November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Is gtt the drink? My dr mentioned it at my appt yesterday. She said we'll discuss it and everything next appointment end of July

yes to check for gestational diabetes.
I managed to avoid it last time as it was walk in service, this time i got booked in at 12w :(

Sorry about the health insurance issues. I am on insurance through work so I don't know much how any of that works. Good luck figuring it all out.

Missy. We want a a bump pic! Haha

MarieMo, how fun!!! I sort of love having a bump. :)

Saw a friend tonight who had a 10 lb 11 oz baby. Yikes! She was two weeks late, tried induction for three days, then had a C section. Poor thing! Her little boy is super cute though.

I took today off as we get the Fourth off as holiday so now I have a 4 day weekend. Going to check out two daycares this morning then lunch and shopping with my Mom!
Need a beach bag, maternity swim suit, and will start scoping out cribs and such. :)

I have my glucose test July 21. I'm pretty sure everyone in the US has to take it and it's up to your healthcare provider in the UK

We've got to do them here in Canada ad well. Not too sure when I have to take mine.

Twinkle, I'm off today too! We have 9/80 where we get to take off every Friday off, and I'm off this Friday and since it's a holiday, I get to have Thursday too, woohoo! We're off camping today. Just somewhere near.. no roughing it for me especially with my condition. DD is super excited :)

cncem, sorry to hear about your troubles :( I'm not really familiar with it, as I get my insurance through work. I hope you're able to find a solution soon. You shouldn't have to worry about this, especially with the baby coming and all.

Yaaay Marie! Tickles ya pink, eh? :)

Geralyn, I agree, I think the glucose test is pretty mandatory here in the US? I think.. I know I had it with DD and I'm pretty sure I'll have it again sometime in the late 2nd tri or in the 3rd tri.

I have my GTT on Monday, same day as my anatomy/gender scan. I have to do it early as I have some risk factors (overweight, mom has type 2 diabetes). I don't expect I'll have a problem as I had the same risks last time, plus twins, and I passed with flying colors.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Only 4 days until I find out the gender! :D

Thanks for the add PK! I love how you added baby names to the front page as well!

I have been trying to read back and catch up, I look forward to sharing this journey with you all!

cncem - I work in health insurance, I think I can help :)

Your kids losing chip coverage is a qualifying event for you to add them to your plan through the marketplace. You just need to contact them with the documentation ASAP.
As far as deductible, there are a couple of factors, mostly dependent on what kind of plan you're on. If you've met the family deductible, then adding more dependents on won't impact your deductible, as long as you don't switch plans. If you've only met individual deductible, then you may now be responsible for them as well.
So, if your deductible for family is 3k, and you've already met 3k, they'll move right along into coinsurance with you.

I hope this helps - if you want some more clarification/explanation, PM me.

Having a contraction RIGHT NOW. Weird.

Had my 20 week scan today. Add me to the list who has to go back for another scan because baby wouldn't cooperate. Need to see her heart valves. She's still a girl, though, so that's good! Little stinker moved around so much that the tech couldn't get any good pictures. Boo! She was super active. Also, doc said she's breech but that 97% of breech babies at 20 weeks will correct themselves by deliver.

She also said my cervix is very long, measuring 4.5cm, when normal for this stage is 2.5cm. She said that it's good because I don't have to be cautious about preterm labor, but bad because it very possibly means that my cervix isn't very favorable to labor - which was my big problem with DD1. Another issue with the VBAC. Hopefully that takes care of itself in the next 4 months!

Hopefully it does Mariemo! I had nightmares last night of having this baby preterm. Gah! Add that to the list of worries. At least you won't have that problem it sounds like.

I finally, Finally got my insurance thing figured out, after being on the phone all day trying to get my kids added to my insurance. There was a glitch in the system, something about my husband's income coming up zero, I don't know why, but the third lady I talked to got a supervisor and between the two worked it out. My premium will be about $50 more a month, but my deductable will stay the same, and as I've already just met it that's a relief. So that is done. At one point one gentleman I was talking to said I would have to be on medicaid because of my pregnancy if I qualified and I panicked because I would have to change docs and all, but we don't qualify, whew.

Oh, and about the gtt thing, I failed the one hour test with both of my previous pregnancies and had to go in for a four hour test, fasting, and passed that one both times. That was no fun at all. This time I had an early gtt, 1 hour test, no fasting and passed that one, but doc said I'd have to do another one later, so probably at next appt. Now I'm worried about having gestational diabetes, my mom has diabetes. I really have never been such a worryer, I guess it is just my bp and being "high risk" that has me worrying about every little thing this time around. Hopefully I pass the test and won't have to worry about that, on to the next worry, lol.

Half-way there today, if my boy is a punctual as his momma.:happydance:

Having a contraction RIGHT NOW. Weird.

She also said my cervix is very long, measuring 4.5cm, when normal for this stage is 2.5cm. She said that it's good because I don't have to be cautious about preterm labor, but bad because it very possibly means that my cervix isn't very favorable to labor - which was my big problem with DD1. Another issue with the VBAC. Hopefully that takes care of itself in the next 4 months!

Really? I had my cervix measured on Tuesday when I was concerned from my spotting. It was 5cm. My doctor said that looked great and stop worrying, and nothing about how maybe it might not be favorable for a VBAC. Oh well...I'll probably have a C Section anyway given twins, and of the two options, preterm labor scares me much more!

Twinkle, I'm off today too! We have 9/80 where we get to take off every Friday off, and I'm off this Friday and since it's a holiday, I get to have Thursday too, woohoo! We're off camping today. Just somewhere near.. no roughing it for me especially with my condition. DD is super excited :)

cncem, sorry to hear about your troubles :( I'm not really familiar with it, as I get my insurance through work. I hope you're able to find a solution soon. You shouldn't have to worry about this, especially with the baby coming and all.

Yaaay Marie! Tickles ya pink, eh? :)

Geralyn, I agree, I think the glucose test is pretty mandatory here in the US? I think.. I know I had it with DD and I'm pretty sure I'll have it again sometime in the late 2nd tri or in the 3rd tri.

My company does 9-80 too, I love it!!!

Hi ladies, haven't posted in a long time, and there's been so much stuff I don't know if I can properly catch up. :( Kind of in lurk mode as I have a LOT to do at home to get ready for baby. My house is such a mess :nope: and baby doesn't even have a room yet...hubby's giving up the "office." So we have our work cut out for us.

Also knocked for a loop because DH's best friend and his wife...they are family to us. They lost their baby boy at 22 weeks this past Saturday. :cry: So sad.

Had a bit of bleeding which sorta freaked me out though I thought everything was *probably* fine. Nurse just reassured me for a while but they did have me in after I complained about it a couple of times or so. Turns out I have a cervical ectropion which is a normal finding for preggie ladies and doesn't affect baby at all. But it means I can have light bleeding from time to time. Cervix is closed so nothing to hint at preterm labor. So I'm obviously happy about that.

Hope all the US ladies have a fun 4th. Now back to lurk mode for me until I can catch up on stuff. :(

My 22 week bump; I'm filling out a lot more on the top now! Anybody else feel ginormous?

Edit: and can you see my belly button, it's starting to pop with the top bit forming a hood, has anyone else got this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 5
Ive got another scan today,this will be my third one to check the heart.They are convinced nothing is wrong,but baby is in a funny position and they cant see the four chambers.Fingers crossed it all goes well today,and that he has changed position so they can get what they need.
:dust:

Cute bump laura! I feel huge already and this little one is active enough...my belly button kinda looks like yours my bump is all round and on the belly button part it looks flat. With my LO my button didnt pop out at all so i hope it doesnt with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->