November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Does your insurance cover ultrasounds (if you have it)? If they do, I say go to the earlier, more convenient scan day at the private scanner; if they declare it's too early, then make an appointment to have one with the doctor. If it's the only one you're getting, then I don't know...however, babies don't even cooperate for a 20 wk scan sometimes, with different angles and everything! My full opinion (and probably what I would do) is go for it.

My insurance covers the ones that the doctor does... There are 3 that I'll definitely get if more aren't needed for complications or anything. However, instead of waiting until July to find out the gender, I am paying out of pocket to get an additional one with a private place that does them. On their page, it says you must be at least 16 weeks to do the gender determination, but I'm literally a day off, so I feel like it really doesn't make a difference. They also will have you back once if they can't tell the gender at the ultrasound for free.

Oh! Then I say definitely fudge your EDD a little at the private one ;) One day really shouldn't be the difference between BOY or GIRL.

Exactly and people find out earlier than that at other places, so I don't see it being an issue! Thanks :D Just need some reassurance.

Looking for opinions ladies... We were going to do our gender ultrasound at 16 weeks 1 day, because it was the soonest that they had an appointment open for us to do it and they require a minimum of 16 weeks to do the gender appointments. It's at a private ultrasound place, so not affiliated with my doctor.

There are now some appointments open 2 days before that, which are available on a Saturday, which is much more convenient for us, as well as our family. Should I book the appointment, even though I will only be 15 weeks 6 days? Or do you think I should just wait and do it at night two days later (this requires me to take off work, which is fine, just not ideal obviously).

i cant see day or 2 being a problem, if it was a week id say no. Its completely up to you :)

Question - is it too early to start on the nursery? Right now, it's an "office"..and my husband's hideaway. I don't want to kick him out of there yet, but I do want to start painting and putting in shelving and things. He tells me it's way too early, I tell him he's crazy. But is he right?

Question - is it too early to start on the nursery? Right now, it's an "office"..and my husband's hideaway. I don't want to kick him out of there yet, but I do want to start painting and putting in shelving and things. He tells me it's way too early, I tell him he's crazy. But is he right?

I think it's a personal decision and whatever you're comfortable with. I don't plan to work on the nursery until 20 weeks to start, but if you feel comfortable doing it, then go for it!

i have urge to decorate but think its bit early, ill have nothing left to do in summer holidays. Im going wait till after my 20w scan. Ive already sorted my bag incase i need it ha, i have pretty much everything apart from cot and pushchair.

Congrats kazine!

Anxious for my gender scan ughh tuesday please come any faster

My bump today at 15+2! I feel huge! This is after food so slightly bigger than usual but wow I feel huge today! Is anyone as big as me?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 15
My bump today at 15+2! I feel huge! This is after food so slightly bigger than usual but wow I feel huge today! Is anyone as big as me?

I'm a few days ahead of you but I am bigger! I am absolutely huge considering this is my 1st baby. I have my gender scan tomorrow and I'm scared they are going to tell me that this baby is a giant!

Attachments

• 15 week bump.jpg
    15 week bump.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 9

I'm a few days ahead of you but I am bigger! I am absolutely huge considering this is my 1st baby. I have my gender scan tomorrow and I'm scared they are going to tell me that this baby is a giant!

I am sure in 3 days time I will be the same! This makes me feel better most definitely! When I sit down though I just look fat :( do you find this?

Im kind of like you Laura except im a bit bloated on bottom of the friends also lol but slightly the same. I use the dopler every other morning and i find the HB super quick now but hubby wants me to get rid of it since im a worrier

im like a beach whale my belly/bump been all crampy today, not use to me walking so much i think.

Ok ladies so this is me on my pyjamas hahaha at 12w 4d I thought it was a bloat but I wake up and go to bed and belly is the same LOL Is it normal for a first baby? I think my OB told me my utero is leading forward or something like that.
Anyway let me know what you think xx

https://s23.postimg.org/ego20yrgn/IMG_20140518_WA0008.jpg

I am sure in 3 days time I will be the same! This makes me feel better most definitely! When I sit down though I just look fat :( do you find this?

It depends what time of day, if I haven't eaten yet I just look fat, if I have eaten a meal recently then it is all pushed forward I look more pregnant but it definitely isn't a nice round bump when I sit :( I do a lot of covering my stomach with cushions or jumpers when sitting for a long period of time.

littlefishy I'm sure your bumps looks gorgeous! And be proud of it :D
I'm on that point where people don't know if I'm fat or pregnant hahaha Is just curious, my mum says I won't be able to pass through doors when I'm 6 months If I keep growing like this! The funny thing is that I only put 2kg on since I'm pregnant!

I feel the same way too sometimes. If I've eaten a lot during the day, it feels a little harder but then it just looks like I have a fat tummy. I usually wear wrap sweaters when I go out so I can cover if I feel people may look at my funny, lol

Congrats Kazine

I've been to the baby show today too only got a couple of bits including a chewable necklace for my teething toddler (I wear necklace btw) we got a snugglebundl for DS and it was our best buy passed it on to friends but will get it back! It was ace for getting him to sleep abs easily moving him used to have him in it in they pushchair then if we got home we'd easily move him to cot/bouncer. Did you see the powerasssisted pushchairs?!?!

littlefishy I'm sure your bumps looks gorgeous! And be proud of it :D
I'm on that point where people don't know if I'm fat or pregnant hahaha Is just curious, my mum says I won't be able to pass through doors when I'm 6 months If I keep growing like this! The funny thing is that I only put 2kg on since I'm pregnant!

haha that's the same as me. I am all belly, I haven't gained a single lb yet but a giant bump, I'm going not going to be able to stand up without toppling over by 9 months!

My little girl :)

tumblr_n5s9ycxL2E1rzr014o7_1280.png

tumblr_n5s9ycxL2E1rzr014o6_1280.png

tumblr_n5s9ycxL2E1rzr014o3_1280.png

tumblr_n5s9ycxL2E1rzr014o1_1280.png

tumblr_n5s9ycxL2E1rzr014o2_1280.png

tumblr_n5s9ycxL2E1rzr014o4_1280.png

tumblr_n5s9ycxL2E1rzr014o5_1280.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts