~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

:haha: FGS...never ever trust a man to pull out...Hehehehe, we had a few 'ooopsies' when Amber was under a month old before I went on the mini pill.

MissMamma...you should be proud of yourself, that is a great weight gain :hugs:

Pichi...huge huge congratulations, and well done Pixie!!

Hello Kayla :wave: welcome to the nut house!!

GG, hope you, Dan and Libby have a lovely christmas with the family.

I hope everyone has a wonderful christmas, and a Happy new year :flower:

night no.2 and she has slept again for a good while :happydance: i think the 2am feeding is going to disappear soon yay!

Jo, Evan is the result of "Well you obviosly never pulled out quick enough"

Sorry not been onlin much... uber busy, still have a baby who refuses to sleep in own bed. I think I'm gonna give up trying tilll we get back to our proper house :)

Pichu, fab news congrats :hugs:

Merry Xmas to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Woo, it's nearly Christmas!!:happydance: Am making an effort to do an update while Stanley is asleep and DH is out jogging. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and happy first Christmas to all our little ones. Take care and enjoy xxx

(Just in case I've got muddled up with anyone, apologies in advance. I find it really hard to do this namecheck thing without getting mega confused. It's the thought that counts though, right?!)

GossipGirly - have a safe journey back and a wonderful Christmas with your family.

Bartness – I hope things are going better for you. Take care and have a peaceful time :hugs:

Kayley – glad to hear Megan’s a bit better now. Hope you have a great Christmas!

Pichi – congrats, what brilliant news! And great news that Pixie is looking like sleeping longer too. Isn't it nice when they start to get into a routine. Stanley sleeps for a 4 or 5 hour stretch until his first night feed. Just have to get the next bit of the night sorted out now :sleep:

forgodsake – good luck at doc’s, I am not sure how it will affect breastfeeding but hopefully your GP will suggest a suitable solution. I know they can fit an IUD to prevent conception as well - bit extreme but might be another option. £70 in butchers?? Sounds like you will have a lovely Christmas! I know what you mean about leaving Leo asleep, we now leave LO upstairs for 2 hours before we go to bed, God knows how many times i have been up to check the monitor!! :blush:

Silas – I hope you're feeling better after your visit to GP. There's nothing to be ashamed about taking anti-depressants, if they will make you feel better then that is the main thing. Is Madelyn sleeping a bit better now? Last thing you need is trouble with your phone bill so hope you get it sorted x

DF – Sounds like a nightmare about your heating. Are they going to get the fuel delivered before Christmas? You've made me realise how lucky I am having my mum down the road - last time we had a powercut I had to take the baby there. Well, I hope you get it sorted and have a warm and happy Christmas with your boys x

MissMamma – Congratulations on Raphi's brilliant weight gain, you are obviously doing everything right! I also want to breastfeed during Stanley's jabs, would love to know how it goes for you. Will keep my fingers crossed for your friend, sorry to hear she is having such a rough time :nope:

Pixelle – love your sig and pics, sorry to hear your MIL is ausing you stress. You need to do what you think is best for you and your LO. I can understand how hard it is though and especially if you and your OH are not seeing eye-to-eye. Hope you find a way to get it sorted :hugs:

youandme – Great weight gain for Amber! I have had the same problem with bottle feeding in that Stanley will not take bottle from me. THe only time I've managed to bottle feed him is during his dreamfeed as he is asleep so doesn't know it's me! Hope you manage, it's a good idea about feeding him in his chair, I like the idea of stealth ninja feeding coming at him from behind :haha:

Kayla – welcome to the November Sparklers, look forward to getting to know you and your LO :baby:

Soph – not a bad idea to wait until you get back, he’ll only have to get used to it again otherwise. But it must be draining having him on you all the time. DOes he sleep next to you or still literally on you? I love being able to put Stanley away for the night! Don't know how you manage, but I am sure when you are back settled in your flat he will learn to go in his own bed.

Does he take a dummy at night? We tried all sorts of things with Stanley before we got the combination right: white noise, dummy, projector, nursery rhymes, sleeping bag, swaddling, hands tucked in or out, total darkness or nightlight, patting him to sleep, stroking his hands / face... it's been MAJOR trial and error but you will get there in no time. Take care and have a lovely Christmas :flower:

To anyone else who I missed, have a fantastic Christmas, this is me signing off until the New Year, when I will be back with my resolution to post on here a bit more! :thumbup:

He sleeps on me, over my chest, so I am a little cold with the duvet up to my waist! He has a dummy but 9 times out of 10 I spend ages putting it back in his mouth! The rare occasion he does drop off with it and doesn't notice it falling out.

He is deffo very colicky which really upsets him at night :(

He's also been vomiting for England, which may have been from the jabs or his reflux making a reappearence, but it doesn't bother him. He smiles as he pukes, or feeds, pukes, feeds :haha:

He'll be grown out of all this soon anyway, but I am used to the nights now and my 3-4 hour sleep between 3-6/7 :)

I know you're not meant to but try getting Evan into that dozey state and put him on his tummy. This the most comfiest way pixie will lie and sleep in. We have an angelcare movement sensor so... Might as well let her sleep in the position she finds most comfortable. ^_

As for his colic- id totally recommend colif. Pixie has improved so much after using this and infacol :)

Not been on for a while so figured I'd do a quick update while I have a spare 5 minutes to wish you all a very merry xmas, I hope you all have a wonderful day with your LO's!

