~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

I hate seeing that test done, Alex was screaming away and she had to do it twice as we couldnt get enough out. Heartbreaking :( should be more than enough they got this time. Alex is 10lbs now! thats like near 1lb since last mon! my booby juice made of chocolate? lol

I hated seeing my baby cry when she got her heel prick. Whats worse is when she was in the hospital for her fevers they had to take some spinal fluid to test...the worst part was the numbing needle as she cried and cried, but when they put the needle in for the fluid she fell asleep!!!!!! it was very odd. She gets all her first Jabs on the 29th, im going to bf when she gets them so she is a little more comforted

Dani, I am so sorry to hear your news xx your cousin and your family are in my thoughts xx

Loving all the Sparkler pictures! We have beautiful babies! I'm going to mess around with photoshop, if I ever find the time! :lol:

Thank you for the comments on Kai....It's lovely to hear nice things about him. Sometimes family should keep their mouths firmly shut when commenting on my baby!

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap-ish Christmas outfit for Kai? I looked pretty much everywhere in town on Saturday and couldn't find anything! Preferably want an Elf one but anything will do! Probably can't order online in time now so an actual shop is probably my best bet.

And what is it with 0-3 months babygrows?! Every shop I went in had all other sizes apart from the one I wanted! Kai's growing out of his newborn stuff now. Managed to get 1 pack of 3 in the end....nightmare!

Best place for xmas outfits is mothercare! We got Megan a xmas pudding outfit from there for £15 - she will look sooo cute :D

By the way Pixelle I asked my OH about you and he said if you're Kelly then yes he does know you, he went to school with you!

He is back to work on Monday :( so if you want a chat or whatever then we could arrange something if you like. We're in Totton! Where abouts are you?

Kai is so cute, he has so much hair! :o did you get a lot of heartburn?

BTW all the sparkler babys are cute. I love the coloursplash pics - somebody HAS to let me know how to do that! :D

Managed to get an outfit in Peacocks in the end! Didn't want to trek into town again, especially with all that snow!
I have ordered an Elf outfit on eBay but I doubt it'll get here in time for Christmas!

Yep....right person then! Your OH and Steve M used to wind me up something chronic! :lol:

I love all his hair! He was pretty much born with all that you see....he's going to need a haircut soon! :lol:
Didn't get heartburn too bad....only a little and only a few times...another old wives tale that doesn't seem to be true! :)

I lived in Totton up until a year ago...then I moved to Bitterne to be with my OH...Still trying to get used to being this side of the water as all my family are over Holbury way. Was much easier to see them when I lived in Totton.
This week is going to be major hectic...got 2 Dr's appointments, HV coming out, family visiting, shopping to do etc but would be great to have a chat at some point! :)

I usually do my coloursplash pics the hard way using Paint.net or Photoshop but have recently found on Photobucket.com there's an edit option which lets you do it. It's all free too :)

Hope everyone is ok. Will try to catch up with thread tomorrow. I read loads but don't have time to reply....I reply in my head then forget I haven't ACTUALLY replied! :lol:

OH said does Linda McCartney mean anything to you? :s

I use photobucket a lot, will have to search for the coloursplash option :)

Megan has got an awful cold! Shes really bunged up and her breathing is quite bad again. Only thing we can give her is nasal drops :( poor baby. Shes keeping me up most the night at the moment aswell.

Sorry for the Me post but:

I went on facebook this morning for my daily fix, and I found out my Cousin Nicole (who is expecting her first child this week) just lost her husband Trent from injuries he recieved in a snowmobile accident last night. I am beside myself, worrying about Nicole (she is on bed rest due to high blood pressure). I feel so horrible, and feel so bad for Nicole.

How sad :( so sorry to hear this

How do you all get chance to get online? I can only get on when OH has Megan! Seriously I feel like I havn't done much today yet the time has flown :s

How do you all get chance to get online? I can only get on when OH has Megan! Seriously I feel like I havn't done much today yet the time has flown :s

Lol - I know what you mean - I browse on my phone when Leo is feeding which is why I don't post often - it's a PITA to do so but I do read every post.

The laptop manages to get out about once a week now - which is quite scary from a banking POV - I daren't look - lol.

Where is AM?

Jo
xx

:hugs: Bartness, that is horrible. Can't imagine. :hugs:

Kayley - I think I am lucky enough to have two babies who sleep rather well. Joseph takes a good nap, and if I want to be on while he is awake I can because he does well with entertaining himself. Madelyn does pretty good after she FINALLY settles after eating. She usually sits there, and just pukes on herself after we get all her gas pains gone lol.

I hate seeing that test done, Alex was screaming away and she had to do it twice as we couldnt get enough out. Heartbreaking :( should be more than enough they got this time. Alex is 10lbs now! thats like near 1lb since last mon! my booby juice made of chocolate? lol

I hated seeing my baby cry when she got her heel prick. Whats worse is when she was in the hospital for her fevers they had to take some spinal fluid to test...the worst part was the numbing needle as she cried and cried, but when they put the needle in for the fluid she fell asleep!!!!!! it was very odd. She gets all her first Jabs on the 29th, im going to bf when she gets them so she is a little more comforted

I had to take Madelyn to get her bilirubin levels checked because she was jaundiced and they did the heel prick and we left, but they didn't get enough blood so we had to go do it again! :growlmad: It was horrible, they should come up with a better method or something! :hugs: DF

Lol jo I am here :flower: I've spent 2 days "doing things" it doesn't happen often :haha:

bartness- so sorry to hear about your cousin x

kayley- I hope megan gets better soon :hugs:

df- I'm sure it's just there was not enough blood, can't see them lying about it?

