November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

My tummy is not a proper bump yet either cjwn, it's more a thickening?!

I love bonfire night mummytoamber, it's a shame this year may be spent inside? Funny that your dh had such a strong feeling, I wonder if he's right? I'm hoping Bug will come on Bonfire night, I would love to be in labour with the fireworks going off!! My mum announced over the weekend she would prefer if it didn't arrive on her birthday (the 1st), I was like 'thanks for the pressure mum!'. This time I just want it to come when ready, with F I was due on the 9th of January and I was so intent on missing christmas, then new year, then two cousins birthdays on the 11th and 12th, then friday the 13th and then on the 14th of January I heaved myself up from the sofa and decided I was ready for a baby...she came the next day!!

Experienced mummy's; how long do babies usually stay in newborn clothes? And are tiny baby clothes needed?

I know it depends on baby's birth weight though but just roughly?

I agree with the fruit being confusing! I was a peach last week, now a lemon. Lemons seem smaller!

Experienced mummy's; how long do babies usually stay in newborn clothes? And are tiny baby clothes needed?

I know it depends on baby's birth weight though but just roughly?

plus speed they gain at haha and how long they are.

My first was 8lb 10oz but long in newborn for 2weeks. Check the tags if i remember rightly every brand comes up to different weight. I think its mainly had upto 10lb.
Then they wouldnt fit length wise but fine weight wise.

Got first size which is upto 14lb i think. These lasted a bit longer.
Tiny baby was never needed.

My second as we were expecting larger i just bought couple newborn and more first size.
Well when she arrived newborn didnt fit at all, could barely see her in snowsuit when we left from hospital. Day after i had to send hubby out to find tiny clothes it said on tag tiny was upto 7lb yet she was 7lb 11oz they still had bit leg room, she was much shorter. She was a slow gainer think clothes lasted much longer.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Wow it moves quick in here! Love all the baby bump pics. I look a bit bigger but don't really have a bump yet. I stayed small until about 20 weeks with dd so looks like it'll be the same again this time. Here's my 14 week 'bump' shot.

Laurarebecca my daughter was small at birth (5lb4) and ended up in tiny baby for about 4 weeks then in newborn / 0-3 for another 4 weeks. My nephew was too tall for newborn stuff so it was all wasted on him. I think you need to just play it by ear, maybe buy a few bits but don't go overboard. I got loads after dd was born from tesco / asda etc. it's so easy to but extra clothes if you need them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 7
My tummy is not a proper bump yet either cjwn, it's more a thickening?!

I love bonfire night mummytoamber, it's a shame this year may be spent inside? Funny that your dh had such a strong feeling, I wonder if he's right? I'm hoping Bug will come on Bonfire night, I would love to be in labour with the fireworks going off!! My mum announced over the weekend she would prefer if it didn't arrive on her birthday (the 1st), I was like 'thanks for the pressure mum!'. This time I just want it to come when ready, with F I was due on the 9th of January and I was so intent on missing christmas, then new year, then two cousins birthdays on the 11th and 12th, then friday the 13th and then on the 14th of November I heaved myself up from the sofa and decided I was ready for a baby...she came the next day!!

If im having no major signs id love to still go im about 40min away. If not girls room overlooks big park in city centre where have a big display.

I think that would be very different. I really wanted it to snow while in labour, that had me fixed haha.

You went really early last time?
Hubby never says anything like this, its very weird comment from him.

I need to avoid the 3rd i think thats MIL bday then mine on 16th.
How this baby all came about is very odd, hubby grandad had stoke 15th nov last year. Sadly he passed away 2 weeks later, before i got my bfp i had strong feeling was spirit in the house. I know a lot people dont believe in these things.

For a few nights i heard foot steps up and down landing, to one point i got up and went to bottom of stairs expecting hubby to appear around the corner but he didnt.
Youngest started not sleeping saying she was scared and was monsters around, totally out the blue.
One evening i was in my room getting ready i was only one in the house, i heard was very odd high pitch scretch/roar sound from the landing area i kept hearing foot steps previously, 1 light out of 3 kept flicking on that landing make sure wasnt loose and swapped them around but wouldnt stop.

Then day before my bfp i was in kitchen, all of a sudden i had this crazy rush of feelings. I thought myself "Im Pregnant."
Then next thought was "Its from hubby grandad, thats whos been wondering around"

Next day i did a digi and words "Pregnant" i burst into tears and thanked him (in my head) for this gift. I never heard anything since that day.

