~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Hi everyone! :hi:
I've just found this thread. I'm Shannon and have a 6 week old named Victoria Noëlle but her nickname is Tori. She was due on November 14th and born on the 16th. I was induced due to mild preeclampsia and it ended in an emergency c-section. But she's here and we're both healthy now. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and that everyone and their LO's are well. Hoping to get to know you all! :hugs:

View attachment 150181
Here's my beautiful little princess. :cloud9:

hi ya

i was due on 14th nov but went 10days overdue, hows mummyhood goin ?

Morning ladies! Hope everyone is well. Have just caught up with all the posts but can't say much cos Katie is asleep on me so this is taking ages :haha: Just wanted to say hi though!!

Thank you Chella :flower:

Morning Sam :wave:

Welcome Shannon, and baby Tori (I love that name!!)

Morning everyone, hope you are all okay?

Amber has her check and jabs today...eeekkkkssss....for some reason I am really nervous...I wasn't with Reagan. I think with her being in SCBU I was used to her being poked and prodded with needles...but Amber has virgin skin :haha: and I know she will most likely scream the place down.

hey everyone. i've been MIA lately - just been having a lazy few days :)

Pixie has dropped the 2am feed :happydance: we are now getting 8hours give or take of sleep :D yay

AM : those are such cute pics of your wee one. we've yet to take some nice looking photos with my ugly mug in then :hehe:

hi to all the new November Mummies who have just found us ^____^

hope everyone is doing well with their little ones :hugs:

*is off to try properly catch up with everyone*

thankyou for all the congats on my engagement... wedding wont be for a long while yet heh

must be nice lol Im fed up I give up I must have been evil in another life to deserve this demon child. She wont sleep through day or night wont be put down wont sleep anywere just cries all the time, we were doing fine - then we went home for xmas and came home early as she was a nightmare. I must be doing something wrong. Im peed off with people saying "put her down, your spoiling her, thats why she is like that" Maybe putting her down and letting her scream blue murder for half an hour is the way forward? Sorry for rant, Im at my wits end, not gonna be on much so hope everyone is well x

Hi everyone! :hi:
I've just found this thread. I'm Shannon and have a 6 week old named Victoria Noëlle but her nickname is Tori. She was due on November 14th and born on the 16th. I was induced due to mild preeclampsia and it ended in an emergency c-section. But she's here and we're both healthy now. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and that everyone and their LO's are well. Hoping to get to know you all! :hugs:

View attachment 150181
Here's my beautiful little princess. :cloud9:

Welcome! Great name by the way....im Shannon too hehe x

Majm - Seems as if you all are having a rough time over there! Sending you lots of :hugs: and I hope your babies get better soon!

GG - I am sorry you are having a rough time hon! :hugs: I sure do hope Libby starts to get better soon, cant imagine how stressed you are.

Pichi - Congrats on the engagement!!

x__amour - Welcome! :wave:

:hug: GossipGirly. I know how you feel as when Katie was a few weeks old we had the exact same issue & the constant screaming & not being able to put her down is hellish - I don't think people understand unless they have been there. Its so tough & I wish I had some advice. Katie has gone past that now so fingers crossed Libby will too for you xxxx

must be nice lol Im fed up I give up I must have been evil in another life to deserve this demon child. She wont sleep through day or night wont be put down wont sleep anywere just cries all the time, we were doing fine - then we went home for xmas and came home early as she was a nightmare. I must be doing something wrong. Im peed off with people saying "put her down, your spoiling her, thats why she is like that" Maybe putting her down and letting her scream blue murder for half an hour is the way forward? Sorry for rant, Im at my wits end, not gonna be on much so hope everyone is well x

no no - you can't leave her to scream :( it's ok to leave her a little while after all the boxes of : fed, changed, winded, play time have been ticked. Pixie starts getting herself overly worked up if she's over tired... found a good thing to stick in the crib too... now dont laugh but...

an Ikea Ghost lamp

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/images/products/spoka-night-light-white-animal__0097670_PE238442_S4.JPG

:dohh: I just realized that Libby has the same birthday as my Joseph! :haha:

About the leaving ro scream thing - I think people who suggest it 'forget' how old their babies were when/if they left them to cry. So the advice is probably well-meaning...but people just forget. I can't remember how old Emma was when we started to not run & pick her up when she started crying, but it def wasn't this young (I only mean when it was nap/bedtime & I knew there wasn't another reason for it) xxx

I cant leave her to scream really, im too soft and hate her upset.

Pichi - the lamp thing sounds like a plan, Im going to order one of those prince slumber bear thingys too lol

trying to sort out multi car insurance out - Iv been driving 6 yrs and the ccheapest i can get is 1206 for 1 car! bloody rip off and we can get multi car for 1300 but paying monthly wacks it up by 700 quid! they have u by the balls as you need it!

ooo we got one of those bears for xmas :) i hope she settles for you soon hun.

woah! where are you going for insurance? my insurance on my own is only £240 fully comp!

My cousin had her baby this morning, a baby boy she named Bentlee Trent. This is the cousin who's husband died on the 19th. She's happy Bentlee is here, but its a bitter sweet moment for her. I cant imagine going through everything she's going through right now.

pichi - admiril is the cheapest we can get ! :( the manchester area is high insurance because of the m60 x

Amber's 8 week check thingy went well...I fed her through her immunisations, she cried out for all of 30 seconds, then went back to feeding :happydance:

can i join here? :)
i'm lois, 18, my little boy was born 30th november, 5 days overdue, & he is called Shaun

look forward to talking to new people, i normally hang out in teen parenting

xx

Hey ladies, sorry long time not type lol. My computer decided to crash on me. :( i was pissed. I hope everyone is doing well and had a nice holiday! :D

AFM, I am suffering from ppd so i am now on antidepressants along with my milk supply has gone to nothing so I am now on a medicine that is originally used as gastrointestinal stimulant to try and boost my supply. I had my IUD inserted as well. As for Maddy she still isnt gaining weight like she should so im giving her 2 oz of formula until my milk starts coming back in. On another note we have my stepson with us for the holidays!!! :D I love it, and taking care of two kids is interesting at times but we are doing ok, especially since we have help. Also my husband got laid off of work. Its horrible especially since we have no income, thankfully my parents have said until my hubby gets a job we can just clean the house and help out that way. i was thinking of getting a job, but my mom doesnt want me to, she wants me to focus on breastfeeding. Well again, hope all is well with you ladies!

XX

Hi Lois,

Welcome to the thread. My baby girl was due on the 30th Nov but I went 3 days over.

Megan has not slept at all today - been able to get nothing done! grr she still isnt well. Can't wait until her cold has disappeared!

Gossipgirl - have you tried a glowbug in her crib, when Leo wakes in the night after his feed i put it on and he goes back to sleep, if he wakes again quickly we put it back on and he goes back down. My first son was the same as Libby so i know hows frustrating it is so i hope she gets better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->