~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Bartness, what your OH said (and how he behaved) was totally out of order :hugs: :hugs: Having a newborn can be stressful but there's no excuse for that, esp since you sound like the one who should be tired & not him!!!!!

Well he hasnt apologijzed and probably wont, but Im over it now. i got my venting out, and feel much better. Hopefully tonight I'll get some sleep.

Oh DF, Alexander is a total cutie pie, and AM, Evan is adorable!

Jaxon's first christmas was not much fun. Sine OH is the Grinch, he didnt really help make it fun. Oh well, next year will be better!

Hows everyone going with feeding? Both FF and BF?

BF for us has gotten easier but im still finding it hard work at times. Most of the time is good now but still getting painful nipples occassionaly.

Hope everyone had a great christmas. Bartness hope you and oh have sorted it out. Men can be completed asses sometimes.

Majm hope Bryelle gets fully better soon but glad she is home.

Happy new year to everyone.

Shann BF goinf ok, no pain or anything just wished he would take a bottle sometimes as find it hard when out I still wont feed in public, I end up in my car if there is no feeding room.!

Merry Christmas everyone! Sorry I have been AWOL, I have been keeping an eye on you all, but just didn't manage to have a free finger to type with :haha:

April, I am so pleased to hear that Bryelle is now on the mend bless her. You must have been out of your mind with worry :hugs:

Huge congratulations Pichi on your engagement, we want to see a piccie of your ring!!!!

Love all the recent photographs, we have some gorgeous little Sparklers! I got a flash new camera for Christmas so fingers crossed I learn to use it so I can take some lovely pics of Georgie boy!

AFM: Had a lovely Christmas, George got thoroughly spoilt (so did I) but I seem to have a bit of the lurgy now. Hope it doesn't develop into anything more and fingers crossed Georgie doesn't catch it!

Must dash as I have alittle boy really smiling at me that wants playing with x

Shann BF goinf ok, no pain or anything just wished he would take a bottle sometimes as find it hard when out I still wont feed in public, I end up in my car if there is no feeding room.!

Im funny about feeding in public too although i have discreetly done it a few times now. Dont like to if there are men around tho. Its sad we feel we have to hide away, its such a natural thing. Im determined to do it more and more, im taking a stand for public breast feeding hehe :thumbup:

Hey Jo :wave: I have been wondering how you are, great to hear from you!!

Soph and DF, they are gorgeous photos...I have to admit I have been totally crap this time around in taking lots of photos, I need to sort that out and get click happy.

Bartness, hope your OH sorts himself out :nope:

April, Hope Bryelle is on the mend now?

Soph, love them sofas...Argos has some in their sale too, with up to half price off, may be worth a look?

Shan...I am combination feeding, and it is going good :thumbup: I gave up the fenugreek and am now on something else called Agnus Castus, and it seems to have really worked in bumping my supply back up, so during the day she is only needing an ounce top of of formula, I am still formula feeding her a last bedtime bottle however...the only downside is the Agnus Castus isn't recommended with the mini pill, which I am on...so that could turn out interesting :haha: Amber is like a pitbull with the boob and I have a ferocious letdown, so it hurts a little for the first minute, but after that feeding is pain free :thumbup:

AFM: Amber is doing great, she has her 8 week developmental check and immunisations tomorrow, I intend to feed her through them. She is now sleeping from 9pm til 3am, then is awake half hour for a feed and goes back through til 8 or 9am, when she comes in bed with me for booby...she is getting a little better at taking a bottle from me, but it is still a struggle!! These last few days I have been putting her in the sling and taking her for a walk and she absolutely loves it in there.

Hows everyone going with feeding? Both FF and BF?

BF for us has gotten easier but im still finding it hard work at times. Most of the time is good now but still getting painful nipples occassionaly.[/QUOTE

Hey ya

hope all is well for u and lil one, im combi feedin which is
goin well and happy with how im doin it. Eryn's quite a hungry baby and i dont supply enough milk etc etc so shes on formula more and breast couple of times a day. my nipples get ocassionally sore and painful too x

AFM - Think im havin one of them days where i feel ignored on everything, but all is goin well at hme wid eryn,

wat u guys got planned for new yrs eve xx

Know what u mean you mean by the pitbull on the boob, Elleah is the biggest booby monster sometimes esp after a big sleep...guess she just loves it that much haha.

Im still not enjoying BF as much as i hoped but it is still early days and it is gradually getting better, im still at times grinning and bearing it through soreness.

I hope she one day appreciates all i have gone through jsut to BF her, its been one the hardest things ive ever done but i wont give up.

How long are u ladies planning on BF for? Id like to do at least 6 months, maybe longer. Will see how i feel when the time comes :)

Ideally I would like to make it to a year...but if I get to six months then I will be more than happy :thumbup:

Hi all, hope everyone is well and had a lovely xmas!

Sorry I havn't been on the last few days things have been hetic here over xmas lol glad its almost over! Can't believe how quickly this year has gone though. 2010 was such a bad and good year for us!

Anyway whilst Megan is asleep on my lap I'll do a quick update and reply hehe - starting to get used to doing things 1 handed!

Sam Alysha is 6 and she is a very proud big sister! She dotes on Megan. I'm very proud of her :D She wants me to have another baby now though :s I have told her several times no more lol

Pichi Congratulations on the engagement hun! Will you be planning the wedding anytime soon? Has the 2am feeding of Pixie disappeared as you hoped? Megan only wakes once about 4am but she wont go down to sleep until about midnight.

