~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

I started a log Kalah but shall have a look at this site :)

Dani, I am surprisingly ok, but I guess because it is still 6 months away! Also it is a case of needs must. Even if I had a rich partner and didn't have to work I love my job. Ideally I'd like to go part time but I can't work the finances out to see if it is worthwhile for September (4 days) but am deffo gonna ask for September 2012 when my salary will be about 4 grand more than now :)

On an expensive month it is gonna be £790 :D So I get what 70% (ish) of that paid, also they continue to pay through school holidays although I have to pay 50% retention I think it will work out over the year plus I put some towards it myself.

The baby room looked nice, although I have nothing to compare it to. I was a big room with baby toys everywhere and the babies where just playing :) They have a sleeping area with cots and baskets (so kids can get up when they want)

It is also next to my school so he will be close by and I can pop in if he is having a bad day etc :)

But yeah it kinda sucks x

Evening all :wave:

Glad to see everyone is ok :) I have absolutley no news :haha:

Georgie, is lovely, still won't flipping go down for naps anywhere but on me but hey ho, they are only babes for such a short time.

Kala, hope you get things sorted with your landlord.

Sophie, I can't believe how quickly the end of all our maternity leave is coming round. I did plan to go back in July but I may end up taking the whole year off.

Dani, hope you have a lovely mummy and Reagan night out. Sounds fab!

I need to start using my pump again. I gave up as it was depressing me getting nothing out but now that my supply is better, I should try again.

OOOOh, I do have news, George weighs 9lb exactly :happydance: but still a little dot bless him.

Forgot to say Evan Rolled over form his back to his front :wohoo:

I never used to do tummy time cos he hated it, but he is putting up with it for a few minutes. HB gave me a tummy time mat that Stanley doesn't use so I put him on that and he rolled. YAY!!!!! He is nowhere near attempting to roll back to front though!

I tried to get him to do it again to see if it was a fluke but he wouldn't do it again and was tired so started crying :haha:

Glad you got nursery all sorted is a big relief when you knwo where your LO going. Can't believe how much childcare costs, my other 2 went to my mum n dad so first time I have had to find a childminder.

I worked it out today. A full month which is 22 days is nearly £800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a Dr Brown's Bottle today to give it a go, does anyone use them? I was really impressed. Leaked at first but once I screwed the top on right we were good to go :) He seemed to latch on to it much better than TT bottle, maybe it is more booby shaped I dunno. It also didn't sound like he was sucking tons of air for once, all I could hear was him gulping the milk :)

I didn't get any wind up though, god I tried. He's happily gone to sleep now :)

AM--I use the doc. Browns for Jaxon. They work great, Jaxon has only ever spit up 3 times and he hardly ever needs to be burped after eating.

He's a crabby little bugger today. have him in hs swing now and he's fussing up a storm, only happy when Im holding him...so not like him.

Oh and Jaxon goes to my cousins house for daycare, while I work. We are paying her $400 a month.

I have just got back from the panto...and DH has put Amber to bed...I asked how much milk she took; he gave her a 6oz bottle...then she took another 4ozs...10ozs in total :wacko: what is that about??

Normally she cluster feeds from me of an evening, and because I wasn't here I wonder if she was making up for that with the bottles?

I have visions of my baby going pop in the night!! :haha:

Jaxon has been uber weird today. I've never heard him scream so much in his life, and he's been eating a ton! If he's not eating, he is sleeping, and if he's not eating or sleeping he is screaming! Could this be b/c he's going through a growth spurt? I feel so bad for him, he seems miserable. I checked his temp and its normal, so he doesnt have a fever.

I have a baby who seems to sleep all nigtht, I cant complain though only I can about
william who still dosnt sleep all night. Every baby really is different! Alex has gone back to sleep now and William is poking me for a feed and wont eat his breakfast as usual.

hv coming on monday, not seen her in weeks she never came near me or sent any one else like she said. I had to call her to ask what she was at. So I can get Alex weighed then to,. he seems sensitive to foods I eat though. Hey I am sensitive and farting away to foods I eat so he seems the same.

my mums still under the impression my son has timed feeds, bitched about me not going to shopping centre and leaving him here and asked what times he gets fed,. weird concept to me as I never went by a clock just when they wanted it. When hes a few months old he will fit himself into feeding times like william done and i was able to predict when he wanted it.

I worked it out today. A full month which is 22 days is nearly £800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is mental. Although I guess nobody really pays that, do they? Is the government contribution means tested?

I looked into my mum registering as a childminder as we are going to be paying her to look after Stanley when I go back to work. Apparently she can't do that if she is only going to be looking after a member of her own family. So we will pay her as our nanny and I won't get any contributions :cry:

We are going to be mega skint when I go back. It's a bit depressing really. My husband pays over £300 a month to travel 2 hours to London for his job, so he doesn't have a lot left over once the bills are paid. Fingers crossed he finds something a bit nearer soon.

Am trying not to think about it as we are lucky to both have jobs really.

I remember jusr over £800 was all I got in a full time job when I worked. Few years ago. Now last time i worked it was £1000 and that was a good wage. wouldnt even cover child care, rent, food and bills. i dont knwo how the hell people charge so much and expect you to be able to afford that and to live? you would be working to keep your child in care nothing else, rest is spare change. And they wonder why so many dont work! least you can have food on your table if you dont work. I know that sounds so shit but thats how it is. I had to live on crap when I was working and often went hungry.

i'm really not looking forward to going back to work but unfortunately i have to. Pixie will get looked after by either my mum or my OH's mum so it's not so bad

im going back to you uni in september :( it means moving back into my mums with lib and dan is going to travel up every wknd and we will travel down to him in holidays. Its a full time heavy course and i will do 12hr shifts on some placements :( my cousin is going to watch her with help from mum and brother and dan if i work wknds, just gotta think about the future xx

That is mental. Although I guess nobody really pays that, do they? Is the government contribution means tested?

I looked into my mum registering as a childminder as we are going to be paying her to look after Stanley when I go back to work. Apparently she can't do that if she is only going to be looking after a member of her own family. So we will pay her as our nanny and I won't get any contributions :cry:

We are going to be mega skint when I go back. It's a bit depressing really. My husband pays over £300 a month to travel 2 hours to London for his job, so he doesn't have a lot left over once the bills are paid. Fingers crossed he finds something a bit nearer soon.

Am trying not to think about it as we are lucky to both have jobs really.

It is means tested yeah :) The govt pay up to 80% (changing to 70% I think) I dunno how much my earnings will affect the contribution i get. Although the next 3 years will be fairly low (under 20grand) due to mat leave etc, then I will probs be part time anyway. Then he should be entitled to 12.5 hours per week. Although our babies can't get that until Sept 2014 or something stupid!!

As you say HB we will all just be skint. But hey its not like I am going out all the time anyway! as long as bills are paid and we are both fed and clothed what does it matter :)

I put Evan in his football kit today. We were on TV so thought I'd dress him in it as we watched :haha:

Attachments

• Evan in a palace kit.jpg
    Evan in a palace kit.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2
AM, he is so cute! What team is it? I don't really 'do' football, much more of a rugby fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->