~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Pichi you are a star for pointing out that jumperoo in babies r us, thank you :hugs:

I rung them this morning, they have stock in my local store, but are closed for stock take today, so have reserved it and going to collect it tomorrow :happydance:

Bartness, sorry to hear about your OH.

Somedays I look at my OH and think 'just bugger off and let me get on with it alone'...I've done it on my own once, and no doubt could again if I had to...I just think Men are wired so completely different to us mummies :nope:

Gemma I have the foam support too. I never really got on with it although my mum swore by it whenever she bathed him. The plastic seat isn't too hard on them at all. Evan love laying in it and splashing around on it waving his arms and legs :) As long as you stay by the bath you don't have to hold them and they can be free to splash about, but just stay there in case they slip obv (has never happened)

Well I haven't given him formula anyway. I'm all talk :haha: nursing is too convinient for me. Why get up at 8am to make a bottle and feed him when I can just put him over my chest and he can feed as he likes and i can doze!!

Was a bad night though, he was still asleep by midnight which is normal. He's just soo sicky. I tried dentinox, makes me wonder if that didn't go down too well.

Dani, he wouldn't even touch the hungry baby milk, kept refusing the bottle but fed from me!! He has NEVER refused a bottle!

I got a letter from housing benefit. They have overpaid me £46 and I am not entitled cos they didn't take my tax credits into account divs!

It is raining and is really dull and grey so I am declared today a duvet day! I need to get Evan weighed (still haven't) will do so on Thursday, it will have been just over a month, but i know he is fine. Am waiting for new HV to get in touch have heard nada...

Bartness, sorry to hear your oh is being a dick. Can't say much to make you feel better, but I hope he changes his ways soon x

Pichi you are a star for pointing out that jumperoo in babies r us, thank you :hugs:

I rung them this morning, they have stock in my local store, but are closed for stock take today, so have reserved it and going to collect it tomorrow :happydance:

no problem hun :) i built mine up to see what it's like and it's rather funky :D

about bath supports - i just bought the foamy thing from Tesco thats just like a big sponge... i'm going to get the little seat for the bath for when she's older though :)

GG: i've PM'd you :thumbup:

bartness: i'm sorry you're OH is acting like a child. get him told! he's got practicabilities now - to a little cutie :D

:haha: He obviously realises mummies bobby is better than the hungry baby milk.

My biggest hugest regret is not sticking with the exclusive breast feeding :cry: I hate the fact I let the lack of support and pressure from DH get to me so I started giving bottles as well, which in turn affected my milk supply.

He would say 'give her a bottle, she is hungry'...his other 2 children had been FF from birth, so he had no clue about how cluster feeding works, or building up a supply by feeding on demand.

Yet now when Amber whinges I hear 'put her on the boob'...I get so friggin angry with him :haha:

I really really want to build my supply back up, it is getting there, am taking Agnus Castus...but just ordered more Fenugreek instead, as they seem to work better.

I feel so damn guilty for not sticking with it as Amber is a little pro.

Blahhhhh, sorry for the me me me rant!!

[horrific and selfish me me me rant]

This is my day thus far:

The car got broken into last night xx I missed getting Leo weighed xx had "words" with the nurse TWICE plus an old bloke outside the Dr's whilst there for Leo's jabs xx Leo did an extreme-up-your-back exploding nappy in the surgery and now I have a flat tyre!!!!! xx

[\horrific and selfish me me me rant]

Hope everyone is well, we also use one of those plastic seats in the bath.

Gonna get an asda's own bumbo ;) as they're much cheaper.

Would love a jumparoo but am worried about the space they take up.

:hugs: for Bartness and you&me [/] ANC anyone else who's OH is doing a good twunt impression.

Jo xx

Dont feel guilty you&me, at least u are still breast feeding, pat yourself on the back for that!!!! Just keep at it and if u have to keep on giving formula as well, you have done great anyways x

How many feeds is she having on breast and bottle each day hun?? :)

Does anyone know when i can put LO in her jolly jumper? Im guessing when they have good neck / head control??

Shan, she is feeding off of me at each feed, I always offer her both breasts before any formula, I let her come off them on her own, then wait and see if she creates for a top up...I am also pumping in between, and have just ordered some more Fenugreek as the Agnus Castus stuff Holland & Barrat suggested seems to be a load of ole crap!! :haha:

Thank you to everyone who has shared their bedtime routines and bath aids with me. I have that foam thing but want something more hands free so will look at one of the others!

Sophie, I must say, I take my hat off to you going it alone :hugs: I think you are pretty amazing! I have to say though, every time I have thought about going the FF route, I then think about having to get out of bed to get a bottle ready and I soon change my mind! Saying that, being totally baby lead is bloody hard work so I am going to try and nudge him into a routine. I have been writing down when/how long he feeds for and his naps and hopefully at the end of the week a slight pattern will emerge that I can work with, as like you say, you get nowhere trying to fight it.

Dani, I love your night time routine! If Georgie ever did that I would think all my Christmases had come at once! You have done so well to have picked your BF back up to where you have it now! I know for a fact that without visiting my BF club and my OH being really supportive, I would have really struggled to keep going. I dodn't think men always understand just how important somethings can be:hugs:

Shan, I love that you read to Elleah! I want to start doing that too, what do you read?

