November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Thank you's. Think im finally going into labour. Pains much stronger & lots of bloody mucus. Hubby to busy enjoying his sleep, hes right moody mare when disturbed in the night lol

Thank you's. Think im finally going into labour. Pains much stronger & lots of bloody mucus. Hubby to busy enjoying his sleep, hes right moody mare when disturbed in the night lol

Hope dh wakes up in time!! Good luck! Xxxx

Hi! Congrats Salu and all the new mommies and good luck for the ladies still waiting, but my advice is be patient and don't have an induction unless you really have to. My labor didn't go well at all, cytotec didn't work and after 4 doses at 4 hours each they finally listened to me and gave me cervadil which worked and threw me into active labor but by then it was too late and I was having too long of labor, Macie wasn't doing well and doc said I needed the section. I was in labor for about 27 hours and ended up with a csec, I'm still a little traumatized but I hope I get over it soon. Macie is breastfeeding awesome now that I use a "spigot" (nipple shield). Before it she'd just latch and pull off and a session would take 2 hours, now she latches on right away, feeds awesome and is finished in 15 to 20 minutes. She also sleeps awesome, If I didn't wake her for feeds I bet she'd sleep through the night. She sleeps up to four hours straight, not fussy at all, only cries when we change her. Here is a pic. I love her so much!

Attachments

• Macie.jpg
    Macie.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 16
Last day at work for me tomorrow, though we are tempting fate for labor tonight by leaving OH's car at work, OH has a teaching evaluation in the morning, the gas tank in my car is almost empty, and I have a meeting in morning.

Good luck - fingers crossed for you :)

PK - Freya has been referred for a blood test on Monday due to prolonged jaundice but I am advised it is common in early babies, especially those who are breastfed...? Let us know how you get on?

Archer Grayson Lee was born at 1:00pm on Monday November 10, 2014 weighing 8lbs 14oz and was 22 1/2 inches long! Pictures to follow

Congratulations, cncem! She is beautiful! I'm sorry labor didn't go the way you hoped, and I hope your recovery is quick and smooth. :hugs:

Today is my last day at work! I can't believe I won't be back for 8 weeks, and I'll be meeting my baby on Monday :D

Congrats cncem! I'm sorry it didn't go as you planned or hoped - but you have a beautiful and healthy baby girl in your arms, so there is a silver lining :)

Trumpetbeth - congrats!! What a tall boy! Looking forward to pics.

Mummy - looking forward to updates and hope it's quick/easy for you!

DragonflyWing and MissyAnn - yay for last day of work! Mine is next Wednesday (my due date) and even though I'm ready to stop working - it's making the time go by so much faster! LOL. Although I could use a little downtime, my toddler hasn't been sleeping the best ;)

Mariemo- my toddlers have been sleeping poorly, too. I'm wondering if they're subconsciously aware that there is going to be a big change soon!

I think they know it's getting close. I'm getting the weirdest tantrums from my girl, and the sleeping issues...she's never been like this! Although I probably say that with every new stage she hits...sigh...

Just thought I would pop in and share a picture of my little lady! She was one week old in this picture (on Wednesday). I've been so busy just staring at her and trying to sleep that I haven't had time to get on here!

Congrats to all the mommies having their babies! There's so many now :happydance: to all the mommies still waiting, it won't be long now! :thumbup:

Kella's bruise on her forehead has gone away almost completely. The dent in the side of her head is still pretty pronounced, but her Doctor said as her head grows the plates underneath will shift into place. She is a very happy and alert baby who loves tummy time and moves nonstop. She's already trying to roll over and hold her head on her own, which causes me and her dad to panic every time her head flops around! She eats every couple of hours, and so sleeping has been kind of touch and go. As it is, I get about 2 hours before she's hungry...we've tried upping her intake, but I guess she just likes smaller meals in shorter intervals! I still can't believe just one week ago this wriggly squirmy baby was in my belly. She's so big and cute and amazing.

Attachments

• Smiles.jpg
    Smiles.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 16
Congrats on all the adorable babies!!!

Just found out at my doc appointment today that my baby girl is breech. It's a little late for them to be finding this out (38+5), so I wish they had checked sooner! It's not like I haven't been at the doctor's office every week. The doctor said he typically does an ultrasound to check baby's position at 37/38 weeks. So here I am at my 39 week appointment and they hadn't checked until now.... gr!

So, I have a few options.... I can try to do exercises this weekend to get baby girl to flip on her own. Or on Monday I can tell them whether I want to....
A) Try an ECV (where I go to the hospital and they physically try to move the baby by pushing on my belly from the outside) or...
B) schedule a C section for next week (the doctor likes to do breech C sections between 39 and 40 weeks).

