~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

AM - that must be annoying having ur mum interfere all the time! Hope Evan starts sleeping better for u soon.

Hinky binky - My daughter is BF and usually goes 4 hrs between feeds.....overnight that could sometimes increase to 5-6 hrs and last night she slept right through the night for the first time x

So far my night has gone a little something like this...

9.15- evan goes straight into crib asleep
10.00- evan wakes 20 mins to sort out wind. Leave him in middle of my bed to sleep. Falls asleep.
11.00- has grisled on/off but asleep for over an hour. Dose of gavisvon given.
11.50- wakes up as last feed was 8.30pm.
4.40- wakes for feed.

I fully expect evan to sleep until 8 at the earliest.

So this is so far a very successful nights sleep for evan. Not perfect but he is going down and settling himself :)

so I'm pretty pissed off with myself for stooping the gavisvon as that's obviously what problem was. He was still in pain :(

Thats great dont be too hard on urself. Being a mum is very much trial and error, youre doing a great job hunni xoxox

Hinky binky - My daughter is BF and usually goes 4 hrs between feeds.....overnight that could sometimes increase to 5-6 hrs and last night she slept right through the night for the first time x

Congrats on the sleeping through! Let us know if it continues :happydance:

Did she always go 4 hours or has it been a gradual increase? I am tempted to try to hold him off feeding for 15 mins, the 30, 45 etc until we get to 4 hours, but I won't bother if he will eventually do it on his own. TBH I am fine with him feeding 3-hourly during the day as long as he starts sleeping a bit longer at night soon - he goes 4h at the most, two 5 or 6hr stretches would be fine!

Does it follow that longer intervals during the day = longer at night? :wacko:

So far my night has gone a little something like this...

9.15- evan goes straight into crib asleep
10.00- evan wakes 20 mins to sort out wind. Leave him in middle of my bed to sleep. Falls asleep.
11.00- has grisled on/off but asleep for over an hour. Dose of gavisvon given.
11.50- wakes up as last feed was 8.30pm.
4.40- wakes for feed.

I fully expect evan to sleep until 8 at the earliest.

So this is so far a very successful nights sleep for evan. Not perfect but he is going down and settling himself :)

so I'm pretty pissed off with myself for stooping the gavisvon as that's obviously what problem was. He was still in pain :(

Poor Evan. So hard to know what the problem is, isn't it. I've been feeding Stanley when he wakes screaming at 4am (2 hours after last feed). This morning instead of feeding I got him up, cuddled him and rubbed his tummy - he promptly did half a dozen big painful farts and fell asleep with a smile on his face. If only I'd known... :wacko:

You are doing a brill job and it will be so much easier when you don't have your mum and step-dad stepping in to 'help'! My mum is the same but at least I can go home :winkwink:

i think they naturally get themselves into a 4 hour routine HinkyBinky but don't quote me on that :haha:

random question here but - would anyone be able to tell me if the cot bumpers in the US would fit UK cotbeds? i've went and ordered Hello Kitty cot bedding and THEN (yes stupid me) it dawned on me it might not fit! there is a 5cm difference i think for the sheet... not sure about the bed skirt and the bumper is an all around so that shouldn't be so bad size wise...

:dohh: stupid baby brain

well pixie you inspired me to get the tracy hogg book back out and im actually going to read it... I started writing things down from her 1.30am feed last night (which she usually doesnt do! I new her going to sleep earlier would have that affect I need to give her a dream feed about 11 to ensure a successful full nights sleep, I will keep writing things down and trying to see a pattern, she is currently in her sleep time now so im having me time.. she has gone in her basket which is usally a nightmare to do as she hates being put down. Iv decided once this damn cold goes and she can breathe properly she is going in her cot, oh can come bk into bed and I can settle her better in her own room in the dark, il just feed her in my squeeky nursing chair lol (note to self: need some wd40)

well done soph and dont worry about the gaviscon like someone said, its trail and error, Libby still doesnt seem to happy with something I just dunno what :shrug: but i dont want to change anything and make things worse. Also I feel for you with regards to your mum, mine would be exactly the same and is when I go up (dan hates it) and my stepdad also thinks he is the baby whisperer and always tells me what i should be doing - I shouted at him last time I was there because he kept telling me to put her down and I said I do and she wakes up and then he had her and she fell asleep on him and he put her on the couch and I walked in and shouted "You are just doing that to prove a point, its my baby butt out" haha You will better on your own and going by your and evans own routine, its scary at first and it never is really easy but mothering instincts kick in. I can now say that Im finding it harder to get on bnb - fb is fine as I have it on my phone but bnb is naff on a blackberry and I cba finding the passcode for the wireless for my ipod touch lol. She is more awake now and alert and its lovely that we can play now and she interacts back with me not just me chatting to her all the time but it means the time Iv got for myself I need to sort out my basic needs but today is fine as im not getting dressed as im not going anywhere..

we didnt have the greatest of nights but I seem to have good night, bad night and so forth, just need to find out whats happening for the bad night to happen x

sorry for epic post haha x

pichi - this is not answering your question, but cot bumpers arnt recommended anyway, but im not sure I remember why?? I think I might find out before I put her in as there is one on her cot x

He woke up around 8 :happydance: Then fed and dozed on me till half 9 when we got up. I changed him and projectile vommed on the changing mat :( I gave him some gaviscon and he sicked some of that up but he seems very contented this morning (he did a huge burp too without my help!!)

next problem is he is constipated as that gaviscon does that (which is why I weaned him off in the first place) I said this to dr yesterday but he just said to give him cooled boiled water. He hasn't poo'd since before his 8.30 feed last night and has blatently been straining :( I guess the reflux is more of a problem though so need to live with it. I may see if I can get renatidine at my normal dr's back home though.

