~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Could I possibly have a me, me, me rant?

My phone got shut off! Yes, because we didn't pay the bill. But honestly I am just peeved because they think I should say 2 bills at once before they turn it back on. (This would come out to $418.00) Ugh, then she had enough nerve to say "Merry Christmas" before she hung up .. yeah its not gonna be so merry since I don't have a phone woman!! :growlmad: UGh.

Bartness i am so sorry, that is horrible :nope:

for all the women breastfeeding try feeding your LOs through their jabs etc. that's what i'll be doing.

Just catching up quickly while my little monster is in bed! :lol:

OH said does Linda McCartney mean anything to you? :s

I use photobucket a lot, will have to search for the coloursplash option :)

Megan has got an awful cold! Shes really bunged up and her breathing is quite bad again. Only thing we can give her is nasal drops :( poor baby. Shes keeping me up most the night at the moment aswell.

Hahaha! Yes, it means something but I can't remember what! :lol:

Sorry to hear about Megan, hope she's okay and gets better soon :)

Bartness - Sorry to hear about the sad news :hugs:
Beautiful photo's!

anna matronic - Hope the Colief is working for you and Evan is settling into his crib now!
I LOVE the snow pic! Super cute :) And the Elf photos are lovely!

pinklizzy Glad Erin's belly button is ok now! Hope her hip referral comes soon and everything is ok (My phone has been playing up so not been able to text!)

SilasLove - Glad your 6 week check went well :)

forgodssake - Hope your pipes have unfrozen now!

GossipGirly - Hope you enjoyed it at the baby group! Also hope you can get home for Christmas...sending luck!

Everyone else: I hope you're all ok and have a lovely Christmas :hugs:

Going back on some convos:

Poo explosions! I know all about those :lol: Kai's been doing some pretty impressive ones lately....also very smelly! Have had to buy some vanish as Fairy non bio doesn't seem to get the poo stains out...tmi :lol:

Nappy sizes: Kai's still on size 1's. When do you know when to change up a size?
We still have 40 or so Pampers to get through....after that, I'm switching back to Huggies!

Grunting: Kai also grunts. Sounds mucus-like though.

AFM:
I'm knackered! Kai had only an hours sleeps total from 8am to 10pm yesterday, slept for a couple of hours, then was up again. Been pretty much the same today but with less crying. He's only having 1 or 2 oz per feed but is feeding more often....I'm hoping it's just a phase! Trying to breastfeed him as well as I miss it and he seems so much happier with BM.

Had lots of smiles from him today. He's getting to be a right kicker too!
The elf suit from eBay arrived today :D I'll post a pic at the end.
He also fell asleep in his swing for the first time ever today....he seems to love music so I had one of the music channels on for him and he slept well....until I decided to try to put him in his moses basket, won't be doing that again, think I'll just leave him in it.

MIL is slightly annoying me. She's been fantastic and everything but she wants Kai for a whole day every week. I know it's only a day and it would give me a break but I just don't feel right about it :wacko:

Rebooked my 6 week check....7th January! At least I'll be able to sort out contraception etc....not that we're doing anything! Barely talking....but that's a long story :lol:

Not been able to sleep tonight, got so much on my mind so thought I'd try my hand at doing a signature! :)

I should probably start a journal really...always seem to do massive long posts...sorry about that! :lol:

Attachments

• DSC_00711.jpg
    DSC_00711.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 2
My little chunkster weighed in today at 11lbs 11ozs!!! :happydance:

Hope everyone is okay?

Jo, not seen you here for a while, how is the feeding going now?

GG, hope you got home for crimbo.

Pixelle, that is such a cute photo of Kai!!

DF...Personally I would put a complaint in about the HV, they are not allowed to withold or lie about information regarding your babies health or tests, if that was my child I would go rather ballistic!! And I know both are tested on the heel prick, but isn't the thyroid and cystic fibrosis two completely different things? So not sure why they would have said initially it was his thyroid...complain complain :thumbup:

AFM: Thanks everyone for the well wishes on Reagan's party, she had a brilliant time.

