November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Pregnancy tests are seriously evil. I know it's easier said than done, but seriously just put them away ladies. Yesterday I took a frer and the test line was LIGHT. I panicked all day long and DH forced me to go in for another beta just so I could ease my mind. My HCG was almost 11K as of yesterday. Stupid pregnancy tests. After that I packed away all my positive tests, and threw away my remaining test. That was seriously the third time a stupid plastic test made me worried in the last week. Stop peeing on sticks, ladies! It's not worth the stress (not that I can really talk. Lol)

Missy there is a "hook effect" where once you get further along and have so much hcg, your tests get lighter. Just to freak us out!!!

Oh yes, in my insane worrying yesterday I learned all about the Hook Effect. Although from everything I read it's very rare to get the hook effect as early as 5 weeks... But I'll go with it I guess.

Have you had a scan yet? Maybe hcg is high due to twins???

So sorry to hear that! What are they going to do for you? Hope you feel better real soon!

mummytoamber-so sorry to hear you are feeling like this.I am in the exact same situation,i am constantly sick and dehydrated,im feeling so ill i cant function.OH had to take the morning off work today untill my dad could get here to help.Im trying so hard to avoid going to hospital,as i know they cant actually stop the sickness,they will just give me fluids.Its really getting me down and taking the shine off being pregnant.
I really hope you can get the help that you need,keep us updated
:dust:

mummytoamber-so sorry to hear you are feeling like this.I am in the exact same situation,i am constantly sick and dehydrated,im feeling so ill i cant function.OH had to take the morning off work today untill my dad could get here to help.Im trying so hard to avoid going to hospital,as i know they cant actually stop the sickness,they will just give me fluids.Its really getting me down and taking the shine off being pregnant.
I really hope you can get the help that you need,keep us updated
:dust:

They can give some meds to help but of course nothing will fully get rid of it. i just want to keep water down at least.
doc says i am loaded with ketones and servely dehydrated which can lead to further problems for me so please see gp x

thanks ladies all i know is being put on IV drip ( i think ) could be 24hr thing. x x

Sure hope you ladies feel better. :( The princess Kate was so sick she had to be hospitalized at one time.

MummytoAmber - that's terrible. I hope that they help make you feel a little better and you start being able to keep some H2O down. Did you experience this with your first two pregnancies?

So, I called my doctor today to confirm my appointment for a week and a half from now. I thought I was coming in for an ultrasound, as I'll be 8 1/2 weeks, but they said that I'd just get a papsmear possibly and some information about pregnancy. I asked when an ultrasound would happen and they said that they might offer an optional one at 13 weeks, but weren't sure. TBH I'm pretty disappointed, because we are getting married in 2 weeks and then going away for 2 weeks and I feel like I NEED to know that everything is okay before that. After the wedding, we wanted to be able to start telling people, but I feel like until I SEE baby and know that there's nothing wrong and baby is growing, that's not a good choice. Is this normal? I've seen most people have already gotten an ultrasound or are getting one soon and my friends who have been pregnant have all gotten one around 6-8 weeks.

So, I called my doctor today to confirm my appointment for a week and a half from now. I thought I was coming in for an ultrasound, as I'll be 8 1/2 weeks, but they said that I'd just get a papsmear possibly and some information about pregnancy. I asked when an ultrasound would happen and they said that they might offer an optional one at 13 weeks, but weren't sure. TBH I'm pretty disappointed, because we are getting married in 2 weeks and then going away for 2 weeks and I feel like I NEED to know that everything is okay before that. After the wedding, we wanted to be able to start telling people, but I feel like until I SEE baby and know that there's nothing wrong and baby is growing, that's not a good choice. Is this normal? I've seen most people have already gotten an ultrasound or are getting one soon and my friends who have been pregnant have all gotten one around 6-8 weeks.

My doctor said the same thing, except they don't offer one until 20 weeks! I managed to talk them into doing an 8 week dating scan. Can you tell them that you're not 100% sure of your dates so you might be farther along than you think? They might do a dating ultrasound in that case.

I absolutely could not have waited until 20 weeks.

Can you say you aren't sure of your dates. I wish I could as I went for the pap smear CD4 and they know when my LMP was.

I tried for a scan at 7 weeks but had to resort for 8+6.

Oh MummytoAmber and Dogt, I'm so sorry!! Keeping you both in my thoughts!!!! Sending you love for a quick recovery. Hopefully they'll get you sorted out, and you'll be better in no time. The only silver lining is with that intense nausea, you know your hormones are all in this pregnancy!! Little comfort, but just keep your eye on that healthy little bean :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ladies - any of you experience headaches so far in the first tri? I'm getting them every. single. day. All day long. Piercing headaches with pain above my left eye, and at the base of my skull on my left side. I'm sure they're hormone-related, but I can't shake them. Tylenol isn't even helping. It's been about a week and I'm wondering if I should worry, or if this is normal? I did NOT get this with my first pregnancy, but so far this one is turning out to be completely unlike my first one in every way, so everything is new.

I really want to try those graze boxes! I love to snack esp when busy but cant afford to put on too much weight so i heard they where a good alternative to snacks...Are they yummy?

I just wish I'd known you could select what you wanted before they sent them out! They sent me a brownie which was absolutely gorgeous. Flapjacks. It's mostly nuts and stuff but one of the packs I got there were orange dark chocolate buttons in which were lush! I've just gone through their online list and "binned" all the ones I didn't like the look of in case I ever order again!

I've got a friend code if you want it, means you get a free box and I get money off my next one haha

Ooh dear! I knew from a friend you can pick what you want - thats what a love best about them. I heard the jaffa cake one was delish! Yeah defo send me the code & i can make an order next week ;)

Ladies - any of you experience headaches so far in the first tri? I'm getting them every. single. day. All day long. Piercing headaches with pain above my left eye, and at the base of my skull on my left side. I'm sure they're hormone-related, but I can't shake them. Tylenol isn't even helping. It's been about a week and I'm wondering if I should worry, or if this is normal? I did NOT get this with my first pregnancy, but so far this one is turning out to be completely unlike my first one in every way, so everything is new.

I've had a few headaches. Not everyday but last Sunday night I had one and I woke up in the middle of the night and my head was pounding...I then went into the bathroom and threw up. It's the only time I've thrown up so far the entire pregnancy.

Sorry, I have no idea. Sounds pretty bad for just hormone headaches but I guess they do wreak havoc on our bodies.

AFM I've been feeling rotten all day, constant nausea. Just had a corn beef salad roll and oh my word. Best thing ever. Feeling quite a bit better. I've noticed that when I mix proteins with a littele carbs it does help a bit. Maybe it'll help some of you guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->