~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

At least it isn't just me!! I got the socks and wrist rattles too, Stanley had them and thought they were great so got them! I haven't smelt the octopus, didn't know it smelt :)

gemma I think you should let dan do more to give u a break. So what if libby likes things a certain way... Daddy's way is also good. I had a bottle of cider last night, was yum!!!!

yeah - give the octopus a smell! lol god that makes me sound weird :dohh:

i think my hello kitty bedding will be arriving today :happydance: so excited! OH bought a big beanbag for pixies room when we move. a nice aqua one, so she'll have some place to read her books :haha: in the mean time it's my beanbag for playing xbox though haha

Soph GG is right, it's normal or at least if it isn't I'm as barking as you ;) Secondly, your body isn't shot, just different because of the amazing thing you have just done and any other person worth their salt knows this. I know it's hard as I have been there but I know, from your posts and FB that Evan is your world and you give him everything he needs and more xx

GG :hug: could you go stop with your 'rents for a few days so they could help? Are you close enough to anyone there to grab a couple of hours out on an evening whilst Libby stays with daddy? Maybe you should let OH take over for a few hours even if he isn't "doing it your way" if you see what I mean. Sending Libby go-to-sleep dust xx

AFM: I have fallen out with the lot of you for costing me £60 on a jumparoo (last ocean one in my local toysrus) and £30 on LaMaze toys ;)

Only kidding but I did blame you all when explaining to OH :rofl:

Taking Leo to get weighed today and am going to change his 12 week jab appointment to the other nurse.

He's slept 9 hours and 8 hours straight respectively for the last two nights :D so I hope that's not a fluke. We've been bathing, feeding, bed but I think I'm gonna get story time in there too.

What do you ladies think about the latest weaning "news"? Do you think you'll try it before 6 months?

Jo xx

Pixelle we got given a spin and explore as a gift. Its hilarious seeing her spin round on the lady buggy hehe

Can't wait for it to arrive! I hope he likes it....been trying to get one cheaper for aaaages! :)

My mum bought Kai the LaMaze socks and wrist rattles for Christmas....he loves bugs! He has the Garden Friends mobile and just loves it...gets all excited. It's one of the only things that holds his attention! He's just started noticing the wrist ones...but he's not aware of his feet yet!

I thought the Octopus had a smell to it! I just thought it needed washing as I got it off eBay and thought someone had sprayed something on it :lol:

We had a bit of a routine going....it's all gone wrong again :lol: Kai barely slept at all yesterday so he's making up for it, it seems! He slept from 12am til 7am...awake for an hour and went back to bed. He's just stirring now.

Trying to get him to sleep in the nursery in his moses again....so far it's working, fingers crossed it stays that way!

Anna Matronic - I wouldn't over analyse. I think it's normal to want to buy LO llots of nice things. Or if that's not the case, I don't know what my problem is as I keep buying stuff and I'm with his Dad! (Though that isn't rosy!)

Seriously though, I personally think it's normal. But I do think you should treat yourself too :)

Got to go....monster is waking!

Now I am looking at LaMaze toys too, as Jo said...it's costing a fortune :dohh: I always blame BnB too when justifying it to the hubby, he is pretty good and just nods and lets me get on with it!!

So the Jumperoo...ummmm is blimin huge!!! My lounge is starting to resemble a toy shop :shrug: Amber is happy with it though.

Gemma, I hope Libby settles down for you :hugs:

We have a problem....had the crapest night with Amber that we have had in weeks...normally I do her bedtime routine, and it is smooth sailing...last night I took her in the bath with me and asked DH to take over from there so I could have a lounge in it...he dried and dressed her, then tried giving her bottle...and my poor little baby screamed and screamed and screamed...til she was sobbing :nope: I don't know if it is because she isn't used to him doing it, so I jumped out of the bath and took over, had to put her on the boob to calm her down, DH came downstairs and was really upset because she won't settle for him...I got her into her bed...and for the first time in ages she woke at 1.15am and then again at 4.15am...she must have been really unsettled :cry:

Does this mean it is always going to come down to me now to do the bedtime routine...or shall we just keep trying with DH and following through with it?...I just can't bear to see her so upset like that!!

you&me it could be a growth spurt - did she feed both times she woke?

FWIW I would persevere with daddy settling her too until she is happy for either of you to do the bedtime routine. It may just have been a one off.

Jo xx

Thanks Jo...the 1.15am feed I put her on boob and she went back down fine, the second wake up, she had boob then a couple of ozs top up of formula.

