November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Mine is doing awfully well, least the totally draining me has helped.

#1 born at 40+4 was 8lb 10oz and very long.
#2 born at 41+2 (expected to be 9lb 10oz) was 7lb 11oz and little shortie

Im really looking forward to this baby stats :D

Been watching OBEM ever since I found it on YouTube.
I have to say, the first few episodes left me with a very bad impression of English dads! They were all jerks!
I finally saw an episode last night with a supportive, loving, happy Dad. And he was 17! Really hoping this starts trending better because I'm sitting there the whole time watching, wanting to snap at those dads! Grrrr.

But yeah, I'm addicted now.

So in regards to baby weight, I'm a little nervous. I was a big baby. I don't even know that the word big does it justice. I was 11lbs 14 oz. :shrug: In my defense I was 2 weeks late but still. Lol and I have decided my mother was a complete crazy woman. She had me at home with no pain meds. I'm really hoping me being born a toddler doesn't mean I will also have a toddler size newborn.

Been watching OBEM ever since I found it on YouTube.
I have to say, the first few episodes left me with a very bad impression of English dads! They were all jerks!
I finally saw an episode last night with a supportive, loving, happy Dad. And he was 17! Really hoping this starts trending better because I'm sitting there the whole time watching, wanting to snap at those dads! Grrrr.

But yeah, I'm addicted now.

I agree!! :haha:

Just remember though, since it is for TV they tend only to show the couples that are "interesting" or that will provoke a reaction!!

So in regards to baby weight, I'm a little nervous. I was a big baby. I don't even know that the word big does it justice. I was 11lbs 14 oz. :shrug: In my defense I was 2 weeks late but still. Lol and I have decided my mother was a complete crazy woman. She had me at home with no pain meds. I'm really hoping me being born a toddler doesn't mean I will also have a toddler size newborn.

Ooh I found myself squeezing my legs together reading this!! :blush:

Oh yes they always show cheeky dads on obem! Although my dh was a tad useless at first!!

I can't remember any weights from pregnancy with F, but the midwife did predict a small baby...she said 7lbs at most, but I knew we have big babies in my family and F was 9lb! 98th centile, she quickly dropped down to 25th centile over the first few months, which they worried about but it was exactly what I did when I was a child, she is now still on the 25th at 2.5 and tall and skinny like I imagined!

I'm feeling huge today and so sluggish. At least I'm done with work for the week :yipee:

Haven't gotten predicted baby weight yet....maybe when I go in for next prenatal or when I finally get to meet my OB!
Feeling tight and crampy today - thank god not fat too lol. 2 weeks 1 day until 20 week scan. It can't come soon enough !

I have 2 pitbulls…one is 7 years and the other is 11 months old. I'm having a dog trainer come over today to do an evaluation and start training. It's mostly for my little guy but he said if you have more than 1 dog they like to train them together. I need to speed up the process of him listening better before baby gets here.

Mariemo and TravelingMom, I live in Arlington, but used to live in the plano area. I worked in pharmacy at the Albertsons on Park and Parker about 10 years ago, and I worked at the first Albertsons in Frisco, back when there was only an Albertsons and not much else but dirt roads for miles. That really shows my age, lol. I havn't been to Frisco since then and heard it's a bustling little city now. How funny.

A little late on this topic, but add another DFW area girl to the list of Texas ladies on this thread. Except I am about 15 minutes south of Dallas.

Also, I thought I might share a few pictures from my scan on the 14th. They got a really good 3D shot too :) She is a big time mover, the first picture is the position she was in when they first started the ultrasound, she is doing crazy things already!

BABY GIRL upside down.jpg

BABY GIRL 3d.jpg

baby feet.jpg

I have 2 pitbulls…one is 7 years and the other is 11 months old. I'm having a dog trainer come over today to do an evaluation and start training. It's mostly for my little guy but he said if you have more than 1 dog they like to train them together. I need to speed up the process of him listening better before baby gets here.

We need to do something like that with ours. 3 1/2 year old shitzu. It's OHs sisters dog, but spends 99% of the time at our place (which I hate). He's been really agressive lately and I'm worried it's going to scare the baby or he's going to do something when we bring baby home.

My dogs aren't aggressive but the little one just doesn't listen. The trainer just left and said he would def be able to help so I'm happy about that

I have an 80 pound American Bulldog and she growls and shows teeth when the kids mess with her, but has never even nipped them. I'm not worried about how she'll act with Macie, but I will be extra careful with the baby around the dog food bowl and will keep an extra close eye at all times. I've heard bad stories about people's babies getting bit and they have to put the dog down, It'd kill me to have to do that to mine. I love her like my own child. Awful thought.

Ya I don't want to put the dog down. But I've told OHs sister that if he doesn't behave around the baby then he will have to go live with them until the baby is older.
There's just a major separation of discipline with the dog. His sister doesn't like to discipline much and spoils him whereas DH and I try our very best to discipline when needed, sometimes doesn't go over too well !

I have one little Teddy Bear dog (Shih Tzu/Bichon mix). He's the sweetest little thing, and I'm not worried in the slightest how he'll do around babies. My BFF used to dog sit him 2-3 days a week when her son was an infant, and he's always done really well around babies. DH and I were actually about to get a second dog when we found out we were pregnant. Once we found out it was twins, thoughts of another puppy went out the window- just too much. I do feel bad that my "first born" won't have the puppy dog brother or sister we were planning though- at least not any day soon.

Okay, I think I may have felt my first Braxton Hicks. I had this sudden feel like I'd just finished an intense ab workout and my belly felt tight. Was that it?

My dog grew up with my son. I remember when we first got her my son was in diapers and my dog had her first period before we got her fixed. I cut a hole in the back of my son's diapers and put them on her so she wouldn't make a mess all over the house. I have a picture of them both wearing diapers standing at the window looking out and it is so cute! It was a pain though, having to potty train both a puppy and a child.

Missy congrats on the twins by the way! Your dog will have both a new little brother and sister! Your doggy won't know the difference between dog and human, to them the new babies will be part of it's pack.

We have an 8 year old Pit Bull, and he is the sweetest and quietest dog I've ever met. He's never shown aggression to anyone, even very small children. Lately, though, his anxiety has gone through the ROOF. When we leave, he hides and gets stuck under our bed or in the bathtub. We closed the bedroom doors to keep the house cool when we left one day, and he tore a hole through the door trying to get into the room. He hurt himself pretty bad in the process :( Hoping that he isn't going senile, but feeling like he can feel our anxiety toward the changing family and is acting on that. My poor hubby is so torn about it.

Okay, I think I may have felt my first Braxton Hicks. I had this sudden feel like I'd just finished an intense ab workout and my belly felt tight. Was that it?

It definitely could be. If the normally squishy parts of your belly are suddenly firm, and your uterus is firm all over...that's possibly it!

I've been getting them multiple times a day now. So trippy.

I was a bottomless pit today. Sooo hungry! Until dinner when I had just a little bit and then felt incredibly full. Guess my all day snacking caught up to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->