~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

i wouldnt say we didnt pay for it... we just dont feel it as it comes out in our monthly tax so much cheaper over here x

I can't even go to the doctor because I have no medical coverage at all. When I was pregnant I qualified for medicaid which is free, but since I am no longer pregnant I don't qualify on my own and so I have no coverage at all. I can't afford even the cheapest of medical insurance because we just can't afford it. OH gets coverage through his job and pays from each paycheck automatically so we never see that money for his coverage and so its not as hard on us for his coverage. My children qualify for medicaid right now as you are eligible for medicaid in your first year of life and as a family of 4 we don't make enough for our children not to get medicaid so they are fine. But as for me? Nope, I am screwed. Only thing that gets paid for, for me is my birth control and gyno visits for yearly pap smears.

We have to pay national insurance and tax though so NHS isnt completely free! mind you suppose it is to the slackers on benefits who cant be bothered to work!

I am grateful for the NHS though! How much do you have to pay per month for medical insurance in the US?

I went to breastfeeding club today and explained to the HV that last night my boobs felt really hot and my nipples itched like mad. She said it sounded like thrush and i should make an appt with the gp.

Anyway i had to go drop Megans registration forms off at the surgery anyway so i asked to book an appt and they said dr cole (male) could see me straight away.

He checked me out and said i was fine he thinks my boobs are still just trying to adjust.

then he checked Megans mouth and said he thinks she has it, so he prescribed some gel that we have to use for a week! poor baby!

My boobs are doing my head in tho, my bra and the breast pads irritate them so much! :(

The cheapest quote I could find was $45.12 a month with a $10,000 deductible and prescriptions are not covered.

Evening ladies :flower:

Bartness that totally blows :(

Well I got to mu car this moninrg to find some fucker had broken into it. Funny thing is I must have left it unlocked cos they just opened the doors and boot. They emptied my glove compartment but sadly were faced with some empty urine pots (unused) and a load of CT belts. Nothing to steal at all :haha: Well my buggy was in the boot but thy didnt think to take that!!

Bought some clothes for myself finally. Not much just a few bits :) Got Evan's Jumperoo :wohoo: and some sale clothes for him and some Annabelle Karmen weening books :)

Last night was better in the sense Evan went to sleep but he woke up 3 times then we had inconsolable crying until 3am unless he was being held :dohh:

See how we go tonight :)

Gemma thanks for your message :hugs:

my baby had her jabs today...it was horrible. i cried my eyes out but definitely recommend to all women who are breastfeeding and havent had their jabs yet to feed their LOs through it. I cried more than Rpahaëlle did :dohh:
She's been a bit grizzly and has a temp now, and just as we were getting the hang of this bedtime routine :growlmad:

my baby had her jabs today...it was horrible. i cried my eyes out but definitely recommend to all women who are breastfeeding and havent had their jabs yet to feed their LOs through it. I cried more than Rpahaëlle did :dohh:
She's been a bit grizzly and has a temp now, and just as we were getting the hang of this bedtime routine :growlmad:

:hugs:
I was so bad when Shaun had his heel prick test, and that's nothing compared to the injections. NOT looking forward to it. In fact, I think i'll try and get my OH to take S for his jabs, I couldn't bare to see that :cry:

I went to breastfeeding club today and explained to the HV that last night my boobs felt really hot and my nipples itched like mad. She said it sounded like thrush and i should make an appt with the gp.

Anyway i had to go drop Megans registration forms off at the surgery anyway so i asked to book an appt and they said dr cole (male) could see me straight away.

He checked me out and said i was fine he thinks my boobs are still just trying to adjust.

then he checked Megans mouth and said he thinks she has it, so he prescribed some gel that we have to use for a week! poor baby!

My boobs are doing my head in tho, my bra and the breast pads irritate them so much! :(

I hear ya, imagine the irritation i get here in nearly 40 degrees.....yuck!! :hugs:

I hate feeding in the heat, its so sweaty and uncomftable....

OH and I chatted about money. He's going to help me pay the medical bills from Jaxon's birth...thank goodness.

I've tried to keep Jaxon up, but he crashed at 830 tonight. Hopefully he sleeps through the night. I dont want to get up at 4am.

does anyone know what benefits i would be entitled to? Grace is nine weeks now and i havent applied for anything yet :wacko:

ive just filled in my child benefit form so will post it off today.

I work 27 hours per week but im obviously on mat leave at the minute.
my husband works about 40 hours a week.

am i entitled to anything other than child benefit?? I havent a clue about this stuff.

tax credits? child tax credits? Im not sure in NI, is it any difference?

:hi: all - well libby went to bed at 8 lasted 5 mins and came back down wide awake even though she was shattered and had bags under her eyes. After a screaming bout which ended up with me in tears and when my mam rang me I ended up shouting at her down the phone as she told me to put her down lol f*ck off I do but im not leaving her screaming like that and she sleeps on her tummy and searches for dummy - so I let her sufficate herself.. is kinda what i shouted at her lol I rang to apologise though, she understood it was just stress. We then had a happy smiley girl until 11pm when I took her up in a dark room and she went to sleep on me and I put her down and she woke at 5.30am had a bottle and came in bed for cuddles till 9. I got her washed, dressed she had a bottle and we had some play time and she has gone to sleep on me, im gonna try and get a shower soon, I have managed a cuppa and some cereal.

