November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Gender reveal thoughts/opinions:
With DD, we had our sono at 20 weeks, and had the tech write the gender on a piece of paper in a sealed envelope. We gave it to a friend, and the next day we had a big party for DH's birthday/St. Patrick's Day, and for dessert we had cupcakes our friend made - with pink filling for a girl!

This time, 20 weeks is on July 2nd. So the way I see it, we have 2 options:

1) Pay for a private scan at 17 weeks (just before Father's Day), and suprise DH with a gender reveal "party" (family only) on Father's Day. I'm thinking his Father's Day present can be the gender (pink or blue onesie, or something) - I'd just need my mom or a friend to put it together for us so I don't know gender either.

2) Do a big family gender reveal over 4th of July (US independence day, lots of fireworks) and have a friend get either blue or pink fireworks/sparklers.

What do you think?
I don't want to ask DH his opinion b/c if we do Father's Day I'd love to have it be a surprise for him completely. I also don't know yet what our 4th of July plans are, where we'll be, who we'll be with (his family or mine) - though I can almost guarantee we'll be with my family on Father's Day, his on 4th of July.
Plus there's the cost (about $100 for a private scan) - although I'd get to find out 3 weeks sooner.

ARGH! Decisions are hard when you're pregnant!

I also think both sound great! Who would you prefer to do the reveal with, if it's different families/people?

I don't know! I mean, I'd love for my family to be there for sure, but I know he'd be a little disappointed if his family weren't around. I could invite his Dad/step-mom down as a surprise for Father's Day? It's a 7-hour drive for them but the weather is beautiful and they could ride their motorcycles down. If I let them in on the secret that it's a gender reveal, they might be more likely to made the trip. And lord knows they can keep secrets if they're asked to, so I wouldn't have to worry about that slipping.

I'm really leaning toward Father's Day - what an amazing gift, right?

That would be an awesome gift! You really can't go wrong either way. :)

:wave: I did not know this was here! I'm 10 weeks+4 days. Due November 27th. The last ultrasound I had said due on Dec. 2nd but the doctor told me to stick with my LMP instead of the measurements. We tried for 2 years on and off so this is our little miracle! We are so excited.

:wave: I did not know this was here! I'm 10 weeks+4 days. Due November 27th. The last ultrasound I had said due on Dec. 2nd but the doctor told me to stick with my LMP instead of the measurements. We tried for 2 years on and off so this is our little miracle! We are so excited.

Congrats and welcome!!!

Thanks! I think I've seen you around, GeralynB. :)

I'm trying so hard to get caught up but there is soooo much. Haha! I have a doppler (Sonoline B) and sometimes I get frustrated if I can't find the heartbeat but I have come to expect it sometimes. If I get up and walk away for a few minutes and then come back later I can usually find it that way. It got up to 190 last night. My hubby is an ultrasound tech and I asked him if this was bad and he said, "No. If it was super low he would be worried."

That is as far as I've gotten so far (Doppler talk). I will comment as I read. Haha!

Welcome mwel!!!! This is a good bunch I think you'll enjoy it!

Yay! Another Sparkler! Welcome and congrats. I just ordered a Sonoline B Doppler off eBay and it should be arriving later this week. I have a little pudge already in the stomach area though, so I was debating holding off trying til after my 12 week scan next week to avoid unnecessary panic. That's awesome you are hearing results in 10 weeks though! Makes me think maybe I should try after it arrives...

Hey Hun and congratulations :wave: welcome to the group. I will add you to the front page :happydance: xxx

Welcome :D

Morning, i keep getting crampy and uncomfortable but on brighter note what i thought may have been baby is getting stronger and happening more often so im in no doubt now.

Morning, i keep getting crampy and uncomfortable but on brighter note what i thought may have been baby is getting stronger and happening more often so im in no doubt now.

What does baby feel like at this stage? I can feel something but not sure if it's just wind lol haha

What does baby feel like at this stage? I can feel something but not sure if it's just wind lol haha

My wind / trapped gas only happens belly button and above, or down in my lower back/bum lol.

Im getting vibraring pulsing feeling, pushing out feeling (can feel my skin being stretch out) Like flutters and popping feeling. I feel it mostly in sit position.

My wind / trapped gas only happens belly button and above, or down in my lower back/bum lol.

Im getting vibraring pulsing feeling, pushing out feeling (can feel my skin being stretch out) Like flutters and popping feeling. I feel it mostly in sit position.

I get this too!! Omg I was starting to wonder if it was baby or me being silly! It's very centred in my uterus where baby is, like you say little vibrations and flutters!!

This has made my day!!

Mine is defo on the left where baby is! How far up is uterus at 13 weeks?

At 13 weeks the top of the uterus is about halfway between your tummy button and pubic line. Here is a link about it: Fundal Height Measurement If you scroll halfway down there is a diagram showing where it is at different weeks. :thumbup: x

I hope everyone had a great weekend! My scan is tomorrow! I'm really nervous as I had a lot of work stress last week so I hope it hasn't had a negative effect on the baby.

Are people really feeling baby move now? I don't think I have felt anything yet, but then I looked it up and you start to more obviously feel baby at about 16 weeks. When lying in bed I have felt this weird pulsing sensation which must be the blood flow to the uterus. x

15 weeks today! :happydance:
I think I am starting to feel baby too

I had an anterior placenta with DD and didn't feel her move until 21 weeks. So I'm a little jealous of you all! We will see how things go with this baby. 12 weeks tomorrow!

So I broke out an old pair of maternity shorts last night. And it was GLORIOUS. End of the day bloating was not squeezed into submission, I could sit comfortably...oh it was bliss. I was sad that I put on my first maternity clothes at just under 12 weeks, but then I thought - I have this in my closet, it's comfy, who the hell cares?

So I did it. And it rocked.

Mine is defo on the left where baby is! How far up is uterus at 13 weeks?

At 13 weeks the top of the uterus is about halfway between your tummy button and pubic line. Here is a link about it: Fundal Height Measurement If you scroll halfway down there is a diagram showing where it is at different weeks. :thumbup: x

I hope everyone had a great weekend! My scan is tomorrow! I'm really nervous as I had a lot of work stress last week so I hope it hasn't had a negative effect on the baby.

Are people really feeling baby move now? I don't think I have felt anything yet, but then I looked it up and you start to more obviously feel baby at about 16 weeks. When lying in bed I have felt this weird pulsing sensation which must be the blood flow to the uterus. x

Very useful thanks :)

Hiya all! Hope everyone has been well!

I had my first scan today - and i am soo inlove! It went really well. Oh and they changed my due date to 11/11/14 - as bubs is measuring 3 days ahead. Could I have the front page changed Princesskel?? :)

https://s29.postimg.org/fb82ciso7/IMG_0002.jpg

Sooo excited now.. it all finally feel's real!!

Currently in the process of telling my new job I'm having a baby to work out what we're going to do...wish my luck!!

Wahoo! My progesterone level came back at 40! Holy crap! I get to start weening off my progesterone I think! Just have to wait for my dr to confirm!! So excited! I honestly never thought I'd be able to get off!

Last night I let my nephews listen to baby. They are so excited to be big brothers (it's complicated). My oldest can't wipe the smile off his face. They have been asking for years for us to have a little one. I still can't believe after 5yrs of infertility we have come this far and yet we are so close to our dream coming true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->