For those who remember Ryan was badly constipated/colicky and just didn't sleep..ever! We tried infacol, detinox, gripe water, swaddling, swing and NOTHING worked... I am happy to announce that he seems to be past it all! One day 2 weeks ago he woke up and was like a different baby and he has been an absolute angel ever since! He now sleeps through the night, 12pm-8am and takes 6oz bottles every 3-4 hours during the day the greedy little monster! He's very smiley and starting to grab for things in his play gym which he loves to be in... I leave him in there half an hour at a time and he makes such cute little giggly noises as he's smiling at all the toys! Such a lovely boy now that he is over the colic I couldn't ask for a better behaved little guy!

Sorry to hear evan is still no better AM xxx

Pichi I try but he hates it!! He ends up trying to push himself up with his arms. I do have the angelcare monitor but don't use it as I didn't really like it. I guess I could use the pad on it own maybe.

Evan has been taking Colief on and off, I am shit with the stuff cos of bf and having to express milk first then feed.

Must make more of an effort :) xx

back from an 8 hour power cut! freezing , and starving. got gas though,. landlord pays for gas we pay after what use,. few grand of gas out there now,. also all neighbours got presents for us even landlord! no where I lived have neighbours ever done that , all nice here.

Merry Christmas everyone! :hugs: I'm sorry I have not been on in a whiile. I have been super busy!!!

We are home in Texas for The Holidays & Bryelle is sick with a headcold and left ear infection. :cry: Christmas this year is half good. My family is complete and we are in Texas. Bad part is that my parents don't celebrate and Bryelle cannot travel atm. So Mark took Jace to my inlaws today for Christmas Eve which is about 1 1/2 hours away from here at my parents house. Sucks because Bryelle's 1st Christmas and it is ruined. I just want her better. She can't breath her nose is so stuffy. :( She got sick from me taking her to the grocery store and some random lady touched her face without my permission and behnd my back!! :gun: I was literally turned for 2 secs!!! I was Pissed!!! Then two old ladies got right in her face!!! Come on people!!!! You see perfectly well she is newborn!!! Stay the F**K outta her face!!! :gun: Pardon my french!!! :blush:

merry christmas for tomorrow everyone! i'm feeling very festive, just got back from my mums where we had our annual christmas curry night :haha:
will be spending all night packing and tidying to go to my grandmas on boxing day!.
Congrats again pichi...i dont mind admitting i'm slightly jealous!
oh and my friend and baby went home today :D

I need some festive spirit! Totally knackered after a day of cleaning and preparing for tomorrow ( we have all the family coming over so 9 for lunch) Dreading the in-laws being here, MIL has already rang to say how much she's looking forward to feeding Erin :wacko: I really don't want her doing it, she treats Erin like a doll or plaything-she doesn't want to hold her if she's asleep as she's not 'entertaining'.
The dog is driving me up the wall as I haven't been able to take her for a proper walk and she's going to be crazy tomorrow and OH wants a lie-in tomorrow because he's been at work today :cry:
Still got presents to wrap and one to finish bloody making, all I want to do is sleep :nope:
Sorry for being such a grinch, I usually love Christmas, just this year it's all a bit overwhelming!

:hugs:
thats completely understandable hun, see tomorrow i dont have to do anything, we're going round to my family's in the mornign and OHs in the afternoon so we dont have to entertain or prepare for anyone to come round. I'm sure it will all be fine.

I was remembering all the christmasses i had when i was younger and that makes me feel festive..xx

Pichi I try but he hates it!! He ends up trying to push himself up with his arms. I do have the angelcare monitor but don't use it as I didn't really like it. I guess I could use the pad on it own maybe.

Evan has been taking Colief on and off, I am shit with the stuff cos of bf and having to express milk first then feed.

Must make more of an effort :) xx

you can get little tablets which work exactly the same as colif but instead of having to faf about putting it in their bottle you just stick the little tablet on their tongue to swallow. you get them in healthcare shops :) i've heard good things about them too :flower

i really can't believe it's christmas tomorrow! it's come around so fast. god i still remember getting my bfp in march!

I saw on facebook that April is at the hospital with bryelle. they are doing a spinal tap on Bryelle to see if she has mennengitis. I hope everyone keeps Bryelle in there prayers tonight. I am hoping her family has a Christmas Mirical and that Bryelle will be ok.

Merry christmas everyone!

woke up from a nap about 20 minutes ago, and need to find a dream analyzer. really that was one screwed up dream, royally screwed up.

Pichi I still remember too!! March 14th was that fateful day :) For me it was a total shock :haha:

I'll stick with the drops for now as they cost over a tenner!! But I am going to make more of a conscious effort. He has taken it twicw today and so far not been too bad. He is just starving today even after I have fed him. I had to give him a bottle and he took 5oz at 8.30, he has just had boob again and I'm gonna give him another bottle now. I am getting tired of BF when he is so clingy, I have barely had time to myself today :(

I saw on facebook that April is at the hospital with bryelle. they are doing a spinal tap on Bryelle to see if she has mennengitis. I hope everyone keeps Bryelle in there prayers tonight. I am hoping her family has a Christmas Mirical and that Bryelle will be ok.

Merry christmas everyone!

woke up from a nap about 20 minutes ago, and need to find a dream analyzer. really that was one screwed up dream, royally screwed up.

Thinking of them, hoping and praying everything will be okay! x

April I do hope bryelle is ok :hugs:

well merry Christmas everyone. I hope eveyones lo's have a great first Xmas and have been spoilt rotten xxxx

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a fabulous day with your families!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->