November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

If it helps, the test is 98% accurate within +/- 5 days based on dating scan. That's a pretty big spread, and not even 100% accurate. Please don't stress. Your hcg levels look good!

So ladies... I'm a little worried....

My hcg blood test was 2178 on Monday at 5w+1d. I got a 2-3 weeks pregnant on a clear blue digital that morning. All felt right in the world.

Today I am 5w+4d and I took another clear blue digital and still got 2-3 weeks pregnant. I was hoping to see 3+!!!! Sighhhh now I am stressing. I guess I should just wait. :wacko: :nope:

i should of got 3+ it went back to 1-2 i was gutted but lil bean is fine :) x

Pregnancy tests are seriously evil. I know it's easier said than done, but seriously just put them away ladies. Yesterday I took a frer and the test line was LIGHT. I panicked all day long and DH forced me to go in for another beta just so I could ease my mind. My HCG was almost 11K as of yesterday. Stupid pregnancy tests. After that I packed away all my positive tests, and threw away my remaining test. That was seriously the third time a stupid plastic test made me worried in the last week. Stop peeing on sticks, ladies! It's not worth the stress (not that I can really talk. Lol)

I agree! I know that it is so tempting to test and retest, but I'd say if you have seen great numbers from your blood work, throw away all the tests leftover (don't even save them, as you'll be tempted to get them back out for a retest). I stopped testing after I got my bfn the first day. I did have to go in for blood work due to my spotting, but that was emotional enough for me. I couldn't stand peeing on those blasted things again. My heart rate would fly through the roof for fear of what I'd see!!!

I'm so sorry for the stress, hun! I sincerely am keeping you in my thoughts! Keeping everything crossed that it's nothing. :hugs: For now, just remind yourself of your amazing hcg and progesterone this time around. Your numbers were intensely fantastic! Try to take your mind off of things! :flower::hugs:

Pregnancy tests are seriously evil. I know it's easier said than done, but seriously just put them away ladies. Yesterday I took a frer and the test line was LIGHT. I panicked all day long and DH forced me to go in for another beta just so I could ease my mind. My HCG was almost 11K as of yesterday. Stupid pregnancy tests. After that I packed away all my positive tests, and threw away my remaining test. That was seriously the third time a stupid plastic test made me worried in the last week. Stop peeing on sticks, ladies! It's not worth the stress (not that I can really talk. Lol)

Missy there is a "hook effect" where once you get further along and have so much hcg, your tests get lighter. Just to freak us out!!!

I am probably going to use the digi one more time like Sunday or Monday, hope to get 3+, then just STOP TESTING. I did an IC this morning and it was super dark. I need to just chill out I think haha.

I used to do this in my TTC journal! Let's take our minds off of things! Let's play a game!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I thought it would be fun for everyone to list their cravings and food aversions. If yours change on a daily or even minute-minute basis, list what you are working with now! I'll start: :thumbup:

Cravings: Arugula salad (the weirdest one for me as I am usually put off by greens during pregnancy), juicy berries, cinnamon rolls (a running craving), and thanks to Kazine :haha:, I'm craving French fries with gravy! Maybe a poutine, and we don't even have that here in the US :rofl:. I have been also craving cheese, and I don't really have a thing for cheese. I want smoked gouda, cheddar, ricotta, mozzarella, etc. I want it all :roll: My goodness! I've been also yearning for the crappy can of spaghettios. They just speak to me during pregnancy (unhealthy, low quality, miserable food, but it tastes great!!) :haha:. I have been craving homemade raviolis too. I will be making those in a few weeks. Yummy! Lastly, I have been really wanting Gingerale. It keeps my tummy content if I am not hungry but am getting nauseated.

Aversions: waiting too long to eat. After a certain point (past the point of no return), I can't eat anything and will just throw up. That's my biggest one because then everything is an aversion. Cooked leafy greens!! That's the hardest for me now, so thank goodness I can eat raw arugula. That's pretty much it. I usually get an aversion after I eat something. Right now, we have a ton of left over pan-fried bao zi (a Chinese bun filled with veggies, tofu, etc.), but we made too many, and I... I just... I can't! :blush:

So that's it for me! How about you lovely ladies? I know these games are silly, but we are all in a really scary time. This game is a fun way to just sit in the moment. Remind yourself that you, in fact, *are* pregnant. Enjoy this moment! Allow yourself some time to really let it sink in. So how about it? Let's get our cravings game on :happydance::thumbup::flower:

Fun Tiger!!! Not much changing for me yet, although I am feeling slighylt nauseas right now...

Cravings:
Actually craving veggies, like we just had carrot sticks and celery sticks with dinner one night this week.

Aversions:
I seem to have lost my appetite for sweets! I always want a cookie or something after dinner and nada this week. Of course I have been so fatigued that maybe I'm just too lazy to get off the couch for dessert. haha.

hahaha I know what you mean. I go between wanting ALL the sweets though and then being totally put off by them. This pregnancy seems to have me really wanting savory all the time. A nice miso soup, hummus, anything with ranch, chips, salad with balsamic vinaigrette. MMM :haha: Then there's the "I'm too tired for this... I'm going to bed" :rofl: :D

Hi Ladies. 5+1 today. Set for first doc appointment on Tuesday. Glad to have so many others expecting in November!