Pixelle, lovely to see you again :)
George has lots of those LaMaze toys too, his favourite is a big butterfly that we have hung from his play gym, he loves swiping it!

Bartness, I am so sorry to hear what a twunt your OH is being! I would have been so angry that he left Jaxon to cry while he slept. I hope you manage to get him to buck up his ideas :hugs:

Gemma, I know exactly how you feel about having a baby attached to you all day and night. Its tiring and frustrating and I get so jealous of those who get their LO's into a routine and have free time. I also often think it is my fault he is so clingy as I have never left him to cry. I just can't though. I just keep telling myself that eventually it shall pass. I hope!

Pichi, thanks to you flashing your jumperoo on her and posting such a bargainous link, I may have to indulge ............

AFM: Well we went to our Under Ones group this morning and got totally soaked, but I like to go and meet other local mums. Today George noticed for the first time that there were other babies there and couldn't take his eyes off them. He did look mighty confused though :rofl:

Jo, sorry I must have been typing when you posted so didn't see you to include you.
:hugs: to you too, your day has not got off to a good start at all

:hugs: to JO (FGS) Hope your day gets a bit better.

Thanks Jo (Coco)

Oooops, back in a bit to finish off, my lil stinkerbell has just woken up!!

Cocobelle, i read her all sorts of childrens stories, lullabys, fairytales etc and she has a childrens book of bible stories too. I borrow books from the library atm as she only has a few of her own.....but plan on raiding some second hand shops for some cute ones for her to keep.

She loves story time, it seems to really settle her for sleep.....i try and use different tones in my voice and smile at her and look at her while im reading. She nearly always falls asleep during the book. Its brilliant

I hope she has a real love of books as i do by doing this xo

Ahh Shan that is fab!! I hate reading aloud. Even when I used to read to the kids at school I felt like a twonk. I get them to do it :) I did get the nursery rhyme book out last night but half of them I have never heard of. We just do row row row the boat and I pull him up to me :haha:

Jo, that is really kind of you to say :) I don't feel like it though. I sometimes feel like I just leave him just so I can go to the loo, do some bits around the house, eat etc. I wish I could do more and be more pro active but I am also sooooo tired . He has had a bottle now, 4oz at about 1.30. Now he's laying next to me with some nappy off time. He seems fairly happy :) Edit : He's asleep :)

RANDOM QUESTION - Can babies get erections? I swear Evan has just had one :rofl: He is laying next to me, willy out, getting some air and his willy went bigger so ?I touched it (I that weird? I am only used to girl babies) and it was a bit hard. Surely they can't get erections this young?

FFS - :hugs: What a cruddy day :hugs: Great heads up on the Asda bumbo, never seen them before shall have a look :)

I might get Evan some more Lamaze toys, he only has the Panda :)

He held two of Sophie the Giraffes legs with each hand :wohoo:

Ah Shan, you have made me want to rush out and get lots of books!

We have lots of sing songs, tickling games and other playtime stuff, but George's favourite thing is when I smell his toes and go "phoooey! They tink". He loves that!

Sophie, it doesn't hurt to leave them briefly, I had to put him in his crib crying earlier or I would have wet myself!

Georgie has had a 'pokey winky' once, I was also quite shocked as he was only about 6 weeks old them! Not sure what causes it, I thought he was going to wee, but he didn't. My friends toddler used to rub himself against her leg, he obviously got something from it as he would scream blue murder when she tried to get him off!

Oooh,well done Evan! That takes some doing for little hands :happydoing:

On the brightside of OH being a jerk last night, he made dinner...but left his mess for me to clean up after work today. Cant' win them all, or well none in my case.

Jaxon's night time ritual is, tummy time after we get home from "aunty Niki's house" (she's my cousin the one that babysits), and we have our nightly chat while I cook dinner. Then after OH and I eat, OH feeds him a bottle, and than at 8 its bath time. Then we rock until he's out at about 9 or 10. He normally will sleep until about 615 or so, but this morning he was up at 515.

Soph :haha:! The first time Joseph got one he was already around 8-9 months old. I thought something was wrong! I told OH there was something wrong (he wasn't convinced). It had never happened before so I didn't understand! :rofl:

But its normal, and it'll happen a bit more when he gets older, or atleast it has happened a few times with Joseph now. :haha:

Cocobelle, i read her all sorts of childrens stories, lullabys, fairytales etc and she has a childrens book of bible stories too. I borrow books from the library atm as she only has a few of her own.....but plan on raiding some second hand shops for some cute ones for her to keep.

She loves story time, it seems to really settle her for sleep.....i try and use different tones in my voice and smile at her and look at her while im reading. She nearly always falls asleep during the book. Its brilliant

I hope she has a real love of books as i do by doing this xo

i read pixie stories :)

trying to get into the habit of buying a book or 2 a month so when she's 1 she'll have a nice little collection in her bookshelf :D

@Bartness - I know this is completely off subject, lol, but OH got his W-2s today!! :happydance:

Girls (In th UK) There is something called Bookstart. Our Lo's are a bit young now but at certain ages they are entitles to free books :) (unless the govt do away with it)

https://www.bookstart.org.uk/Resources/Bookstart-packs

Should get our first lot around 7 months :)

Pichi, doesn't include Scotland. Maybe you guys have a different but similar scheme?

Cos my sister is a childminder she gets loads of books so gave me her doubles, so Evan has lots already. I don't read them. But I should :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->