~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

ah yeh - we have a thing called book worms or somthing like that. its the exact same as that.

https://www.scottishbooktrust.com/bookstart

i already have a few books from them :) i'm weird and love shiney things so thank god i had a girl! buying all the books that have the glitter glue and sparkly pages :dohh: lol

ooo! and i got an email saying that my bedding is out of customs in the UK :happydance: means it should be here soon :D:D:D

I am 2 months postpartum and i had my first period 4 weeks after i had my son.. now 2nd period is late.. i keep having a drop of blood every few days and has happens 3 times nothing more.. i have been cramping for 2 weeks.. i am currently breastfeeding only at night 1-3 times.. what is going on ? i had pap smear on the first of this month.. no infections... im so confused ladies

This may sound completely selfish, but I am not happy right now! Just got done doing our taxes and we are only getting back $6800.00. I was planning our bills and everything else from $8000.00! :cry:

Not good at all.

Im sorry Silas, I know it sucks not getting as much back as you planned on.

I'm hoping to get 3,000 back if Im lucky. Though God knows I could use a lot more than that.

Yeah, I did our estimate wrong because I am a dweeb. :|

Honestly, we still have enough to pay everything but we would only have $200.00 leftover. Which we all know just sucks! Just wish I was rich right now (x1000). I am just not looking forward to telling my OH. He tends to be a jerk and probably wont be happy about me messing up the estimate and then him thinking we were getting back a lot more than we did.

I am 2 months postpartum and i had my first period 4 weeks after i had my son.. now 2nd period is late.. i keep having a drop of blood every few days and has happens 3 times nothing more.. i have been cramping for 2 weeks.. i am currently breastfeeding only at night 1-3 times.. what is going on ? i had pap smear on the first of this month.. no infections... im so confused ladies

I am not breastfeeding, but I still spot/bleed randomly. Seems to be no pattern that I can tell, not even sure if I have had an actual period yet. I did have the Mirena birth control put in, so that has some to do with it too.

I havent even started estimating what I will be getting back, just took a random shot in the dark. Im hoping I get at least $3,000 (from federal) so I can pay off my clinic bill and most of my hospital bill (which would free up $150/month).

Im thinking I should do good though on my taxes, since Im claiming single, head of household with one dependent. And I dont make much so I should get the earned income credit as well.

Not sure how I'll do on state, hoping I'll get more back than last year (was only $20).

Well if you go to https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/taxcaster/?s=1 or https://www.hrblock.com/free-tax-tips-calculators/tax-estimator.html, they will estimate your taxes. You can off of your last check stub and it will give you an idea of how much you are getting back.

No problem, its really easy. I just re-did it (correctly!) and it was only $3 off of what we are getting back. So rather accurate as well. :)

Thanks guys - thankfully my day got better (OH came home to my aide - lol) and the cars smashed window is now fixed.

Leo is a little grumpy after his jabs but nothing too drastic. I was furious with the practice nurse though when she told me it wouldn't be appropriate to BF him whilst he had his jabs. I told her that I would be doing so but he wasnt hungry and whilst he was faffing to latch on the bitch stuck him. He was then too upset to latch for his second injection - grrrrrrrrrr

Soph I'm glad you asked the erection question. I thought the same but thought I must be a bit odd - lol

I'm loving all the story telling, I might have to give that a go with the little lion cub and luckily, being a book worm myself we have lots of books that have passed down from my two girls :)

To you ladies from over the pond - how do your taxes work? It all sounds ever so complicated!!

Jo xx

We pay taxes all year long obviously, and at the end of the year we get our w-2's which tell us how much we have paid in taxes to both federal and state through the year. Then we have to fill out our income tax forms for both federal and state (making sure you claim things such as dependents, and so on). THen you get the money you overpaid in taxes back. --mind you this is a quick generalization of how it works.