Explodingpooladies- have had that here too!! Last night also very watery poo though not sure if it was wee mixed with poo as he may have weed as I was taking nappy off

jo- evan doesn't always poo at night either x

So yesterday I took evan to my friends as she does a party for all the kids and her stepdad dresses up as Santa and the kids wave at him from the window. Was great! Evan wad very good but puked in her sofa :haha:

i am keeping going trying to get him sleeping in the crib. He doesn't scream in it just doesn't settle for too long. I gave up at half 3 and he slept with me! When we got up it was 14 degrees in my room. This house is so cold! Why do some people have issues with having the heating on??? I don't mind wearing more clothes but I shouldn't have to dress evan up like a damn Eskimo!!

Today he had his 8 week check and jabs. Dr checked his head circumfrence, think it's 4cm bigger, also checked his eyes/pupils, his heartbeat, his testes and hips. All fine for his corrected age of 6 weeks.

Then he has the injections. Poor baby, was ok, I got more upset than I thought I would :haha: he screamed for 10 seconds then was ok :)

I've bought him some colief drops to see if they help his tummy at night. Expensive should have got prescription but never mind :(

hello to everyone else :) xxx

oh bartness how aweful! thinking of your cousin I cant imagine what she must be going through!

Kayley - I can get online quite a bit as I have no life.. It will change as libby gets more alert but I have the laptop open all day and she usually has a feed we have play and a nappy change and she falls asleep, either on me or in her moses basket for a few hours. I dont know anyone in this area but we have just bought a second car today so I can get out a bit more as our estate is in middle of knowwhere. Hope fully I wont be on as much as I plan on going to a baby group a day to meet people :D but at the moment this is only human contact bar my husband x

:wave: AM I saw you post on FB about 5 mins after I asked where you were - lol

Loving the reindeer pic and Evan is such a brave boy. I cried when Leo had his heal prick so will probably do the same for his jabs!!

Just a question about poo (quelle surprise - lol). Leo's is always runny / watery - I thought this was "normal" - should it have more substance for want of a better phrase?

Jo
xx

oh bartness how aweful! thinking of your cousin I cant imagine what she must be going through!

Kayley - I can get online quite a bit as I have no life.. It will change as libby gets more alert but I have the laptop open all day and she usually has a feed we have play and a nappy change and she falls asleep, either on me or in her moses basket for a few hours. I dont know anyone in this area but we have just bought a second car today so I can get out a bit more as our estate is in middle of knowwhere. Hope fully I wont be on as much as I plan on going to a baby group a day to meet people :D but at the moment this is only human contact bar my husband x

And I wouldn't be talking to him for not liking Chinese food ;)

xx

Jo I have noticed Evans poos are far more runnier than before!! I think it is normal though as he's going usual amount if times and isn't I'll. He is exclusively on bm now as he had a few weeks in the gavisvon with formula as well as bm and his poos were much more solid.

I have put him in size 2 nappies and his poo goes up the back, it doesn't leak out but i've had more trouble with these than size 1s just wonder if I need to put him back in those for a bit? He is around 11lbs but he is not a chunk just long.

Bartness-so sorry for your cousin, what an awful thing to have happened.
Doctor wasn't worried about Erin's bellybutton, after all that anxiety last night! When she cries a lot it gets a bit discoloured but apparently it's all ok. Just got to check we can reduce it every time we change her.

We bought size 2 by accident and they just leaked everywhere xx I'm gonna stick to size 1 till they are obviously too small if that makes sense. I reckon that's why you're getting the poo up the back xx

I am quite jealous of you lot being able to get on here more often than me lol. I think its a good thing though - I should try to relax more. I think its more difficult if you have more than 1 baby. I remember when I had my first daughter I was on the computer ALOT - I used to go on msn groups back then :D Now I feel like I'm either doing housework or feeding. Mind it may be different after xmas! I'm on here now with Megan attached to my boob lol.

Poor baby is so bunged up :( hate hearing her breathing so badly

oh by the way Megan does REALLY runny poops! it reminds me of curry sauce lol. I changed her bum earlier and she went through 3 nappys before i had even finished wiping her lol. I think she'd been saving it up all day!

And I wouldn't be talking to him for not liking Chinese food ;)

xx

:haha:

Jo I have noticed Evans poos are far more runnier than before!! I think it is normal though as he's going usual amount if times and isn't I'll. He is exclusively on bm now as he had a few weeks in the gavisvon with formula as well as bm and his poos were much more solid.

I have put him in size 2 nappies and his poo goes up the back, it doesn't leak out but i've had more trouble with these than size 1s just wonder if I need to put him back in those for a bit? He is around 11lbs but he is not a chunk just long.

god libby is in size 3 lol we were on sizES 2'S for few weeks but iv got loads of boxes of 3's so i didnt want to buy more lol she is fine with them

oh by the way Megan does REALLY runny poops! it reminds me of curry sauce lol. I changed her bum earlier and she went through 3 nappys before i had even finished wiping her lol. I think she'd been saving it up all day!

lovely lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->