Spoke to the HV today when I got Amber weighed...we have got the slight issue of her not wanting to take a bottle from me, she will scream and scream until I put her on the boob instead :dohh: So the HV has suggested if I want to continue with the combination feeding then it has to be someone else giving her a bottle with me out of the room so she can't smell or hear me :nope: or I could feed her in her bouncy chair so she isn't close to me as she obviously associates me with feeding her on the boob and the comfort side of it...OR we can attempt to change back to majority breast feeding, which she said would mean for the next few days I need to just sit and feed feed feed to get my supply back up to demand, she says your supply is always about 48 hours behind....or we could change to complete formula, which I don't want to do yet...I want to breastfeed her through her immunisations next week.

Hi there! :wave:

I hope I'm allowed to just jump in here - was so excited when I saw this thread as I've been looking for a group! I was due 23rd November but Katie Ava was born on 17th November, I was induced at 39+1. She weighed 7lb 6oz and 2 days ago, she weighed 9lb 7oz so she's doing great :cloud9: My name's Sam, I'm 24 and I have another little girl who is almost 18 months called Emma.

Here we are :)

https://i51.tinypic.com/t7flnr.jpg

And attached is a pic of Katie a few days ago, so 5 weeks old :cloud9:

Look forward to getting to know everyone a lot better!!!

Attachments

• katie.jpg
    katie.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi Sam, welcome to the Sparklers! It's nice to have mums on here who've 'been there done that' as they always seem to give good advice :thumbup:

Quiet here today - is everyone doing their last minute Xmas shopping I wonder...

I am loving all these pictures of babies in their Christmas outfits. I have been so rubbish, Stanley has a Christmas babygro but I haven't taken any pictures of him in it. Terrible mummy and his baby book is going to be so bare! (when I start it :blush:)

How is everyone's LO doing with their sleep? We have made a bit of a breakthrough after introducing a dreamfeed when we go to bed. We now only tend to have one night feed and he usually lets us sleep til about 7am.

I still find the night feed exhausting, just can't seem to wake up properly. And he's always got a dirty nappy so no chance of just feeding him in bed all nice and snoozy.

think she lied about thyroid as I was needling her for info about it and had her on the spot.She keeps apologising to me though . Even the doc that called mentioned it. Doc was nice she is sending me out info, she usually would call down but the snow is terrible so i am getting leaflets instead. I am ok about it i am just glad he dosnt have it. Could be me that has gene who knows. I am lucky,.

Hi Sam, welcome to the Sparklers! It's nice to have mums on here who've 'been there done that' as they always seem to give good advice :thumbup:

Quiet here today - is everyone doing their last minute Xmas shopping I wonder...

I am loving all these pictures of babies in their Christmas outfits. I have been so rubbish, Stanley has a Christmas babygro but I haven't taken any pictures of him in it. Terrible mummy and his baby book is going to be so bare! (when I start it :blush:)

How is everyone's LO doing with their sleep? We have made a bit of a breakthrough after introducing a dreamfeed when we go to bed. We now only tend to have one night feed and he usually lets us sleep til about 7am.

I still find the night feed exhausting, just can't seem to wake up properly. And he's always got a dirty nappy so no chance of just feeding him in bed all nice and snoozy.

I have quite a few friends who say dreamfeeding works wonderfully - I could never do it with Emma cos she'd always wake up, and never really got around to doing it with Katie because at the moment anyhow, she's going quite long periods at night once she finally does settle off to sleep so I don't want to kind of introduce a bottle when she might not need it (and we do seem to spend our evenings starting a bottle, not finishing it, re-starting a new one etc so I'm not entirely sure when she's 'due' a bottle, lol). Sounds like it's working great for you - I know what you mean about not being able to wake up, and Katie 90% of the time poops during her bottle too so there'd be no chance of a sneaky bottle :haha: :haha:

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the mad house, grab a seat and make yourself comfy :wave:

I have seen you around on some other posts...congratulations on the birth of your little girl :flower:

hi sam :wave: welcome to the sparklers can i just say you are beautiful and so are your girls...

can i also just have a little brag, my little girl who was born weighing 6lb11 just weighed in today at 10lb7! :happydance: i hope i don't sound big headed when i say i am so proud of myself.