The doctor said he typically likes to do ECVs earlier, like 37/38 weeks, because the baby has more room to move. He can tell that there isn't much fluid around her at this point... plus with me having an anterior placenta, that will be in the way of them being able to maneuver the baby as well. I have heard the ECV is very painful, and it's at best a 50% chance of working.

So.... right now I am leaning towards a scheduled C section next week. Eeek! I was thinking it would be great to have my baby next week, but this isn't how I was envisioning it! Just taking some time to wrap my head around it all...

Good luck - fingers crossed for you :)

PK - Freya has been referred for a blood test on Monday due to prolonged jaundice but I am advised it is common in early babies, especially those who are breastfed...? Let us know how you get on?
I heard that too. My Freya had it when she was born and I did too!
We got a call today to say the blood results were fine, so that's great news and his colour seems even better today. I hope for the same for your Freya too xxx

Archer Grayson Lee was born at 1:00pm on Monday November 10, 2014 weighing 8lbs 14oz and was 22 1/2 inches long! Pictures to follow
awwwwww congratulations xxx :cloud9:

Just thought I would pop in and share a picture of my little lady! She was one week old in this picture (on Wednesday). I've been so busy just staring at her and trying to sleep that I haven't had time to get on here!

Congrats to all the mommies having their babies! There's so many now :happydance: to all the mommies still waiting, it won't be long now! :thumbup:

Kella's bruise on her forehead has gone away almost completely. The dent in the side of her head is still pretty pronounced, but her Doctor said as her head grows the plates underneath will shift into place. She is a very happy and alert baby who loves tummy time and moves nonstop. She's already trying to roll over and hold her head on her own, which causes me and her dad to panic every time her head flops around! She eats every couple of hours, and so sleeping has been kind of touch and go. As it is, I get about 2 hours before she's hungry...we've tried upping her intake, but I guess she just likes smaller meals in shorter intervals! I still can't believe just one week ago this wriggly squirmy baby was in my belly. She's so big and cute and amazing.
Eeeeek she's so cute!
Glad she's doing so well. Hope she starts to sleep for longer soon xxx

I think they know it's getting close. I'm getting the weirdest tantrums from my girl, and the sleeping issues...she's never been like this! Although I probably say that with every new stage she hits...sigh...

Same here! They've been super whiney, and they've been hitting a lot as well. I think they may also be having a growth spurt, as my girl gained a full pound in a month, and my boy has been complaining that his legs hurt.

Congrats on all the adorable babies!!!

Just found out at my doc appointment today that my baby girl is breech. It's a little late for them to be finding this out (38+5), so I wish they had checked sooner! It's not like I haven't been at the doctor's office every week. The doctor said he typically does an ultrasound to check baby's position at 37/38 weeks. So here I am at my 39 week appointment and they hadn't checked until now.... gr!

So, I have a few options.... I can try to do exercises this weekend to get baby girl to flip on her own. Or on Monday I can tell them whether I want to....
A) Try an ECV (where I go to the hospital and they physically try to move the baby by pushing on my belly from the outside) or...
B) schedule a C section for next week (the doctor likes to do breech C sections between 39 and 40 weeks).

The doctor said he typically likes to do ECVs earlier, like 37/38 weeks, because the baby has more room to move. He can tell that there isn't much fluid around her at this point... plus with me having an anterior placenta, that will be in the way of them being able to maneuver the baby as well. I have heard the ECV is very painful, and it's at best a 50% chance of working.

So.... right now I am leaning towards a scheduled C section next week. Eeek! I was thinking it would be great to have my baby next week, but this isn't how I was envisioning it! Just taking some time to wrap my head around it all...

Get on spinningbabies.com and see what you can do over the weekend! Will they do another ultrasound on Monday?

I can't believe they didn't feel it earlier...my doctor's felt for her head at every appointment since 34 weeks! But that may be because she was breech until right about that point.

We were at the hospital yesterday to check Olivia's jaundice, we have to go back tomorrow to check it again. I've been pumping breast milk and giving her formula. She wrecked my nipples something fierce. I just did a breast feed tonight and it went well so hoping to get back into that and then formula feed when we're out and about.
we also go rear ended coming home last night and she was in the car. Omg the emotions that came outta me was unbelievable. She is alright but holy hell. She was 2 days old !!

Hey ladies, ages since I don't post! First of all a huuuuge congratulations to all the mums and babies! I have been reading a lot but not posting, my end of pregnancy has been caotic and difficult, we are now just waiting for baby to come.
When I was on the CTG machine last week it recorder some contraction, but no appearance yet... been having light crampy pain and pressure in my lower belly since last Tuesday, but nothing regular...
I have my mum travelling to UK for a whole month to help me and OH for delivery and other stuff in the house.

Lasr but not least, I'm sorry to read about the traumatising labours and babies being breeched (Twinklie12) hope you get through it without any major complications. Will keep you posted about everything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->