~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Not all babies are the same some need a bit more than others. William needed more attention than Alex did even thought they are both content william cried more and kept us on our toes. Alex isnt any bother, dosnt cry as I know when he wants fed without hearing him cry, sleeps lke a log. Its william that keeps us still on our toes.

found out i think what was upsetting my tum was options hot choc, stopped drinking them and havnt had a bad tum today now. I lost weight though. Prob put it on again as i had a take away and a load of crap food there.

3 weeks now Alex is and none of darrens fam have bothered to even get him a card. Nothing not even a visit. They come and get darren , pay attention to william outside and go again. Feel like he is left out all together. I think one of his brothers is waiting till xmas, I hope poeple dont do that every year as he gets older palm off his birthday get him nothing and then wrap it all up for xmas! bit rude.

Pichi it's nothing to do with you not being a good mum, you know you are a great mum! Sometimes babies just cry I guess :( I'm another who has had a terrible time the past few weeks. Today is a blatent fluke! I've still had to put him in bed with me for a feed and hope he settles. He did well for half an hour!!

Is she still hungry? Maybe not tired or over tired? I'm crap at knowing why evan cries sometimes and feel like a shit mum cos I don't know what he wants :(

Df that is really sad :( my dad took 3 weeks to get me a card for evan. To this day all he has bought him is a vest with s novelty slogan on it. When my neice was born it was helium balloons and down to toys r us to get her a play gym. Evan got faf all. My dad is disappointed I have had a baby in my circumstances but jeez get over it I'm nearly 30 :haha: plus his gf is a selfish manipulative bitch hey ho :(

AM: tried feeding her more and she took it-only to throw it all back up over my bed :dohh: I've has to resort to putting her on my chest to sleep

Story of my life pichi :( last night evan wouldn't settle without booby Si I had him in bed with me but he just kept puking too, about 4 times! Rook me ages to get a dummy in his mouth and he slept on me too and is now!

Want him in his crib!!

Who else is jealous Of these sleeping thru the night babies :(

Definitely jealous :haha: I just want to know whats up with her U_U

I know :( it's just awful the only communication is by crying :(

I've just put evan down on his side, dunno if that's ok but he hates being on his back most of the time x

Pixie usually only sleeps on her right side. She's most comfy on her belly though

Hmm next problem, the bloody dummy!! Totally fine when's it's in gob but it keeps falling out and he doesn't seem to be falling into deep enough sleep not to notice.

All this just to get him to sleep in his own bed. I'm bloody knackered and he's in my bed anyway!! I will persist even if I get no sleep!!

Pichi- are there safe ways for side/tummy sleeping?? Are we meant to do anything in particular to keep them safe? Xx

hey ladies, question for you all...Maddy seems too not be gaining enough weight. All of your lo's have gained like 2 lbs, my lo has only gained 1 lb 9 oz in 8 weeks....is this bad?? :( I feel like im doing a horrible job

Morning ladies and babies :flower:

Soph and pixie, I think if they side sleep you can roll up a blanket and prop them into position to stop them rolling over?...if Evan isn't sleeping in his own bed, and keeps dropping the dummy have you thought about weaning him off of it now rather than later down the line Soph?...or does it make a big difference comfort wise to him?

BHB, all babies gain weight differently, if your doctors or health visitors aren't concerned then I wouldn't worry too much :thumbup:

Bhb, echo dani, she's gained weight and a decent amount so that's the main thing!! As long as u are seeing your pediatrician regularly and having her weighed she is fine. They would say if they were concerned with her gain.

Dani, evan needs the comfort. I gave him the dummy to get him off my boob although he still uses both. He isn't good at settling at night which I've got to perservere with so he learns. I'm just too soft and put him in with me eventually so u can grab a few hours :haha:

:haha: We are all guilty of it, I tend to put Amber in bed with me if she wakes too early for my liking in the morning, stick a booby in her mouth and I can eeek out getting up for another hour!!

I don't know how you can stop a dummy falling out, I am clueless when it comes to them...I advised Gemma way back to sellotape it or superglue it in :haha:

i had a horrenous night one of the worst yet she screamed till 3am... I have come to the conclusion its colic and have just gave her aptimil 1 colief and infacol till i speak to hv see if she advises changing brands altogether.

sophie libbys dummy falls out its a pain in the arse, have u gave evan a cherry teat? libby holds those better than the other shape ones. and come 6am libby always com,es in bed with me, sometimes even the whole night, I dont worry about it I love waking up with her little eyes pearing up at me x

will reply to others later, need to tidy up as dad is coming to visit x

Evan is in his crib dozing going well as he's hard to settle in his own bed normally :) just cries when dummy falls out. Once so far! God I hope he has a decent night :)

gemma come visit me lib can play in the swing lol!! Have u got a swing?? Well worth the money imo, and another place to park baby when u need to do something lol xx

we have a swing, she hates it... misery lol

Gemma, our situation just seems to be the same. I said that I had a content baby. Nope!
She has been fed, winded, changed, cuddled and still she has cried constantly practically for around 2hours. I've just had a crying episode and I'm at a loss as to what I do now. I'm really questioning whether I'm a good mum or not :(

:( i cried my eyes out, handed her to ooh and went to lie on the bed and stare at the ceiling crying...

Story of my life pichi :( last night evan wouldn't settle without booby Si I had him in bed with me but he just kept puking too, about 4 times! Rook me ages to get a dummy in his mouth and he slept on me too and is now!

Want him in his crib!!

Who else is jealous Of these sleeping thru the night babies :(

totally and replied on the tummy thing, app something just clicks and they take it ok, libby needs a dummy as she has a strong sucking reflex

hey ladies, question for you all...Maddy seems too not be gaining enough weight. All of your lo's have gained like 2 lbs, my lo has only gained 1 lb 9 oz in 8 weeks....is this bad?? :( I feel like im doing a horrible job

:( are u bf'ing? I read that lactose intolerance can hinder weight gain.. sorry im obsessed with it atm lol how are her poos and is she settled? glad ur seeing someone and if they arnt worry try not to worry x

Gemma pain in the arse about the swing! Evan screamed when I first put him in it but he soon forgot about crying and stared at the mobile and water feature for ages!!

What is a Cherry teat? I just bought him those MAM dummies which are better than the ones he had before.

I dunno what to suggest about Libby, seems we have covered everything, I really hope she settles soon :) Evan has stopped the crying but is still awake half the night. These people saying a baby can only stay awake for an hour or so... What bollocks :rofl:

Pichi i'm in a similar boat. I mean, how are you supposed to know if you're being a good mummy if your baby cries constantly and always seeems unhappy :(

I am so jealous of babes sleeping through. I woke up this morning to a text froma friend whose daughter is one day older than raphi. She was complaining her boobs hert because her daughter had just slept from 7.45pm til 7am! I just text back rather snidely saying I thought you weren't supposed to let breastfed babies go that long without feeding whilst they're still so young? :angelnot:
Of course if raphi ever sleeps through there's no way i'm waking her for a feed!

Jeez Gemma our babies are practically linked! I curled up in bed and cried while oh looked after her. She finally settled at around 3.30 for it to kick up again. fortunatly she does like her swing and falls asleep eventually in that. Same with her vibrating bouncer. I'm just running out of energy

Sorry to hear that your wee one is being girny too mamma2be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->