November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

hi ladies,

I'm so excited that I'm about to finish my 1st trimester! Unfortunatelly I have some odd gut feeling.... When I went for a reassurance scan at 6w4d sonographer said I was in fact at the very beginning of my 6th week. Then at my 10w scan ... Obstetrician said baby was measuring exactly 10w ( measurements were 23.3mm which I think is only 9w3d or so...) Now I'm going to my dating scan on Friday and to be honest I have this gut feeling that baby is going to be smaller that I thought... so I might be less advanced in pregnancy than I thought....

Any of you had this feeling before?

If your going be less doesnt sound like it would be anything more than 5 days.

Babies tend to do a lot of surprizing at dating scans and show up more than we are expecting. Good luck for it :D

MummytoAmber - I found when I did my birth plan with my 1st it was a complete waste of time. I think you have the right attitude, figure out what you would like and just go with the flow. :)

Yeah with my second baby they did want some input in my notes so all i put was.

Be active
No epi

haha :p

I have NO clue for birth plan. I know I want natural with am epidural lol. That's it. I'm still only 12 weeks and have yet to meet with a obgyn yet. I go for my second prenatal on Thursday with my GP so hopefully wile will tackle the OBGYN issue then. I know there are two at the clinic where my doc is. So maybe he'll refer me to one of them.

I sometimes feel I'm not preparing myself enough for the pregnancy. Like I have books and read them when I can. But I'm just so tired when I get home I barely have energy most nights. I don't know if I should be doing more to prepare myself and OH for our first. Am I the only one in the same boat ?

I have NO clue for birth plan. I know I want natural with am epidural lol. That's it. I'm still only 12 weeks and have yet to meet with a obgyn yet. I go for my second prenatal on Thursday with my GP so hopefully wile will tackle the OBGYN issue then. I know there are two at the clinic where my doc is. So maybe he'll refer me to one of them.

I sometimes feel I'm not preparing myself enough for the pregnancy. Like I have books and read them when I can. But I'm just so tired when I get home I barely have energy most nights. I don't know if I should be doing more to prepare myself and OH for our first. Am I the only one in the same boat ?

I feel the same way! Like...should I be preparing more? What else should I be doing or reading? :shrug:

I feel the same way! Like...should I be preparing more? What else should I be doing or reading? :shrug:

I'm glad I'm not alone ! Like my mom's friends have given us a lot of baby stuff (crib, car seat, high chair, etc). So we won't need to buy any of that. So I'm just here well I guess that's all taken care of lol. I just don't want to be scrambling last minute !

hi ladies,

I'm so excited that I'm about to finish my 1st trimester! Unfortunatelly I have some odd gut feeling.... When I went for a reassurance scan at 6w4d sonographer said I was in fact at the very beginning of my 6th week. Then at my 10w scan ... Obstetrician said baby was measuring exactly 10w ( measurements were 23.3mm which I think is only 9w3d or so...) Now I'm going to my dating scan on Friday and to be honest I have this gut feeling that baby is going to be smaller that I thought... so I might be less advanced in pregnancy than I thought....

Any of you had this feeling before?

I was put back 6 days at my 12/40 scan last week. I wasn't too surprised as I was put back 2 full weeks with DD1 and this time I didn't test positive until 5+1/40 by dates. It's still been frustrating being stuck at 12 weeks for an extra week, though! Good luck for your scan.

In terms of birth plan, I'll be having an elective c-section due to a very obstructed labour last time. My birth plan will be: "Natural c-section (slow delivery of baby, possibly delayed cord clamping), baby straight to us for skin to skin, breastfeed in theatre if possible." Not too exciting!

salu - id say dont worry can learn a lot in short space :)

With my first i found out at 19w, was by week 28 when everything settled down drama wise with our families and just getting whole head around it.

I did everything in 10-12w it was more than enough. i say go enjoy some couple time for a bit longer and plenty of zzzz :p

Just got my emma dairy pack, whole pack of wipes cant complain at that.

Re: birth plan...my OB is very supportive of a VBAC, but she's very up-front and honest as well, and told me that I have less than a 50% chance of a successful VBAC, given the reason for my last section (failure to progress - literally only dilated to 1.5cm, and even that was because the doc stretched me from a 1 to a 1.5 to break my water, and I still didn't dilate).

Honestly, I'd be okay with a RCS, except I'm so worried about c-section recovery with a toddler in tow. She'll be 2 years 4 months when baby is born, and I'm pretty sure won't understand the fact that she can't jump up in my lap. Granted, weekdays she'll be in daycare, DH works from home so won't have to "go back to work" and leave me all alone, and we do now have family close by who can help with her, so it wouldn't be horrible, but still - yuck. I know I still have some time to decide (doc will let me go to 41 weeks to try for a VBAC, and I can schedule RCS anytime after 39 weeks), but it's always at the back of my mind.

I'm hoping for a vbac too my age gap is 2 years 3 months is rather not another c section though it was fine and recovery went well I didn't have a toddler then! Mine was due to breech so fingers crossed shouldn't happen again. I'd love a water birth but they might have to monitor me :(

That's funny apple...I have a July 2012 DD, and will have a November 2014 LO as well. Must be a common age difference! :)

About a borth plan there is a lovely Birth Centre here where I live, but as far as I know they are a bit picky and they really decide who gets in and who don't .... It's a shame because I think most of people should be able to get in :(

I was told that because I hve hypothiroidism is will be totally fine for the rest of the pregnancy if controlled but because my file has a small " red spot" I'll have to fight them in order to get in as they directly reject people to get in if there is a erd spot ton the file without even reading what is the problem :(

But I think I will just go with the flow :D

I feel like I haven't planned much either. And haven't bought anything yet. Now that we know we're team blue I guess we can go register.

apple20 here where I live if you had a c section you are not elligible to have a waterbirth... And is said that people who had breeched baby tend to have again breeched babies? That is what I heard

apple20 here where I live if you had a c section you are not elligible to have a waterbirth... And is said that people who had breeched baby tend to have again breeched babies? That is what I heard

Yeah I get the feeling I'll not be allowed as they will probably want me on the Monitor not sure what I'd hate more c section or having to stay in one place through labour. The surgeons told me after (like straight after, great timing) there was no obvious reason why he was breech you should be fine to give birth vaginally next time.

oh yeah, having a c section doesnt mean that you wont be able to give birth naturally this time :)

In terms of birth plan, last time I just had 3 definite requests so that's all I put...
- dh to announce the gender at birth
- dh to bottle feed baby first (I had a severe bf phobia...actually went on to bf F for 15 months but that's a whole other story!!)
-and epidural ASAP!!!!
Everything else that I didn't feel that strongly about either way I left to fate. I was dry happy with how things went. I would really recommend to first time mums try not to decide too many things that you want...especially things that are out of your control? I know so many ladies that struggled after the birth with things that did not go to 'their plan!
On the other hand if there is something you feel really strongly about just write it down and make sure dh knows too. Xxx

Oh Laura just remembered the belly button comment. Mine popped out last time and I discovered I had a mole inside!! It's just started opening again now...weird :wacko: xxx

Has anybody else felt flutters at beginning and then not anymore? I read it was normal but not sure...hubby says he feels baby move when he presses my stomach...maybe its normal to me since i had a pooch after i had my LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->