~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

You got a right little wriggler lol!!

He didn't fancy the water so he's having booby instead :) he is going 3-4 hours in the day and 4-5 at night :) I am so proud of him having a decent night! But he stole my side of the bed! May have been s fluke shall see tonight :) I was considering putting his cot in my room (my flat is Edwardian conversion with stupidly big rooms!) but haven't had the matress delivered yet. Ooh my mum bought it cos she bought my sis cotbeds and matresses for the twins so felt obliged to buy Evans matress! It's john lewis sprung one, about £80 so not super expensive!

I'll post piccies of it all when I've made it homely :)

I'm annoyed I put evan in a teacksuit I thought was 3-6 but it's next up to 3 so trousers are getting short :dohh: have u guys got too many clothes for your babies?? :haha:

pichi - this is not answering your question, but cot bumpers arnt recommended anyway, but im not sure I remember why?? I think I might find out before I put her in as there is one on her cot x

yeh its a suffocation risk. Sids org recommends no bumpers, toys etc.

But these are cool, and safe

https://airwrap.com.au/ :thumbup:

Sophie, I have had to pack away clothes still with the labels on that Amber grew out of and never wore :nope: what a waste!!!

I have too many clothes between both my kids. They have to share a closet & it is a mess! Last night was a bad night with Madelyn. Ugh, it was mainly because she just didn't want to sleep then would cry and so on. :(

Joseph has become my big helper lol. If Madelyn is crying he will grab her paci and try to put it in her mouth, as well as if her empty bottle is in reach he will try to put that in her mouth as well lol. And the second she starts crying he is right by her side lol. Very cute.

I am so jealous of you that have got their babies into a routine and have YOU time. The only ME time I get is when I am in the shower or on the loo. George has no feeding routine, its still on demand and he is very demanding, lol. It would be bliss to be able to put him down to sleep so I can have some baby free time, but he refuses to sleep in his crib during the day or night. I think he is taking this attachment parenting malarkey a bit too far :haha:

George has his crib in our room and he has so much room in there that unless he starts climbing early, I think he will still fit in there until he is about 5-6 months old, not that it makes much difference as he only goes in it to watch his mobile while I do my hair in the morning! We have not bought him a cot yet, sometimes I wonder if there is any point but then I need to be able to put him somewhere secure while I have a wee :haha:

Dani, that Eastie story line has made me paranoid too, especially as we co-sleep but saying that, I like it that he is within checking distance at all times.

Doesn't the SIDS guidelines say that babies should be in your room at night up until they are 6 months old? It is something to do with your breathing helps to regulate theirs. I think all day time naps are meant to be in the same room as you too.

Sophie, good luck with your move back home. I am sure you and Evan will soon get into a little routine of it being just the two of you. Its exciting!

George has a pile of clothes he no longer fits in, mostly tiny baby sizes as he still fits in all his newborn clothes. Saying that I tried a little outfit on him this morning and it still drowned him. I am getting bored of these outfits now, I want him to fit in all his new 0-3 month clothes :rofl:

Kala, how cute is your little helper! Bless him.

It really is too cute :haha:. He always tries to stick his cars & his sippy cup in her mouth as well lol. And he pats her tummy and drives his cars on her :haha:. But he has gotten a lot more curious and loves being next to her, he is just a bit too rough at times so its still scary for mom and dad.

cocobelle - we had a crib too - still plenty of room in there but she moves far too much

Pixie still fits in some of her newborn clothes still :) got a piccie of her in her wee hello kitty dress and tights - will have to upload.

i also got our M&P swing swapped for a newer version so i hope it works...

ALSO... i just picked out my engagement ring :happydance: it's sparkly

Dani, that Eastie story line has made me paranoid too, especially as we co-sleep but saying that, I like it that he is within checking distance at all times.

Doesn't the SIDS guidelines say that babies should be in your room at night up until they are 6 months old? It is something to do with your breathing helps to regulate theirs. I think all day time naps are meant to be in the same room as you too.

:thumbup: I have read this advice too!!

To the ladies who ff:

Would you move up your LO's oz if they were crying when you took the bottle away but stopped crying once you put the pacifier/dummy in their mouth?

Silas...once a FF baby completely empties 3 bottles in a row then you need to increase the amount offered by an ounce.

i tap the side of her mouth after she finnished the bottle

You&Me - Thanks. I haven't been doing that, she has been draining 4oz bottles since she started drinking them. :wacko: My poor babes is probably starving. Of course, she is fine once I give her the pacifier and is content after that but idk. Guess i'll try 5oz and see how she does.

I am really annoyed! I ordered evan some nice clothes in the debenhams sale on boxng day but was still waiting for it. Turns out some wanker signed for it in new years eve. I'm so pissed off. Was only a tshirt, some boots and a hoodie. But that's not the point!! It was a few designer bits thar were really cheap in the sale :(

evan is currenly pooing while feeding. Hate to see the state of thus nappy in a mo :haha:

Wow Sophie, how does that happen exactly? I mean, were you not home or was it not delivered to the right address or something?

I didnt know they had to nap in same room? Iv been putting her in her moses basket for ages as she is such a light sleeper.. oopsy

I have no me time, she is not napping through the day and so overtired I think she must just be over stimulated lol x

I assume it was delivered to the wrong address! If my neighbours had signed for it they would have given it to me by now :(

I didnt know they had to nap in same room? Iv been putting her in her moses basket for ages as she is such a light sleeper.. oopsy

I have no me time, she is not napping through the day and so overtired I think she must just be over stimulated lol x

Evan naps in his swing in the lounge but I am not always in there. It is just a guide. I will put Evan down in my room in the flat hopefully. Although we are on one floor so not so bad as a house I guess.

mine is a teeny 2 up 2 down house so I can practically hear her breath :haha:

me and hubby just had a huge argument, said I do everything and when she cries take her off him and ask him if he wants to feed her ect as if he needs permission.. im her mother for gods sake when she is upset I want to comfort her and I do everything else im just so used to doing things myself, am I being a control freak :shrug:

GG - It doesn't sound like you are being a control freak. I mean, asking if he wants to feed her seems like a pretty regular question, so how is that acting like he needs permission? As for taking her from him when she cries, perhaps don't do that anymore. He will eventually either give her to you because he cant console her or he will get her to stop crying.

he has given her a bath finally after he told me to do it - cutting off his nose to spite his face! and is now upstairs putting her to bed doing nothing I told him to do.. he is talking, eye contact grrr! Its me who gets up in the night! fair enough he might do one feed on a weekend !

I shouldnt moan that he wants to help, but i feel like all my hell all day in trying to get her down and not fall asleep on is is just wasted x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->