~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

everyone i know that has a jumperoo for their kiddies have recommended one. .. thats why we got pixie the ocean wonders one :)

So they can use them at the age they are now?...just not for very long??

What weight are you able to use them up til/or age?

A woman has just offered me the rainforest one for £50, but it looks pretty bare to me :wacko: I want the ones I have seen with lotsa goodies on them to play with :haha:

if you want a new one you could get the ocean adventures one for £59 from toys r us :)

you put them in the jumperoo typically when they're about 4 months? my friends little one loves theirs :)

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Toys/Entertainers/Ocean-Wonders-Jumperoo(0077291)
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/medias/sys_master/8610675250937664.jpg

Here is Evan in his :) What do u mean bare?

Attachments

• jumperoo.jpg
    jumperoo.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 8
Than ks Pichi, I may just go for that :thumbup:

Sophie, the pictures she had posted it didn't look like it had as much on as Evan's one, so I questioned it :haha: she then put more pictures up which showed it in a better light.

But if I can get a brand new one for only £10 more I think I will go with that option!!

Blimey, that is a good price in the sale, just looked at it...they are out of stock for delivery though :nope: so may have to ring my local store tomorrow to see if they have it.

ring up your store hun. i done that for a crib bumper set and they got one transferred from Aberdeen for me :) it looks funky up and built :)

Hi ladies :wave:

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend :)

This site costs me money! I have now ordered a Bumbo as they are on offer in Mothercare and I thought I best order one now as I bet they will have gone back up by the time Georgie is old enough to go in one, and now I have seen that Jumperoo ............ But its a monstrosity :haha: where on earth do you put something like that? Our house is in danger of turning into a Kids Zone what with his giant playmat & gym, swing, bouncy chair and what not! I need a bigger house!

Georgie gives us the most beautiful big gummy smiles. The best ones he reserves for me first thing in the morning and mid feed he always breaks off to give me some lovely smiles. No giggles yet but once or twice it has looked like he was going too. He loves chatting to his crib mobile and toys. He holds his head up quite well, with just the odd wobbly moment and is very strong on his little legs, he can kick quite hard too, especially when he thinks boobie isn't dishing out quick enough :rofl:

I still love BF and I am so pleased I stuck at it but it does mean that we have no routine what so ever going on and it is starting to get to me a little. Night time is fine, Georgie feeds every three hours and I am happy with that as I barely wake for him to latch on but during the day and evening he is on me all the time with just short breaks where he is happy to play, I really really need to try ad get his feeding pattern more regular and to get him down in the day.

We said at 3 months we would start putting in place a gentle night time routine (bath, his one bottle of the night, story maybe?) what do you all do and what time seems to work best for you?

I also so far have only bathed Georgie with hubby but if we want to start an earlier routine, one of us will really need to bath him alone while teh other sorts out diner or what ever. Does anyone use any bath aids to make bathing baby alone easier? So you can use both hands?

We have a busy week this week with three baby groups to go to plus a Buggy Fit type thing (if it doesn't rain). Georgie will most properly sleep through all of them, like he usually does :rofl:

X

Hey Jo. Well I've had it with breastfeeding!! Tomorrow I am going to FF and express anyway. See if Evan is different. He's been crying for the last 90 mins. He's fed, winded, changed and well tired but nothing I do settles him. I'm sick of it and bf is part of that. He is randomly feeding now so I have no idea how bloody hungry he is!!

Thik my time is up. Ive had no issues and enjoy doing it and it is convinient, but I can't stand the babyled on demand anymore, I done it for nearly 3 months.

Cos I can't give him to OH its me to deal with all the crying and I can't bare it anymore.

:hugs: Sophie.

Thanks Pichi, I am gonna call them tomorrow.

:wave: Hiya Jo!! Glad things are going okay...we are still pretty much baby led during the day, but her bedtime routine is:
9pm, bath (I normally do this on my own, think hubby has only done it once :dohh:...but Amber won't settle for him)
Then after bath I get her into a babygro in a darkened bedroom with just the landing light on...I don't talk to her at all after she has her babygro on, makes me feel awful 'ignoring' her, but otherwise she thinks it is playtime, and I can't resist the cheeky grins...she then has about 6ozs of formula which I give her all snuggled up with me on the bed, after winding I then lay her down in her grobag thingy, zip her in, put her blankie on and bugger off back downstairs!!

Our babies are fast approaching their 12 week jabs :nope:

Here in US they don't have to get shots again till 4 months. Its birth, 2, 4, 6, 12, 18, 24 (if you need to catch up) months. Then 4-6 yrs, 11-12(girls)yrs, then the influenza shot every fall after 6 months of age. How is it over there for shots?

We started a bed time routine about 2 weeks ago and she has slept through ever since. At the moment she is in bed by 9.30 - 10ish and wakes normally around 7-8am

We give her a bath (which she absolutely loves), dress her for bed, i feed her and then last thing is i read her a story.....sometimes she falls asleep while im reading to her, and cuddles. Works perfect for us :)

Sophie, you have to do what is right for you too!!! And if u can express and FF thats the best of both worlds really, at least u will know how much Evan is getting and that its enough!!