I used to do this in my TTC journal! Let's take our minds off of things! Let's play a game!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I thought it would be fun for everyone to list their cravings and food aversions. If yours change on a daily or even minute-minute basis, list what you are working with now! I'll start: :thumbup:

Cravings: Arugula salad (the weirdest one for me as I am usually put off by greens during pregnancy), juicy berries, cinnamon rolls (a running craving), and thanks to Kazine :haha:, I'm craving French fries with gravy! Maybe a poutine, and we don't even have that here in the US :rofl:. I have been also craving cheese, and I don't really have a thing for cheese. I want smoked gouda, cheddar, ricotta, mozzarella, etc. I want it all :roll: My goodness! I've been also yearning for the crappy can of spaghettios. They just speak to me during pregnancy (unhealthy, low quality, miserable food, but it tastes great!!) :haha:. I have been craving homemade raviolis too. I will be making those in a few weeks. Yummy! Lastly, I have been really wanting Gingerale. It keeps my tummy content if I am not hungry but am getting nauseated.

Aversions: waiting too long to eat. After a certain point (past the point of no return), I can't eat anything and will just throw up. That's my biggest one because then everything is an aversion. Cooked leafy greens!! That's the hardest for me now, so thank goodness I can eat raw arugula. That's pretty much it. I usually get an aversion after I eat something. Right now, we have a ton of left over pan-fried bao zi (a Chinese bun filled with veggies, tofu, etc.), but we made too many, and I... I just... I can't! :blush:

So that's it for me! How about you lovely ladies? I know these games are silly, but we are all in a really scary time. This game is a fun way to just sit in the moment. Remind yourself that you, in fact, *are* pregnant. Enjoy this moment! Allow yourself some time to really let it sink in. So how about it? Let's get our cravings game on :happydance::thumbup::flower:

No cravings and hate everything lol x

i have been craving breakfast burritos! i think at this point i could put anything in a tortilla and i would want to eat it. its been really hard for me to find things that sounds appealing. i have not been eating very healthy lately so im hoping i can get a bit of an appetite back so i can start eating things that are actually good for me.

@MummytoAmber: haha that's what mine was mostly a few weeks ago. I just knew I wouldn't be able to eat something. Finding something to eat was much more difficult. Good luck :haha: It will pass soon, hopefully, and you'll be a craving machine :happydance:

@Traveling mom: OOOO yes! I've been really wanting a breakfast burrito. Actually, I want those gas station burritos with bean and cheese... Drooling!!! Hahaha In the beginning, what's most important is eating and staying hydrated. The appetite will come back later. Don't worry too much. You enjoy those burritos :hugs:

Missy there is a "hook effect" where once you get further along and have so much hcg, your tests get lighter. Just to freak us out!!!

Oh yes, in my insane worrying yesterday I learned all about the Hook Effect. Although from everything I read it's very rare to get the hook effect as early as 5 weeks... But I'll go with it I guess.

Cravings: fruit and veggies (funny because I was put off by them with my first pregnancy, but I think I'm dehydrated and my body is craving water!), and pretty much whatever food is mentioned that sounds good. I drove past Taco Bueno yesterday and have been craving tacos ever since. My mom mentioned "mediterranean olives" a week ago and I'm dying for some greek food!

Aversions: nothing specific - anything can turn my stomach right now, even if it tasted/smelled wonderful 30 seconds before. I about gagged on my last bite of sandwich the other night, even though I gobbled down 90% of it and was fine.

Cravings: hamburger from Five Guys, chicken sandwiches from the school I teach at cafeteria, donuts...

Aversions: prettying everything. Even after I eat what I think I want, I feel horrible!! I have not even thrown up at all yet, but the feeling of carsick/seasick is really getting to me! Who ever coined the phrase "morning" sickness is lying. Mine lasts all day unless I am eating. :(

Cravings: fruit and veggies (funny because I was put off by them with my first pregnancy, but I think I'm dehydrated and my body is craving water!), and pretty much whatever food is mentioned that sounds good. I drove past Taco Bueno yesterday and have been craving tacos ever since. My mom mentioned "mediterranean olives" a week ago and I'm dying for some greek food!

Aversions: nothing specific - anything can turn my stomach right now, even if it tasted/smelled wonderful 30 seconds before. I about gagged on my last bite of sandwich the other night, even though I gobbled down 90% of it and was fine.

I have been the same. I drink plenty of water, so this craving has me baffled. I hated fruits and veggies last time (which sucks as a vegetarian... I didn't have a choice.)

Haha you are not alone. That's what happened with me and the bao zi (Chinese buns). Delicious. Delicious. Then BAM! Nope :nope: Not finishing this :haha:

Cravings: hamburger from Five Guys, chicken sandwiches from the school I teach at cafeteria, donuts...

Aversions: prettying everything. Even after I eat what I think I want, I feel horrible!! I have not even thrown up at all yet, but the feeling of carsick/seasick is really getting to me! Who ever coined the phrase "morning" sickness is lying. Mine lasts all day unless I am eating. :(

Yes! I've been craving all-in-one meals. Not parts. So I've been wanting burgers, sandwiches... things like that that I can grab with my hands and eat immediately or cook in one dish. We are a vegetarian household, and my husband's Taiwanese, so our meals are multi-dish oriented. A dish of veggies, one of tofu, one of rice, one of this and that, etc. That's been tough on my appetite. I just want one pot. One yummy meal :)

We conceived while we were visiting dh's family in Taiwan, so my husband joked that the reason I'm the most sick in the evenings (though I'm sick all day) is because the baby's confused about morning sickness. The evening here is morning there :haha: :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->