November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I'm hoping to labour in the water, not sure about giving birth in there yet, but I know they won't let me anywhere near the pool if I've been induced. Last time was strapped to bed with IV and continuous fetal heart monitoring which was awful so anything to avoid that this time round... Tonight's effort will involve nipple stimulation courtesy of my electric breast pump! I hate being pregnant.

Wouldnt let me near pool in hosp regardless because of strep b even though nothing to suggest it wouls cause a problem.

Im planning on doing it all in pool at home.

Congrats Ladies on all of your gorgeous new bundles!

EyeMom: What a birth story! :)

Salu: You were right and I bet they were contractions! <3

Hope those that have gone over, have their babies like now.

AFM: Last Dr. Appt. and ultrasound yesterday. Baby is estimated to weigh 7lbs 13oz. I go Monday for my induction and she'll arrive Tuesday.

Ladies that have been strep B positive in the past, how did it impact your birth? Wondering what it really means for me...

Just a funny little anecdote- yesterday I sneezed and peed on the kitchen floor :wacko:

My almost 2 year old daughter decided to use it as a teaching opportunity: "No Mama. Potty floor naughty. Potty toilet!"

Translation: Mama, you peed on the floor! That's naughty. Pee goes in the toilet! :haha:

Thanks honey. I'll do better next time.

image.jpg

Here is my baby boy...i tried uploading before from my cellphone but it wouldnt work and i just tried it with the ipad....thats currently the view right now...tomorrow he will be 2 weeks! Yikes!! Time flies by!

Jalanis, Congrats! He is soooo cute! <3

Ladies that have been strep B positive in the past, how did it impact your birth? Wondering what it really means for me...

I've always been Group B positive. You have an IV during birth. I'm not sure if you have to be attached to monitors or not. Each time I've had to be attached to monitors but I was induced. It made it so I couldn't always labor in the position I wanted to. With #2 she would only allow me to be on my back. She'd be lost on the monitor if I tried another position. And really if you can avoid laboring on your back... Its what you want.

I had strep b positive at 14w. Ive spend months researching, going through thr risks.

I am not having iv unless certain situations arise, im still going ahead with my home birth.

Think im finally in early labour! Yey!

Labor vibes your way mummy !

I was on a penicillin IV drip when I gave birth since I was strep positive. Didn't interfere with anything. I wad on the IV drip as well and the monitor to watch her heart and my contraction level.

Wow, congrats to all the new mamas! I finally finished typing up my birth story. It took forever doing it bit by bit as I could. It's long but I'll share it if anyone's curious. Spoiler alert: in the back of an ambulance in the parking lot of a Walmart!!! https://babyg.brainstormwarning.org/2014/11/11/the-birth-story-its-epic/

I posted before but it was kind of a fly by, can I be added to the front page please? ^^ I don't really want to post her name, but we had a girl on November 5. 6 lbs 5 oz. She's perfect. <3

Edit: Didn't mention in the blog post, but night before DH and I tried that good ol' semen/prostaglandins trick. :blush: Turned out highly effective for us, lol. I told him if we ever have another, he's not allowed near me for the whole last month of pregnancy. :p

Congratulations again....what an amazing birth story! I know exactly what you mean about the pushing part. I had an epi last time and the pushing was very forced and lots of counting and effort. This time as my labour was too fast for the epi too, pushing was just instinctive...crazy! :wacko: thank you so. Much for sharing.
Added youto the front page now, sorry :blush: xxx

How it all happened.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday I had been having the late night contractions, but they didn't amount to anything, just ended 3-4 hours after they started. Monday was my OB appointment at 3pm. I started having contractions around 1pm, that were about 30 mins apart. Doctor said her head was engaged and I was still 4cm. Almost immediately after my appointment, I started having contractions that were 3-4 mins apart, and was still having light cramping throughout. Called the Birthing Unit when I got home, and the nurse said it was probably just due to my cervix check. I hung up, but nothing changed. I had a hot shower around 6pm to take my mind off it, it worked, but as soon as I got out, they were back. 9pm, I called back, and explained my situation, the nurse (a different one) said that if I wanted to come down to get checked out, I was more than welcome. Since OH just got his license, my sister came to pick us up. We got to the Birthing Unit, they checked me in, and I went into a room, where they hooked me up to check her heart rate and my contraction strength and frequency. The on-call doctor came in to check my cervix dilation, and it was at 5cm, she said "Alright, well you're staying tonight". Who knew I would be giving birth ?!?!
We got to my room, and my sisters boyfriend went to pick my mom other sister up. I told them that I wanted an epidural. Was told that because it was late (now almost 11pm), that there was only one person on call who could give it to me, but she put in the request. Contractions were getting stronger to deal with, but I was pushing trough. About 2 hours in, I was checked again, and I was dilated around 6-7 cm. I was then told that there was an emergency C-section and a surgery going on, so I would have to wait until about 2am for my epidural. The nurse asked if I wanted the Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) to help me calm down - although it wouldn't take away the pain. I took the gas, it actually helped me through the easier contractions - and boy was I loving it !! I made a few funny comments one being how I didn't know how the mom on 19 kids and counting could do this so many times, and another one when I was given the ice chips, I said they reminded me of the ice that Taco Bell use to have, lol. I kept my family amused. Around 230, a nurse came in to tell us that there had been a stabbing and that I would have to wait a little while longer for the epidural, all I could say was "Tell him to stay stable" lol. The doctor then came in to break my water, and Oh Holy Hell, the contractions that came were intense !! I was sucking on that gas. It then became apparent that I was NOT getting an epidural. The nurse and my mom were talking about it, and I knew right away. And just starting crying, I can't do this without one! Well, contractions became more intense and I really had to push, but was only 9.5 cm dilated so I couldn't. I think I even yelled I had to poop ! I was thrashing against the bed, and yelling so loud, they had to close the door to my room, so I didn't scare any of the other patients, lol. At 10cm, I began pushing. The pressure was intense, but that's all I could really feel. After about 10 minutes of pushing, she came out (which is a weird feeling!) They put her on me after cleaning her, and I held her crying my eyes out. I turned to see OH and he was crying too (first time I've ever seen him cry). I had a 1st degree tear that required only one stitch, thank god !
Here are some pics of my little princess.
10807756_10152591384928382_375599560_o.jpg

10800340_10152592504373382_2103370744_o.jpg

10800475_10152594054138382_2041933675_o.jpg

10756620_10152594581158382_1920882492_o.jpg

It's hard to believe that after 9months, she is finally here !

Graham Walker Fenwick is finally here! He arrived at 4:46pm on November 12 after a 20 hour induction. There were a few scares and 2 threatened c-sections because he was laying on his cord but we made if through and delivered this 10.6 pound 23 in. baby vaginally! He is perfect and alert and has taken to breast feeding extremely well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 5
Salu, great story! And congratulations, she's beautiful!

Traveling mom - wow! Amazing job delivering that little man, he's adorable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->