slept till 6! and has been up with daddy since but has been asleep on him so would probs have gone bk off in her basket... so if I had of realised quick enough why she was fussing she would have slept all night :)

<<<<<<---------------------- right i wanna move so im moving down by you and dragging you for a night out lol leave reagan and amber with Alan(do you think he'd cope :haha:)

xXx

Uhhh nopes, he is like a zombie this morning after getting up early with both of them (first time in Amber's 6 weeks I hasten to add) Bloody men :haha:

yup my bleeding has just stopped too... but i have a UTI grr

i've not been out on my own besides a 5min trip to tesco which i don't think counts :haha: it feels strange not having her around! some nights i think that i'd gladly give her to my parents for the night but i know that all i'd do is worry and miss her :blush:

Well you won't be jealous of my hangover!!

In other news I text evans dad to see how he is....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->