~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Ohhhhh help me!!!!!

First night at our flat alone. Evan cried constantly and is now asleep on my chest. If I put him down he cries. Had warmed up now hearings on so he's not cold, he's eaten all night, he has clean bum and I've tried winding him for ages bit nothings come up.

Grrr so switching to formula when i'm back for good. Only managed to eat cos my friend visited :(

sorry for me me me, but 6 weeks in evan should be settling better right??

XXXXXXX

Could it just be his 6 week growth spurt? Its the worst one apparently and my LO has been unsettled the past few days and i think this is why.

They will try and feed more to build up your supply, so later down the track when they do feed they will get the milk they need faster and easier.

The signs of a growth spurt are fussiness and erratic sleeping and eating, usually lasts a few days but can be a week or two.

Everyone tells me BF gets easier and they are so glad they stuck it out in the long run, and that the first few months are the hardest x

soph, maybe try a moby wrap...it frees your hands up while keeping your lo close :)

Soph - 6 week growth spurt perhaps? ur not doing anything wrong your doing fab u have kept it up so well xx

Little monster had me up at 1am wide eyed and didnt settle till 4 and woke for a feed at 6 :~( hasnt really settled since so i havnt slept much and now she is asleep on me. We were going to go to a toddler group but we will never make it now and I dont think im up for it anymore as im so tired Anyone any advice? should I keep her awake, it just seems to make her ratty and worse to get to bed. She went in her basket around 8 so she had 8-1 maybe I should put her to bed later so she sleeps longer or I should go to bed at 8

Now he's woken up, cried and on boob again.

What am I doing wrong :cry:

Probably just the new environment, he will settle in when you're there permanently. We had to stay at my mum's for a night last week, Stanley didn't sleep at all and took us 4 or 5 days to get back on track. But he is much better now. Evan will be fine x

On the infacol subject, I started Stanley on it yesterday and he is so much more settled. Not screaming with wind pains any more and doing lovely burps! He screwed up face first few times too and tried dribbling it out the side!

Hey everybody!
I am here FINALLY! lol after being 3 days overdue my baby girl Megan was born on 03.12.2010 at 7.44pm weighing 10lb 4oz. It was a very traumatic birth though, Megans shoulders got stuck, she was born floppy and in mconium. It took the midwifes 15 minutes to resusitate her. Her levels of infection from the mconium was VERY high and so we had to stay in hospital for 5 days (and then we left early) as Megan had to have antibiotics :(
We are now finally home though and although tired we are doing ok. :)

Hi Kayley, congratulations, lovely pics :thumbup: Welcome to the world Megan :happydance:

Glad to hear you are home and recovering after your long hospital stay. Enjoy getting to know your lovely girl x

wow what a night last night! Raphi was feeding constantly, she would latch on for 2mins then pull off, my nipples are very sore this morning :(
i think i might have to stop cosleeping...i'm sleeping so deeply atm i dont remember waking at all last night to feed her. i must have done because she didnt cry all night but i dont remember. its quite nice for me because i feel like i've had a nice sleep but its also quite scary!

wow what a night last night! Raphi was feeding constantly, she would latch on for 2mins then pull off, my nipples are very sore this morning :(
i think i might have to stop cosleeping...i'm sleeping so deeply atm i dont remember waking at all last night to feed her. i must have done because she didnt cry all night but i dont remember. its quite nice for me because i feel like i've had a nice sleep but its also quite scary!

I know what you mean! I try to put Stanley down in his moses basket, but inevitably at some point during the night he ends up in with me, so I can get some rest. I then wake up hours later with vague recollections of him latching on. He seems quite happy though. I think you'd hear it if they weren't! It's probably the way nature intended so mum gets rest while bubba gets fed :)

oh my - pixie just got weighed and she's 9lb 4oz the little gannet :haha:

waiting on the infacol kicking in...

AM hope it's just a 6 week growth spirt for you 2. i'm sure he'll get better again real soon :) i have her what feels like all the time on me and was thinking of getting a sling thing to hold her in... is Evan usually quite coothy?

AM hope it's just a 6 week growth spirt for you 2. i'm sure he'll get better again real soon :) i have her what feels like all the time on me and was thinking of getting a sling thing to hold her in... is Evan usually quite coothy?

That's a pound lighter than what Megan was at birth! lol

That's a pound lighter than what Megan was at birth! lol

woah, that's quite mad when you put it that way!

Congrats Kayley (I havent been on since yesterday afternoon, so I promise you I didnt ignore you, just saw your post now!).

I've been on my meds for about 5 days, and i'm also not seeing to much of a change. I feel a bit fuller, but Jaxon still wont feed from me, and Im still getting next to nothing when pumping. My Lactation nurse said I should feel engorged again,, but i havent yet. Makes me think that I'm "DEFECTIVE" as my OH keeps telling me (all in good fun, mind you).

congrats kayley, thats a big baby!

glad your home and all is well.

Hi Kayley! Megan is just gorgeous, love your avatar pic. x
Erin decided she didn't want to settle between Midnight and 4am :wacko: She went until 8am until her next feed then came into bed with me-my mum came round and found us still asleep at midday, oops! :haha:
Managed to finish the last of my Christmas shopping this afternoon so just wrapping and card writing to do now.
Hope all the babies start to become more settled soon, although I'm worried about hitting the 6 week growth spurt now :dohh:

Congrats Kayley (I havent been on since yesterday afternoon, so I promise you I didnt ignore you, just saw your post now!).

I've been on my meds for about 5 days, and i'm also not seeing to much of a change. I feel a bit fuller, but Jaxon still wont feed from me, and Im still getting next to nothing when pumping. My Lactation nurse said I should feel engorged again,, but i havent yet. Makes me think that I'm "DEFECTIVE" as my OH keeps telling me (all in good fun, mind you).

Today is day 4 for me and I am not sure if there is much change either. I also feel a little fuller and they sort of tingle (although I am not sure if that is just my nipple due to being munched on all evening yesterday) but no other signs that my supply is increasing. He still feeds on me for ages and then greedily gobbles his top ups.

What dose are you on? I am on 10mg (1 tablet) 3 times a day but I have been told this can be increased if needs be.

Georgie is being weighed tomorrow, fingers crossed he has gained more than an oz this time!

Kayley, I know I posted on the other thread but congratulations, that must have been so scary for you, she is gorgeous!

Sophie, if you and Even get a better nights sleep tucked up in bed together, then so be it! Having a good nights sleep really does set you up for the day ahead, and if you are BF you don't even have to fully wake for feeds,it is perfectly natural and no doubt how our ancestors parented, so release your inner cave woman and snuggle up together!

Pichi, yay for your little piggy wiggy :)

Not looking forward to the 6w growth spurt either :S I'm just waiting on this little miss dropping a feed during the night. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->