Silas how come your phone bill is so much?! we pay £40 for ours and that includes unlimited internet too...

You&Me congrats on your los weight gain too :D

and can i ask a favour? that everyone keeps their fingers and toes crossed that my friend and her baby are allowed home from hospital in time for christmas? She's having a bit of a nightmarish time of it atm. Thank you..xx

Hi everyone,
Welcome Sam! Your kiddies are gorgeous :D

Megan is starting to get a little better now, although she is still snuffly. She is sound asleep in her car seat at the mo. She seems to love it in there! I left her in her grandmas hands today for the first time as I had my works xmas party to go to. Had a great time but my boobs filled up so much, have just had to express as Megan is asleep.

Getting excited about xmas now! Just got the rest of the wrapping up and the mince pies to make.

Awww, thanks everyone...feel very lucky to have my two LOs (as I'm sure we all do), esp when you read about some of the things that have happened to some of the other mummies on here :nope:

MissMama - That's a fabulous weight gain! You have every right to be proud of yourself! :kiss: Really hope your friend & her LO get out in time for christmas too, let us know :thumbup:

Kayley, how old is Alysha? She looks a very proud big sister in your avatar, soooo cute :cloud9:

:hi: Im home for chrimbo so wont be online much (on my bros laptop)

Hope everyone has a lovely baby's first xmas :)

Welcome Sam, glad you found us, you have a beautiful family :flower:

missmamma Thats a FAB weight gain (and initiallly made me think OMG, Leo hasnt put on anywhere near that but i had a word with myself ;))

GG Have a fab time back at home and we will arrange a shopping meet up in the New Year :D

Silas Is that your mobile or landline, its SO expensive, is that the norm over there?

hinky Whats dreamfeeding? Leo is quite good and only usually has one nightfeed if his last feed is timed right.

pixelle LOVE the elf outfit (cold water pipe still frozen but we have hot ;)) Hope Kai sleeps better for you and you and OH are ok (I'm sure we have our 6 week check on the 7th too)

Hope I havent missed anyone!

AFM - I managed to spend £70 JUST in the butchers today for Christmas :shock:

Have also put Leo to bed for the first time (although still in our room) whilst i have come downstairs!! I have been up a million times already though as I am convinced the monitor isnt working and I MISS HIM!!

Jo
xx

Hey girls. Just popping in to say merry Christmas. We got engaged yesterday (my birthday) so happy. Pixie also slept for almost 6h in a row too ^_^ woo hoo

Congratulations Pichi, and Happy Birthday for yesterday!

hello everyone :hi:
My name is Kayla and my little girl, Lilly was due November 2nd but was born November 13th.
How are you all? :hugs:

congrats on your engagement!

Been lurking as I cant be bothered typing with one hand, now I have two here for a few mins as Alex has fallen asleep on me.

Oust of gas here, not our fault as the gas is bought by landlord but the gas company didnt come! they where to busy to fill here and everyone was out last night asking wtf was happening as we all cold. He assumed they did come till he called them. Cant cook, shower or hve heat till they come today and i have no idea what time thats at. Landlord is on different gas but his shower bust and pumps in the castle so last thing he needed was no gas for rest of us. 9 house's/flats working off that emergency gas last night we got a go at the heating before bed and that was it.

anyway I thought Darrens ones where calling down maybe as it would be the first time they would have seen ALex, month old nearly and none have cone down as they said "he is being fed all the time" they have a problem with breastfeeding I take it and yes I did notice they done this with William to, ran when he cried for food. ffs you think I was doing something wrong or it was mandatory everyone leave the building when I get my tits out. well she told darren she isnt calling today, oh! expects william to go to hers. Answer from me was NO. He has m relatives coming at different times its not fair to take him away up there everyone was suppose to come to me! so he isnt going. I am sure she will be annoyed but has to think of my ones who are making an effort to come here to see him and not taking him away.

Welcome Kayla and morning all :flower:

Bloody men, I have to visit the Dr this morning to get the morning after pill as he didn't do what he said he would ;)

I hope it's ok to take when BFing

Jo
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe