~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Im still bleeding, but just a little bit here and there. I'm actually really suprised I have had it pretty easy in recovering from birth, especially since I had to have an episiotimy (SP?). Not complaining though, as I'm glad I've healed up well.

So, I must say I am one lucky girl. My OH had to work late last night (he was at work till 10), he came home, we chatted for about a half hour, and then I went to bed. He let me sleep till 630 before waking me up to take care of Jaxon. Normally he only helps out till 2am, and I do the early morning shift. I feel so well rested, and Im totally in a good mood.

Lol yeah I was pretty drunk, seemed a good idea at the time :haha:

anyway, a positive is that ye he did reply infact we had a little convo going and also that he hadn't deleted my number as he knew it was me. But he's a weirdo lol asking me how I am and what had I been up to WTF so I sad I'd been busy lookin after evan. I should have said nit much except giving birth to your child :haha:

I asked him if he wanted to see evan before I move back home and he said he isn't ready to do that just now. Spineless idiot.

But it was very amicable surprisingly as I was expecting him totell me to fuck off or something!

I dunno if he'll want to see evan I'd like him to even if it is just the once.

But it's done and I have a clear conscience fo when evan is older and asks about his dad :)

Soph - :haha: I used to send tons of drunken texts (and phone calls) when I was in high school. Mostly to my friend Lynn - she died in a car accident my senior year so the memory is a bit bittersweet. But its kind of crazy looking at your phone the day after - and sometimes it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Kind of crazy that he "isn't ready" to see him. :dohh:

I got some time away from the kids last night, but it definitely wasn't for anything fun! I went to Kansas City to get my OH's cousin in which he changed his mind last minute so went up for no reason. My OH got to have fun though, as usual. :wacko: Honestly I am not keen on spending hours away from my kids for absolutely no reason at all. And as much as I say I want a break the minute they are gone I don't know what to do with myself and I miss them way too much. This is my demise as at some point I know I need a break eventually.

The traffic was horrible in city yesterday - and we got to see a drug bust on the side of the highway! (well, when I see 5 police cars and 1 car that is what comes to mind lol)

No one has been on here since me! Must means y'all have more of a life than me! Please excuse any typos ahead of time as I am a bit drunk and I want to stop caring about it lol.

oh and i are drinnking together tonight and its been so long for me and i have only had 1 glass of apple pucker and am feeling pretty good but you see that i still dont have much of a life as i am on bnb lol. that is because oh is watching this stupid movie about garlics and goddesses and all that jazz. i must go now, my drink awaits me.

can I ask what you girls done to help sore pumps? Pixie is realy crying from trapped wind and I'm not sure how to help her :(

can I ask what you girls done to help sore pumps? Pixie is realy crying from trapped wind and I'm not sure how to help her :(

Moving their legs around helps. When Stanley was really small I used to put the soles of his feet together and gently push his legs up towards his nappy. You can lay them on their back and bend each leg in towards their tummy, one at a time. Or bend their knees into their tummy and hold both their ankles together then circle them slowly in one direction then change.

Putting them on their tummy stops it hurting so much, doesn't necessarily get the wind out though. Gentle pressure on the tummy e.g. your hand or something wrapped around their middle (not too tight) can give them relief. Or holding him upright against me seems to stop him crying, although again doesn't solve hte actual problem. Sometimes it just comes out when it's ready!

Can you tell we've had this problem??

Good luck x

same for us pichi, they are a nightmare!

well after sayin libby had had a fab night she had a terrible one last night and was a demin child and back in my bed x

:wave: Hiya everyone...

Jo, how are you getting on with the Domperidone and feeding? I remember the doctor prescribing those tablets to some of the mum's in NICU when their supply eased off because of only being able to express rather than direct feed their preemie.

Silas, did you start your relactation? How is it going?

Soph, I hope he does see Evan, even if like you say it is just the once...although I have a feeling if he see's him he may just fall in love with him and want more involvement, maybe that is what scares him?

AFM: Amber teased me, I had 2 night's unbroken sleep, then last night she woke at 4am for a couple of oz's feeding...6 week growth spurt maybe? :shrug: We have been getting lots of smiles from her, and her legs kick in excitement when you walk into the room or talk to her :cloud9:

Thankies Hun. I've been giving her belly rubs resulting in some pumps. She's only having one explosive nappy a day too. On the plus side she's not being sick as much she still cries a lot. Wish I knew what was up.:(

Gg: Libby seems slightly similar to pixie. She's a gorg child when she's fed n winded and is content for like an hour, then the crying starts and I just feel so bad. Think its getting to my OH too

I have same problem pichi...do bicycle motions with her legs and clockwise circles on her tummy around her belly button and rub her tummy starting at her chest all the way down to nappy strong strokes with enough force so you can feel the dip after her ribs...

I am way too excited about my first night out but i'm waiting til six weeks to introduce a bottle so we'll have to see how that goes first.

I've had my cousin staying with us for a week which has been nice and meant we've been out and about doing lots of things and I am getting so much better at feeding in public :D

Everyones weight gains are v impressive! I cant wait to see how much raphi has put on, she was such a good gainer in the first two weeks i'll be v. surprised if she isnt 8lb by now..xx

That makes pixie sound like a heffer haha she was 8lb 10 last week... She was 7lb 15 when born though I guess hehe.

Nice to hear that you are managing to feed in public :) id prolly not manage.:S

Infacol is working wonders for us xx

thanks. :thumbup: we've got infacol and she hates it. she screws up her face like she's eaten something wrank lol we were going to get some Gripe water to see how she is with that. if that does nothing then we'll go back to infacol and see how she goes. poor baby you can hear it's painful :cry:

Infacol is working wonders for us xx

thanks. :thumbup: we've got infacol and she hates it. she screws up her face like she's eaten something wrank lol we were going to get some Gripe water to see how she is with that. if that does nothing then we'll go back to infacol and see how she goes. poor baby you can hear it's painful :cry:

I had gripe water in but it's for 1 month+ which is why we bought the infacol xx

Can you add it to her bottle xx

i don't think you're meant to are you? if we could then we'd do that because her face was so funny! (not that i should laugh but it was) she scrunched it up like we'd fed her something foul like... Brussel sprouts :haha:

Foul? Brussesl Sprouts? Those are so nummy! (I'm a veggie eater though, just about every veggie I love).

Hope Pixie does well with the gripe water.

haha you should come to my house for xmas dinner then - tonnes of the things taking over the dinner table :haha:

fingers crossed little one won't be so sore after some gripe water. i really can't believe that's her a month almost already :o

Erin hated the infacol at first, she pulled the same face! Now though she seems to have worked out that she gets her feed afterwards and she takes it a lot better. Gripe water on the other hand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->