Welcome Nov2010momma

oh dear, not even half way through and the girl has started crying already lol. Im exhausted! Megan just isn't sleeping too well at the moment, I think its because she still isn't really very well, she has an awful cough and wants to feed ALL the time! My boobs are SO SO sore. :( We have put her on aptamil aswell as I just cant feed her for more than half hour at a time as it hurts so much. Almost in tears everytime I give a feed.

Anyway she is screaming at me so will have to try do another catch up later. xx

Pichi I try but he hates it!! He ends up trying to push himself up with his arms. I do have the angelcare monitor but don't use it as I didn't really like it. I guess I could use the pad on it own maybe.

Evan has been taking Colief on and off, I am shit with the stuff cos of bf and having to express milk first then feed.

Must make more of an effort :) xx

you can get little tablets which work exactly the same as colif but instead of having to faf about putting it in their bottle you just stick the little tablet on their tongue to swallow. you get them in healthcare shops :) i've heard good things about them too :flower

i really can't believe it's christmas tomorrow! it's come around so fast. god i still remember getting my bfp in march!

I remember getting my bfp too and it was a shock because altho we had been trying i had miscarried only 3/4 weeks previously!

Is Bryelle ok btw? hope so!

Thank you everyone! :hugs: Bryelle is getting better. They discharged her last night. That was so freaking scary!!! Meningitis was ruled out and they think it was RSV. They did not test for it cuz they said they did not want to poke her and make her more miserable so they treated her as if she had it. They said she has a Viral Infection which she caught from someone out and about from anybody that could have coughed or sneezed near her that had a common cold. They said infants for the first year need to be seen ASAP if they have a fever of 100.4 & more. Her fever got to 100.9 and she has an ear infection. With both of these symptoms since she is so tiny it could easily spread to her brain. While we were waiting on the Results from the Spinal tap and Chest Xrays, they treated her for Meninigits in case the results came back positive. It takes 24 to 48 hours for the results. The High Powered Antibiotics would treat her for the RSV & Meningitis if she had it. Hope this makes sense to y'all! Lol Her appetite was decreasing and so they put her on IV Fluids. They put saline drops in her nostrils and were suctioning. They could not get anything from the suctioning though because her cavitues were so swollen and she was so clogged. Poor baby! :cry: It was just aweful seeing her go through this!!!

Glad she has been discharged! how scary it must've been for you xx

Morning Ladies :)

We have had a wonderful Christmas thanks :)

Evan has been brilliant! We went to my aunties yesterday evening and I was able to palm him off on all my broody cousins and have a nice evening. Then we got home at 1am (later than I intended) and put Evan to bed around 2am, he went to sleep about 2.30am in his crib and slept till 8.15am :happydance: We are getting there :D

I am going to treat myself to some leather sofas for my flat for when I go back home. I don't have loads of money to buy superduper ones but what do you guys think? I will get a large and smaller sofa which is £650 but there is another 15% off this week!!

https://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/w...ategory_root|Furniture+and+Homewares|16849245

I have some photos of Evan that were taken by my bro in law :) They are a bit crap of me as he did them on the off chance and I hadn't done my hair or put makeup on !! They come in Black and White too which some look better, but Evan's eyes look amazing (I think) they used to be grey/blue like mine but are going really blue now :)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/A_Jsshorts/AND_7389.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/A_Jsshorts/AND_7395.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/A_Jsshorts/AND_7414.jpg

This last one os of Evan at the first attempt when he cried. He was only 2.5 weeks then instead of 8 weeks in the last pics! He's changed sooooo much!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/A_Jsshorts/AND_6038.jpg

Just to say Happy 2 months to my baby today :) We hit the 2 month bf milestone :haha:

Sofas are lovely anna! We had our 3 seater brown leather sofa and recliner armchair delivered on christmas eve! Love them!

Pics of Evan are soooo cute :D

Anna - Pics of Evan are gorgeous x

I hope everyone is good?

As for us, we are well enough. I haven't read through everything, just recent posts.

Our Christmas was pretty good overall. We went to my family's on Christmas Eve. The kids got lots of stuff from my cousin. It was really nice, and greatly appreciated. No one got us diapers though :haha:

I have a few pictures, mostly of Joseph. He wasn't much for opening presents really. He did ok though, next year will be better.

Madelyn is eating 4oz every 3 hours now! :D She is actually starting to look less like a newborn baby .. kind of. She is still pretty tiny though. I can't wait till her appt on Jan 10 to see how much she weighs! Actually, she will probably be getting weighed on the 30th of Dec so I may know before that. (I am hoping for 9lbs or so)

I will do my best to post pictures soon. I have been trying to stay off the computer more than being on it. (Although my life is VERY boring.)

Thanks everyone! She had her hospital follow up today and was diagnosed with Bronchiolitis and is now on Albuterol Nebulizer every 4 hours. Doctor was not happy with her breathing. She is still having trouble breathing. She is retracting. (I think that is what she said.) Jace has the same thing but not as bad as Bryelle. He started running fever last night and he too has a left ear infection and horrible cough.

you&me i luv ur piccie of u and kiddies xx

Hows everyone doing ? im still trying to get back into my pre preggy jeans , very depressing at the mo, so new yr and new fitness plan lol , Eryn's groen out of her baby bath , and is really changing in her face bless her, did anyone watch born every minute ? made me so teary and a lil broody lol but not having ne more x

Hi everyone! :hi:
I've just found this thread. I'm Shannon and have a 6 week old named Victoria Noëlle but her nickname is Tori. She was due on November 14th and born on the 16th. I was induced due to mild preeclampsia and it ended in an emergency c-section. But she's here and we're both healthy now. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and that everyone and their LO's are well. Hoping to get to know you all! :hugs:

155387_1635303755362_1019754384_1772380_955104_n.jpg
Here's my beautiful little princess. :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"