Oh btw we bath Elleah in one of these :flower:

Attachments

• 3134n1g_19.jpeg
    3134n1g_19.jpeg
    11.2 KB · Views: 2
We said at 3 months we would start putting in place a gentle night time routine (bath, his one bottle of the night, story maybe?) what do you all do and what time seems to work best for you?

I also so far have only bathed Georgie with hubby but if we want to start an earlier routine, one of us will really need to bath him alone while teh other sorts out diner or what ever. Does anyone use any bath aids to make bathing baby alone easier? So you can use both hands?

Just popped in to say, I bought a fabric bath support last weekend and it's the best tenner I've ever spent!

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44537031&mcb=core

Makes bathing Kai sooo much easier. He hated baths before, maybe because he didn't feel supported enough? Even with me and OH bathing him together. But with the support, I can use both hands and he loves his bath now!

I did look at loads of different ones, but decided against the plastic ones as the reviews weren't brilliant. The fabric one works for us though...and has made things so much better.

We don't have a set bedtime routine just yet. I've tried and tried but it's not working, so Kai's leading us at the moment. I bath him every other day as otherwise his skin gets too dry. I change him, make sure the lights are low and put on the Magic music channel...he loves it...soothes him to sleep usually!

We'll be getting a Jumperoo at some point, no idea where it'll go but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it :lol:

I've been buying lots of LaMaze toys off eBay as Kai's decided he likes those, so at least he's interested in things other than the celing and walls now!

Got loads to say but he's woken up again....so will be back at some point in the next day or so!
Hope everyone's ok :flower:

Ugh I'm totally fed up with my OH!

I went to bed at 9 last night as I was extremely tired, and I had to work today. Jaxon was in bed, and OH's buddy called up to go out and have drinks. Yeah he LEFT, just turned the monitor on in our room and left, he's completly hung over today.

SO I GET home from work, house is a disaster, trash all over the place. Jaxon is screaming in his swing, all the lights are off, tv on with football on and where is OH? SOUND ASLEEP ON THE FUCKING COUCH!

Today proved to me he's still to fucking selfish to be a dad, as he obviously cannot take care of a baby for ONE day out of the week. I'm either going to quit my job or start bringin Jaxon to my parents on Sundays....or move in my with parents. Still a thought running through my head...

Jo, I have what Shannon has. Evan loves the bath so that plastic support chair is great :)

see now evan is asleep I think aid the formula. His current natural sleep time is midnight and has been for weeks (since the awful 3/4am nights anyway) so I don't know why in fighting it. He was particularly unsettled for some reason, there was something wrong. He fell asleep in minutes in my arms (normally falls asleep by himslef)

Ugh I'm totally fed up with my OH!

I went to bed at 9 last night as I was extremely tired, and I had to work today. Jaxon was in bed, and OH's buddy called up to go out and have drinks. Yeah he LEFT, just turned the monitor on in our room and left, he's completly hung over today.

SO I GET home from work, house is a disaster, trash all over the place. Jaxon is screaming in his swing, all the lights are off, tv on with football on and where is OH? SOUND ASLEEP ON THE FUCKING COUCH!

Today proved to me he's still to fucking selfish to be a dad, as he obviously cannot take care of a baby for ONE day out of the week. I'm either going to quit my job or start bringin Jaxon to my parents on Sundays....or move in my with parents. Still a thought running through my head...

That sux hun i would fuming too, sounds like he has some real growing up to do....hope u work something out, whatever is best for u and Jaxon x

am libby is exactly the same so really formula is no help... she doesnt sleep till 10 -12 mostly the latter and in my bed last night! only plus is she can go longer.

I cried so much last night as I feel like im getting no where and I still have her attached to me all day and night and she wont settle on oh :( as he has no boobs to wedge her dummy in.

my cousin told me they suddenly change 12-14 weeks as they become more interested in the world around them... I hope so.

As for night we do bath everynight but she just comes downstairs as because she sleeps on her tummy we can put her down without her going wild and nearly sufficating herself looking for her dummy when it comes out... any suggestions? think i might swaddle her tonight - il have a fight on my hands but I need to do something!

I have this https://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Foam-Bath-Support/dp/B001CFNB9O?_encoding=UTF8& for bath, we have the plastic thing too but i worry thats hard on her head.

we will be getting a bumbo and a jumperoo too as she loves to bounce, but we rent a tiny 2 up 2 down townhouse, we have also ran out of space! x

Gemma- we have a spare pink bumbo, no tray though. we bought a turquoise one to do Pixie and for our 2nd/3rd kiddie hence the unisex colour but, we got given a Pink one too from a friend of ours. she used it for her little one. if you're interested give me a shout x

bartness I just saw your post - thats horrible, I would feel exactly the same.. pfft men sometimes! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->