Why i feel 15th nov maybe my babies birth day.
Sorry for the long post.

I agree with Anniebobs, it totally depends on the baby for clothes. gestation and size. F was 7 days over (sorry mummytoamber November was a typo!! :blush: meant January!) and born at 9lbs, she naturally is slim but with long limbs and torso so I never needed tiny baby and she only lasted in newborn a few weeks. But due to her being very sicky, we did use a fair few changes of clothes within those first weeks. I kept her in babygros for the first few weeks though, rather than proper outfits, it was easier and they look more newborn that way! I would say unless scans are showing otherwise forget tiny baby items and just buy a small selection of newborns. If you go into labour early someone can rush and get you some last minute tiny outfts and then when baby girl comes you can see how big she is and what she needs?

mummytoamber that is such a cool story! What was the Grandad's name? Could it be incorporated somehow with this baby?
My Grandad passed away coming up for a year ago and his birthday was the 11th of November so I do feel his spirit is with us with this baby. If it is a boy we are thinking of including Eric as a middle name in honour.

xxx

Thanks guys, I'm defo planning on buying newborn babygrows and keeping her in them for quite a few weeks because it's much easier!!

I'm sure she won't be small anyway lol so newborn and 0-3 it is!

Hey everyone,
Havnt been on for a while and just read through all the posts.Glad everyone is doing well,and congrats on all the gender reveals.
I havnt been great,since 12 weeks ive been to the hospital twice,once for severe HG,and a few days ago for bleeding,which has now stopped.Thankfully everything is fine with baby,we have had a couple of extra scans due to the hospital visits,and its been lovely to see baby wiggling around.
Im 17 weeks and still feel like im yet to start enjoying my pregnancy,last time was just wonderful,and i expected the same this time.
On the strength of that we have completely changed our minds about staying team yellow,and have decided to find out the gender,as i feel i will help me embrace the pregnancy a bit more.We have a scan booked at 18 weeks,june 5th and we are both really looking forward to it.
:dust:

Sorry you've been having a tricky time Dogtanian...I am so glad things are looking better and the professionals have been looking after you :hugs:

Good idea about the gender scan to make you feel more of a connection. I do think what you are feeling is common with second baby anyway though? I planned this second child, ttc'ed excitedly for several months and was ecstatic with the bfp, but since each step has almost been an anticlimax?? and I feel so guilty saying it. I do just feel this baby is not as 'real' as F was?? :shrug: Maybe because I haven't the time to focus on it as much? Or maybe because of the guilt I still have over having another child? Anyway I'm sure we will all be just as connected once they are safely in our arms.

Excited to see what you are having Dogtanian...any inklings? xxx

Everything you have said is so right PK,i was so into TTC and mega excited when i got my BFP,but the whole experience has just been so different with a 2 year old to deal with.Im trying not to dwell on it and just embrace these new experiences,no matter how exhausted i feel!
I really dont have any inklings,if i had to guess at gunpoint i would say girl but its really not based on any sort of mothers intuition,i dont think i have any! lol
Hubs thinks its a boy,but this time we just dont have a feeling either way,so we are now very anxious to find out.
Do you have a feeling with yours?
:dust:

I really don't know...some days I think boy and some girl, I felt like this last time!

I dont know about you ladies but my boobs are killingggggg me! I noticed everytime i get out of the shower my nips get a bit crusty like if its colostrum. I havent leaked as with my LO just yet.

My boobs are finally not as sore, but as I'm usually pretty small chested - I'm loving the larger girls! haha

Haha twinkle i hate mine! I already had boobs so now bigger ughh lol..i was 34c now im 34d omgggg lord help me lol

Ugh.
Why do I have to be craving a deli sandwich?
I swear this happens only when I'm pregnant and can't have deli meat.
I might have to get sandwich stuff for dinner tonight...so I can heat it up to steaming, blah blah blah.

But now I don't know what to have for lunch. Dilemmas, dilemmas. It's only 10:30am, though...I have some time to think ;)

I crave italian subs sometimes now. I had one a few weeks ago at home where I could heat it up first. It's not the same though!

Not sure about you all but here we have Subway i usedddd to love it now i cant even see a damn pic about it i hate it. Its weird how pregnancy affects favorite foods

Haha twinkle i hate mine! I already had boobs so now bigger ughh lol..i was 34c now im 34d omgggg lord help me lol

I had big boobs before I was pregnant 36D. Now they ginormous! I don't even know what size they are...the DD maternity bra I ordered barely fits

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->