November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I'm so sorry for your loss Kiansmummy I had a blighted ovumn last year and I know how horrible it is. It's like your body has tricked you giving you symptoms I hope you are recovering well. You will be back with your rainbow baby however far away that seems xx

I haven't been on here in a while so thought I would update. I had my dating scan on Thursday, I thought everything was well as I have been getting symptoms since day one & started to get a little bump. I took DS and OH with me and where DS was sitting he could see the screen and as soon as the lady started scanning he yelled "there is a the baby", she frowned so I told DS to be quiet as she was concentrating.

Then DS yelled "where has the baby gone", and that's when she looked at me and asked if I was sure on my dates then carried on scanning. My heart sank, she showed me the screen. There was a big sac (measuring 12 weeks 3 days, which would match with ovulation) and a placenta but no baby . She explained that it was blighted ovum where the embryo doesn't develop but everything else does. She was rather surprised that it didn't come away by itself.

So this goodbye from me and I hope that everyone has a healthy pregnancy

So sorry!!

I haven't been on here in a while so thought I would update. I had my dating scan on Thursday, I thought everything was well as I have been getting symptoms since day one & started to get a little bump. I took DS and OH with me and where DS was sitting he could see the screen and as soon as the lady started scanning he yelled "there is a the baby", she frowned so I told DS to be quiet as she was concentrating.

Then DS yelled "where has the baby gone", and that's when she looked at me and asked if I was sure on my dates then carried on scanning. My heart sank, she showed me the screen. There was a big sac (measuring 12 weeks 3 days, which would match with ovulation) and a placenta but no baby . She explained that it was blighted ovum where the embryo doesn't develop but everything else does. She was rather surprised that it didn't come away by itself.

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Xo

I'm so incredibly sorry, Kians_mommy. :hugs: Take time for yourself...and I'm sure you will be back in first tri in no time with your rainbow!

I've had such a crazy, emotional, hormonal day. I'm a residential case manager for people with disabilities. Among my many duties, I supervise their in home staff, and am on call every five weeks. Well, I'm on call this weekend, and I just got a call in for one of our homes with a very volatile women who has severe behavioral challenges. Her house is incredibly hard to staff. I'm used to getting these calls, and I know how to handle them, but I flipped. If I am in a situation where I absolutely can't staff a home, I'm forced to go in myself. This is the situation i found myself in this afternoon. In this case, I'm not well trained with this woman, and she has a history of lashing out to new staff and being extra violent towards pregnant women (not that you can tell I'm currently pregnant, but still. I DO NOT want to put myself in that situation).

Well...I called every staff person currently trained with her in panic mode. In my desoeratin to get this shift filled, I ended up telling numerous employees I'm pregnant- something I was NOT intending for a loooooong time. :dohh: I actually started to get emotional on the phone with a couple crying/tearing up as well. :wacko: Pretty un-professional and un-like me. I'm so embarrassed right now.

Now my worries are two fold:

1. Now because of my desperation, a handful of my employees (people I supervise) know I'm pregnant, but most of my co-workers don't. (Though thank goodness my boss knows). Gah. I'll need to go fully public at work on Monday. Not what I was planning, but this news will spread like wild fire.

2. Today was a wake up call. This situation wasn't a huge deal (I've dealt with much worse), but I could hardly keep it together. My job is really getting to me... It's gonna get worse the further along in pregnancy I get. Plus, I can't even imagine dealing with the pressure that comes with my job with two new born babies. One of my employees told me today to put in my two weeks, cause my job will cause you to miscarry. That's a slight exaggeration, but it gives you an idea of the stress that can sometimes be involved. However, I get paid pretty well, have good vacation, benefits, etc. I don't know how I can afford to leave! Sigh

Sorry for the long, (probably boring), work related post. Just needed to get that out somewhere.

MissyLissy, I'm sorry you had a bad on-call. I'm a CPS worker, and I do on call one week at a time about once every month, and I'm honestly anxious about how it will go. I plan to work until I absolutely can't anymore or until I have the baby, so I have this horrible vision of going into labor while I'm trying to interview a kid.

I would be lying if I said I am not worried about the effect of stress on my pregnancy, and on the possibility that one of my clients will harm me or the baby (folks on meth are a bit unpredictable.) But the job is important to me, so all I can do is be aware and do what I know to keep myself and others safe.

I would say to give it some time. I know we blame a lot on hormones during pregnancy, but you may come to terms with it and learn to deal with pregnancy and work as it goes along, if that makes sense. Human services careers are almost universally stressful, and it may also help to talk to your coworkers. I know in my office at least, my coworkers are extremely supportive. We have to be, we can't talk to anyone else about work really, and no one else really understands the demands of the field.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you a sticky as soon as you try again. :hugs:

Thanks so much for your post, blondeNK. :flower: Everything work related just got the better of me this afternoon. You are so right about leaning on your coworkers. I could never last without them- and you are right, no one else really understands. I'll probably feel better on Monday once I just come clean to all of them about the pregnancy. (One already knows). I'm sure they'll be supportive and commiserate with me over my insanity this afternoon.

I had a long talk with DH also about my job combined with two infants. He knows first hand how insane my job can be. That combined with the high cost of child carex2 really opened the door for us discussing seriously if I should just stay home with them once they are born. I would love that, but I worry how we will get by without my income. He was actually so understanding and lovely, reassuring we'll make it work whatever we decide.

Most days I love my job too. It's so rewarding. But it's also high demand, high stress. You move from one crisis to the next most of the time it feels like. That stress just is not worth it's impact on my family and especially future children.

Kians_Mummy, so sorry. Must be one of the cruelest tricks our bodies can play. You'll be in my thoughts. :hugs:

Missy, good luck with work decisions. I'm sure you'll make the right choice whatever that is.

Missylissy here in the U.K. When you tell your boss you are pregnant they have to do a risk assessment and if there are aspects of your job that are dangerous to you and/or your baby by law they must find you alternative duties or somehow keep you away from these risks. Is it the same where you are? Because tbh even apart the emotional damage that job sounds physically risky now you are pregnant?

I hope a talk with your boss will help keep you from being put in a similar situation again. As for work life balance once the twins arrive, i really struggled to go to work full time but have found part time a great middle ground. Having said that I know maternity leave etc is different I got a year to make that decision. Your oh sounds very supportive I hope you can figure it out x

Anyone during their 11th week noticed a slight decrease in cervical mucous while going to the bathroom ? Noticed yesterday and a bit today, that I have less while wiping.

Mine started to increase, then turned to trush this week. Never had a case so bad before.

Anyone during their 11th week noticed a slight decrease in cervical mucous while going to the bathroom ? Noticed yesterday and a bit today, that I have less while wiping.

Mine started to increase, then turned to trush this week. Never had a case so bad before.

Mine too was the worse I've ever had and seemed to last a lot longer even with antibiotics :( oh the joys of pregnancy!

Mine too was the worse I've ever had and seemed to last a lot longer even with antibiotics :( oh the joys of pregnancy!

Thankfully looks like inserting tablet and cream has worked for me.

Ive waiting for this to come back for ages; finally want to tidy up, clean and declutter! i had started before my sickness got bad.

I'm only 13 weeks but my belly is rock hard and defo sticks out! Did anyone find this with their first baby?

The US is not great with laws for pregnant women. They don't do a risk assessment. Some jobs will give you other duties while you're pregnant. We also get such a short maternity leave compared to other countries. I'm a teacher and can't imagine going back only 6 weeks after giving birth. DH and I have decided that I will be staying home to take care of the baby.

Missylissy here in the U.K. When you tell your boss you are pregnant they have to do a risk assessment and if there are aspects of your job that are dangerous to you and/or your baby by law they must find you alternative duties or somehow keep you away from these risks. Is it the same where you are? Because tbh even apart the emotional damage that job sounds physically risky now you are pregnant?

I hope a talk with your boss will help keep you from being put in a similar situation again. As for work life balance once the twins arrive, i really struggled to go to work full time but have found part time a great middle ground. Having said that I know maternity leave etc is different I got a year to make that decision. Your oh sounds very supportive I hope you can figure it out x

In the good old USA, we don't get these luxuries. My job is my job, and if I can't handle the duties right now, I'd either need to take a personal leave (and forego maternity leave later because you are only allowed up to 3 months a year off MAX of leave time), or step down into a different position or quit. They cannot and will not modify expectations for me in my position, unfortunately. I watched first hand my pregnant co worker struggle with this job throughout her pregnancy last year. She made it through and made it work, but she also left to be a SAHM once her son was born. Also, in our lovely country, we get a max of 3 months maternity leave through FMLA which is a federal law applying to businesses that employ more than a certain amount of people (unless your employer has a private, better policy). Mine does not. I can take up to three months leave max, most of which will be unpaid outside of the 4-6 weeks of PTO vacation time I will have built up.

But regardless, yesterday I was being emotional and reactionary over what was honestly a pretty benign problem considering. It's going to be fine. We'll figure it out one way or another.

I'm sorry that must put a lot of people in horrible positions :(

I wouldn't blame you for becoming a stay at home mum especially with two to pay for child care.

I get the hard stomach bit and if I've been lying on my side when I lie on my back I can feel a hard bump on the side baby is on. It's a weird feeling!

I'm sorry that must put a lot of people in horrible positions :(

I wouldn't blame you for becoming a stay at home mum especially with two to pay for child care.

I get the hard stomach bit and if I've been lying on my side when I lie on my back I can feel a hard bump on the side baby is on. It's a weird feeling!

Mine is defo on the left where baby is! How far up is uterus at 13 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->