I think maybe we will both have to do the routine for a few night's and ease her in gently then let him try on his own again...she is a real mummy's girl...but I don't like the thought of her Daddy never being able to settle her or put her to bed....as much as I love doing it, it isn't fair on him really.

I like that idea!! It never occured to me (lol) but we always bath Leo together so I reckon he would go down for OH although how he would feed him I don't know :rofl:

Did someone say they have the LaMaze spin and explore? Leo got this for Christmas but I'm not sure how he actually goes on it, lol.

Jo xx

Jo, I'm not a fan of blw from what I have read an will do tlw. As for waiting 6 months well maybe, but I will start as soon as Evan starts showing an interest in my food I suppose. I haven't read too much about it. I do have some annabelle Karmel books though so am ready :)

I smelt the octopus, didn't smell anything :( evan loves it though lol!! Seems to be really grabbing his attention as he can grab it's legs! I'll jeopardy at it with the rattles,he's not sure of his feet yet either.

What is a spin thing? I'll look online haha!!

I'm also getting evan weighed later :) haven't got an appointment for his 12 week jabs yet and he's 12 weeks today!!

Hmmmm *looks embarrassed* whats blw and tlw?

There was no such thing as all this when I weaned my other two - lol, you just gave them baby rice and mushed fruit!!

I made his 12 week appointment when he had his jabs on Monday but the more I think about the nurse the angrier I get so I dont want her near him again!!

Happy 12 weeks Evan - Leo is 2 months today - how did that happen?

Jo xx

I like that idea!! It never occured to me (lol) but we always bath Leo together so I reckon he would go down for OH although how he would feed him I don't know :rofl:

Did someone say they have the LaMaze spin and explore? Leo got this for Christmas but I'm not sure how he actually goes on it, lol.

Jo xx

we have one. put leo on the spinning ladybird with his head towards the buggies head and tummy lying on the rest. he should sit up at a slight angle so he's not hurting his neck :)

EDIT:
like this -

https://www.kidsstufftoys.com/assets/slides/0000/5699/spin-_-explore-garden-gym.jpg

Is Pixie's head control strong enough to do this? I presume shes only on there for a short time.

Jo xx

yeah she's fine. that baby in the pic is obviously bigger but Leo's head would sit on the buggies head like pixies does. i thought she'd get a floppy head lying on it but its perfectly fine :D

Baby led weaning and traditional led weaning. Have a read in the weaning section. Basically with blw u don't use purees bit give lo bits of whatever food they like to munch on.

Pros and cons for both I guess :)

I want a spin and explore. EVAN DOESNT NEED ONE!!!!!!!!

I got my sure start maternity grant. Thank you mr cameron lol £500smackeroonies!!!! This goes towards that extended maternity leave fund and not toys and clothes :rofl:

yeah she's fine. that baby in the pic is obviously bigger but Leo's head would sit on the buggies head like pixies does. i thought she'd get a floppy head lying on it but its perfectly fine :D

If you dont see me for a while I'm playing with the spin and explore ;) although Leo's isnt the bug one its this:

https://www.backtobasicstoys.com/images/large/lg_8374.jpg

i have a pic of Pixie on hers. my OH was spinning it around and she was loving it - then got bored (or dizzy) and started to cry :dohh: lol

my little miss is still sleeping - she was due a feed at 11am! i think she might be going through another growth spurt?

soph Leo doesnt need one either, or a jumparoo or shed loads of crinkly, rattly things or more clothes than me but he's got them all!!

Stop beating yourself up - you are completely NORMAL :D

Hmmm, I think I might stick with what I know which would be tlw from your description.

pichi Do you mind showing me, I dont wanna end up with him on his head or something just as daft - lol - jeez, all this new stuff frazzles my brain - lol

Jo xx

soph Leo doesnt need one either, or a jumparoo or shed loads of crinkly, rattly things or more clothes than me but he's got them all!!

Stop beating yourself up - you are completely NORMAL :D

Hmmm, I think I might stick with what I know which would be tlw from your description.

Jo xx

i think i'll be going down the TDL route too... i don't want Pixie being a fussy eater so ill let her try everything ... i'm such a fussy eater it's unreal. i have a strange phobia of textures of foods though so that doesn't help

Both my girls were great as babies and would eat most things - they have got fussier as they have got older.

My teenager will now not touch veg at all although my 8 year old is still pretty good even though she is obsessed with asking for "treats" :rofl:

Jo xx

lol my friends wee one always goes for the treat cupboard- hes 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"