I am so excited about moving back home. I may need you ladies more than ever so be prepared for Miss. Paranoid :)

Thanks for the support, it all really helps. One day I hope we get to meet up (Yes Gemma I mean you!!!) And Shan if I ever find myself in South Oz I'll give you a shout :) x x

I think I read somewhere it is to do with a suffocation aspect?

i have to have one on her cot - just at the bottom where her feet are because otherwise she jams her feet through and then moans that she's stuck lol. also, it blocks out any light getting into her cot from the wee lights we have on our bedside tables so she can drift off.

they say put feet to the foot of the cot to stop them wiggling down - this monkey wiggles all the way up to the top! lol she sort of commando crawls :haha:

AM: sorry your mum is being a pain - at least you'll be home soon :) if the wee man is getting constipated have you tried him on a wee bit of cooled boiled water? i hear that can help. to get Pixie 'going' i give her a slow tummy rub...

saying that the last time i done that she managed to project a poop through my hand holding the nappy and slap the bookshelf! (tmi) :rofl:

ooohhh I forgot u will have her cot in your room till u find a house! damnit see libby will be going in her own room, what do u think? Im so aprehensive with her tummy sleeping x

i think it all depends on what you are comfy with hun. do you have a sensor mat? and how far is Libbys room from your own? Some people put their little ones in their own room from the day they are born so i personally don't see how it would be a problem if Libby is comfortable enough. maybe for the first few nights you could stay in her room with her to see how she is?

I have a bumper in Evan's crib. But as he rarely sleeps in it it doesn't bother me. He has started rolling on his side and into the side of the crib, but he gets arms jammed in the sides so also need it :haha:

Pichi, can you put Pixie in a sleeping bag to stop he legs jamming through the bars?

Evan some cooled water now :) Dr said 2oz does that sound right? He is due a feed in the next hour.

I love my mum to death, she has been amazing from day one. I am lucky she has only begun to be a pain in the last week :haha:

Just spoke to new HV in Hastings they are coming to visit me and I have to go to baby clinic on thursday to get him weighed. Has been nearly a month but I missed baby clinic here cos of Christmas. I do not think his gain is going to be as much this time. He doesn't feel like he has really porked up too much in the last 3 weeks. He should be around 12/13lbs but doesn't feel it. I may plop him on our scales here :haha:

Our bedroom would be really tight for space with the full size cot in it...and I think in the next week Amber will be out of her moses basket...so until she is 6 months we are going to keep her in our room but use the travel cot, which is a bit smaller, then at 6 months she will go into the big cot in her own room.

That Eastenders story line is making me bloody paranoid, Amber has started sleeping through the night again, but I am forever waking up and laying there in the dark listening for her breathing, so if we put her in her own room; I would be up and down all night like a yoyo!! :haha:

AM: yeah i think 2oz is enough to get his little poops going :haha:

Pixie does sleep in a sleeping bag on the colder nights but the little Madame then wiggles off to stick her arms in the spars lol. she used to wiggle right under her cot mobile :dohh:

Congrats on the sleeping through! Let us know if it continues :happydance:

Did she always go 4 hours or has it been a gradual increase? I am tempted to try to hold him off feeding for 15 mins, the 30, 45 etc until we get to 4 hours, but I won't bother if he will eventually do it on his own. TBH I am fine with him feeding 3-hourly during the day as long as he starts sleeping a bit longer at night soon - he goes 4h at the most, two 5 or 6hr stretches would be fine!

Does it follow that longer intervals during the day = longer at night? :wacko:

She has always slept in 4 hour+ blocks at night, when she was newborn she slept 3-4 hr blocks during the day, but now she just has little naps...30 mins to an hour.

I started a routine tho at the beginning of the week as she was going down to sleep for the night after midnight so wanted to bring that forward.

Will leave at 9pm for a while then gradually bring it forward.

Elleah sometimes feeds 3-4 hourly during the day too. esp when its hot!!! But yeh she always has? x Im sure he will settle into his own routine

He woke up around 8 :happydance: Then fed and dozed on me till half 9 when we got up. I changed him and projectile vommed on the changing mat :( I gave him some gaviscon and he sicked some of that up but he seems very contented this morning (he did a huge burp too without my help!!)

next problem is he is constipated as that gaviscon does that (which is why I weaned him off in the first place) I said this to dr yesterday but he just said to give him cooled boiled water. He hasn't poo'd since before his 8.30 feed last night and has blatently been straining :( I guess the reflux is more of a problem though so need to live with it. I may see if I can get renatidine at my normal dr's back home though.

I am so excited about moving back home. I may need you ladies more than ever so be prepared for Miss. Paranoid :)

Thanks for the support, it all really helps. One day I hope we get to meet up (Yes Gemma I mean you!!!) And Shan if I ever find myself in South Oz I'll give you a shout :) x x

Do it!! That would be cool :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->