Most American's look forward to tax time, as they can pay off bills, or splurge and buy new things. Some Americans dread it, as they didnt pay enough in taxes and then owe the state or federal goverment money.

I always like to say for us poor people tax time is great, but otherwise not so much.

Actually, tax time is really only great if you have children under 17 lol.

I guessed it must be something like that. $3000+ seems one heck of a lot to overpay though. I never thought I would say this but thank god for our PAYE system ;)

Jo xx

RANDOM QUESTION - Can babies get erections? I swear Evan has just had one :rofl: He is laying next to me, willy out, getting some air and his willy went bigger so ?I touched it (I that weird? I am only used to girl babies) and it was a bit hard. Surely they can't get erections this young?

soph its normal it just means they need a wee or they are about to wee x

I guessed it must be something like that. $3000+ seems one heck of a lot to overpay though. I never thought I would say this but thank god for our PAYE system ;)

Jo xx

Well, you probably don't really overpay that much. If you have dependents you get $1,000.00 for each dependent under 17, plus Earned Income Credit. Anyhow, you get deductions and credits and that is how you find out whether or not you owe/are getting paid.

:wacko: Never realized how difficult it is to actually explain these things lol.

RANDOM QUESTION - Can babies get erections? I swear Evan has just had one :rofl: He is laying next to me, willy out, getting some air and his willy went bigger so ?I touched it (I that weird? I am only used to girl babies) and it was a bit hard. Surely they can't get erections this young?

soph its normal it just means they need a wee or they are about to wee x

:rofl: I didn't notice him wee that time, but he must have cos the bottom of my trackies was socked I didn't realise. It happened again (hard willy) and he did a wee straight away. Thanks Gemma :)

I guess the American taxes is like our tax credit maybe? Except we get our tax credits monthly and you guys get it back yearly? Or like everyone pays the same taxes and you get a rebate (refund) depending on your earnings and family etc????

Ok, so I have an Evan in bed. ASLEEP :wohoo:

We have had an awfully unsettled day. I have had a few smiles and playful 5/10 mins here and there, other that that it's been sleep, eat or cry :( I gave him 3oz in a bottle at about 8 as he was clearly still hungry after bf, he was sick a bit (reflux at the moment is awful) Si I gave him a bath, he was moody and cried a bit. So I got out the coconut oil (which was solid wasn't expecting that but it liquified in my hands) and did some baby massage with his belly and legs which calmed him right down. Then I wrapped him in a blanket and read him a night night story (thanks Shan!!!) which he smiled up at me throughout. Then he had a few mins of booby and fell asleep. So he's down on my bed.

I dunno how I have coped today it has seriously been horrendous. Doesn't help I have been attempting to do chores aswell. Does anyone elses house get messy before you have even finished cleaning it :dohh:

I made it back in, for a change!

I'm over the moon tonight. Kai has been so whingy and crying loads lately. He's had really bad wind and just been generally grumpy. I decided enough was enough and I bought him a Dr Brown bottle, today. OMG....it has worked absolute wonders! I wish I'd switched earlier now...have obviously been putting him through more pain than necessary :( But, now I know and now he's so much more contented and settled when feeding. We don't have to stop every 2 minutes to wind him and he takes longer over his feeds instead of gulping it down. So, so happy for the first time in weeks! :lol: He;s only had 2 feeds out of it so far, so we'll see how it goes!

Not been posting as been so busy with my clingy baby, just don't have the time when housework and other stuff needs doing!

Glad everyone seems to be doing well.
Again, I have no time to respond individually....feel bad about always rushing off but Kai's stirring for his last feed of the night (I hope!!) and OH has gone to bed. Hopefully I'll have more time when we have a bit of routine going!
I'll try to come back tomorrow :) :flower:

I bought a Dr Browns bottle last week :) I think it has helped but as Evan is bf plus has a dummy he'll get wind whatever :dohh: When I switch to ff I am going to use Dr Browns till he is less windy and then use TT bottles x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->