She is takin about 5 oz every 4 hours now - sometimes 6 tbh what are other ff babies taking? Im getting her weighed today, cant wait!

How did everyone else do last night?

right im going to try and get a shower... toodles x

:hi: all - well libby went to bed at 8 lasted 5 mins and came back down wide awake even though she was shattered and had bags under her eyes. After a screaming bout which ended up with me in tears and when my mam rang me I ended up shouting at her down the phone as she told me to put her down lol f*ck off I do but im not leaving her screaming like that and she sleeps on her tummy and searches for dummy - so I let her sufficate herself.. is kinda what i shouted at her lol I rang to apologise though, she understood it was just stress. We then had a happy smiley girl until 11pm when I took her up in a dark room and she went to sleep on me and I put her down and she woke at 5.30am had a bottle and came in bed for cuddles till 9. I got her washed, dressed she had a bottle and we had some play time and she has gone to sleep on me, im gonna try and get a shower soon, I have managed a cuppa and some cereal.

She is takin about 5 oz every 4 hours now - sometimes 6 tbh what are other ff babies taking? Im getting her weighed today, cant wait!

How did everyone else do last night?

right im going to try and get a shower... toodles x

In answer to your FF question, my son is taking 5oz every 4 hours, and he is a month and one week. Sometimes he wont finish the whole bottle, and sometimes he'll only have 3 hours in between a feed instead of 4, but thats normally in the morning after he's had a long sleep :)
x

Jaxon takes anything from between 3 to 6 oz's each feeding. Some days its every four hours, some days its earlier, and some days its later. We just let him tell us when he's hungry (he's got a specific cry when hungry, versus when wet). He's been sleeping through night though! Third night in a row I woke up to my alarm clock! He'll go to bed between 930-1130 and sleep till 530 or 630!!

NI is the same as here regarding benefits :)

It depends on your salary but apply for tax credits as you might be entitled do something x

Gemma I have been putting Evan to bed by half 9 every night this week. It hasn't been successful :haha: Last night he kept going off in my arms as soon as I put him down he cried! I was tired and couldn't be arsed to stay up fighting his sleep til whatever time so he slept on me at about 1am and woke up at 7 :)

I have new clothes today. A new denim skirt and a purple and black stripey top. I feel soo much better in nice clothed indtead of sick covered joggers :haha: I won't mention the size though :D

Sophie-how rubbish about your car, did they do any damage? Bet they thought it was weird that you keep urine pots in your glovebox! :haha:
GG-Erin takes 3.5-4 oz every 3hrs although she'll go 5 hours at night, she was weighed yesterday and is 10lb 14oz :shock: little piglet!
We have the jabs appt on Monday, not looking forward to it at all :cry:
Just filling in the form for tax credits now, going to pop into work later to get all the other details. It's only a 3 min walk away and easier than trying to track down the paperwork I need!
Erin's sleeping has settled down a bit, last night she went down after a bath and bottle at 8pm then woke at 1 and 5am for feeds. We got up at 9.30 which was really good-the last few nights she'd been awake every 2hrs or so which combined with my cold made a very tired mummy :sleep:

Madelyn takes 4oz every 3 hours, she usually goes from 7pm or 10pm until between 4-7am at night without. Depending on what time we go to bed. Last night she went from 7pm to 5am without a feed so it was a an ok night. If I didn't have to get up and replace the pacifier all the time it would be better lol.

So car needs a new engine ... :( Will probably cost around $2500.00 to get the car fixed. Dealership we are buying it from is going to charge labor but at a cheaper rate I guess. When we first bought the car they said they wouldn't charge labor just for the parts but apparently that changes once you need a new engine. :shrug: Jerks. The engine alone is $1800 or so they said. Honestly if income tax time wasn't coming up I would be so stressed out. But I know that once income taxes come we will get everything caught back up and be ok after that.

I have to go talk to landlord today and ask if we can pay rent next week. I know we get a $50 late fee but don't want to get an eviction notice! I can't even afford my rent! :(

Dealership said something about having $500 for them before they will fix the car. If thats the case then we aren't going to have a car for a while. I hope they will give us a break as we have 2 babies and really need a car. I have no food hardly at all and no way to the store unless I walk. My grandma is coming Monday to take me to take Madelyn to doctors for shots and check-up so if we can hold out till then ...

:cry: Ugh I am just not in a good place right now!! Went from $600 checks from OHs work to $350 checks because his busy season is over so no more overtime, then this stuff happens with the car & its just all too much for me. I am having to choose to pay some bills over other bills and I can't pay rent on time & its just ... blah.

I am done going on and on about my problems now.

grace is taking around 4-5ozs every 4 hours but 6 hours at night. got her weighed last week and....wait for it....shes 12lb 5oz :wacko:. our wee chubby cheeks :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->