November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Kazine, you buying a carseat reminded me of a question I had.

When is a good time to start buying the necessities, like the crib, carseat, storage, etc.? I want to start getting an idea of what kind of timeline we're looking at for purchases.

Love the idea of the gender guess!

AFM i am still vomitting :cry: i didnt vomitte at the birthday party but i vomitted at night and that was the only food i had in my system. Thank god its almost tuesday so dr can give me meds and stop vomitting.

are you keeping fluids down? you dont want end up like me x

When is a good time to start buying the necessities, like the crib, carseat, storage, etc.? I want to start getting an idea of what kind of timeline we're looking at for purchases.

I dont think certain time to go by, just when your ready.
Some start now, others start after 20wk scan some 32-34wk. when ever your ready, i just no in uk can be waiting times on stuff every now and then.

I dont think there is a right time to buy things,and i deffo dont believe in waiting cos people say its bad luck,i bought loads of stuff super early with DD,and would be doing the same now if i didnt feel so sick.
:dust:

It depends. If you are planning on finding out the sex, then you probably want to wait on getting the big things till you know. But you can get gender neutral stuff, like maybe winter things on sale. One thing that I have found very helpful is a wool liner for car seats. Then you zip the baby in, like a pod. This means you don't have to put a zillion layers on them when you are traveling.

Other things you can get are onsies, bibs, receiving blankets, sheets, diapers, baby shampoo, bath tub (if you need it), towels, hats. socks, mittens (for their long finger nails).

You can also organize some things to make room for baby clutter.

We are looking to start buying things or at least looking at what things we want to buy so we can budget and buy things gradually over the course of my pregnancy so we don't have a massive bill all at once. Also if we decide on the bigger things like the pram we want etc we can keep an eye out of offers.

Love the idea of the gender guess!

AFM i am still vomitting :cry: i didnt vomitte at the birthday party but i vomitted at night and that was the only food i had in my system. Thank god its almost tuesday so dr can give me meds and stop vomitting.

are you keeping fluids down? you dont want end up like me x

Yes im trying, im drinking alot of water. On friday i vomited all day except the dinner which was a damn chicken sandwich thats all i had. Then yesterday at the party i was fine until at night that was also the only food i had eaten all day cause in the a.m i had a cup of milk and at night it all came out. And today i havent eaten yet but i am about too.

A couple of notes on when to buy stuff: we waited until all baby showers were done because we didn't know what we would get. Also once I got big we got plenty of neighbors saying, "oh, when are you due? Do you need a bassinet/swing/bumbo? Ours are just sitting in the attic!" Plus manufacturers are always coming out with the latest model of everything with new safety features. So we waited until 34 weeks or so. Except for the crib - DD was 2 weeks old when we got her (free!) crib, but she was sleeping in a (borrowed) bassinet in our room anyway!

When is a good time to start buying the necessities, like the crib, carseat, storage, etc.?

Honestly, there's no set time that's the best time to start buying.

Warning: mc trigger, don't read if you're feeling sensitive
Some people would say that after you've had your 12wk scan might be better for your mental health if the unthinkable happened, and I say this only because it happened to a friend and they said seeing all the stuff they bought for the baby made it worse. She had to sell it all because she couldn't imagine using it for the next baba. Poor girl :( That said, if you were constantly living in fear of miscarriage / stillbirth then you'd never buy anything an end up taking a baby home nekkid to sleep in a box. Buy when you feel it's the right time to buy!

My opinion is if something's a bargain, buy it! None of the stuff I bought for J was bought full price. Shops and websites are always doing random special offers for no reason, and you'll be getting loads of money off vouchers and other promotions sent to you if you sign up to things.

We bought things gradually after I'd had my 20wk scan and it actually started to feel real. Managed to hold off buying a buggy until 35wks because was waiting for Mothercare to do a flash 20% off promotion... which they eventually did! Then we've hardly used it because I prefer to use slings. Doh.

Warning: you will buy a lot of things that you will end up never using. Accept that now, and just have fun!

We probably won't be buying anything, tbh. I want to stay team yellow and everything I got for J is pretty gender neutral, so we've already got everything we need... until it turns out I'm having female twins.

We were out tonight at a buskers night.

I was really craving something hot, and decided to stop at the pizza shop on the way back and get chips and curry sauce, and it was the most horrible curry sauce I’ve ever had ever omg. It had fucking currents or some shit in and was really strong flavoured and tasted all fruity. So I cried my eyes out. What a mess.

OH has gone to another chip shop now to get more. But he’s going to get the curry sauce in a pot, so if its vile I don’t have to cry all over again ha ha.

I agree about just buying stuff over the course of the pregnancy. We've got a crib, and in-bed co-sleeper, 2 cloth nappies, a onesie, a comforter, and a t-shirt (though its a boys t-shirt I bought before I had my first miscarriage as I was convinced I was having a boy). That's all for now but like I said I was going to buy a car seat today ha ha. Might just wait before buying more big things in case people want to buy us stuff - just buy cloth nappies really and wait until we know the sex to start buying clothes.

Last time around we waited until after the baby showers were over so we knew what we needed.

This time, it may be different. We are planning to try cloth diapering, so I'm sure we will be given some disposables, but will be buying our own cloth if that is what we wind up liking.

I think we will just be picking things up as we go along and see things on sale. If it is a boy, we won't need many clothes at all, as I've kept all of Mika's. I also have a swing from my niece, and two other older nieces, so even if it is a girl we will probably wind up with a lot of girl clothes.

I know you ladies who are constipated are probably miserable, but I'm kind of jealous. I've had diarrhea for the last two weeks, and when I was pregnant with Mika I had diarrhea for almost the whole pregnancy.

I think I waited until 12 weeks with F and then didn't buy big stuff till much later, just through indecision!!
I don't think we need much this time...only a new Moses basket. People buy you so much stuff, I will definitely not buy too many newborn clothes, F was such a big baby and people came with so many sets there were some we never touched! Xxx

Morning!

I'm not sure what we'll buy. Defo need a new carseat and wool liner... We've got all of Theo's clothes so if we end up with a girl then we'll just buy clothes after bean's born.

I'm going to buy bits as the pregnancy progresses!! But won't be buying the big things until after 20 week scan (I will have picked them all though lol!!)

Had my booking in appointment this morning; she was lovely!! And I have my 12 week scan on 28th April :)

anddddd my scan is tomorrow woohoo!!! :D cannot wait but getting nervous now!!

Hi, can I join please?

I am 6 weeks pregnant, according to my LMP I am due 22nd November. Don't want to get too excited yet just in case something happens, but I cant help it!

Last time I went 13 days over so there's every chance I could get a December baby, but who knows...

Hey how is everyone today?

I've got my booking appointment tomorrow yay!

With DS we bought a few things after the 12 week scan we were also given things at the baby shower and from people. I had far too many 0-3 clothes!

This time around there's not as much to buy but we will get a new pushchair and a toddler bed for DS. If it's a boy we have lots of clothes if it's a girl my cousin has lots of clothes. Baby shopping is great fun but it can all add up!

Hi, can I join please?

I am 6 weeks pregnant, according to my LMP I am due 22nd November. Don't want to get too excited yet just in case something happens, but I cant help it!

Last time I went 13 days over so there's every chance I could get a December baby, but who knows...

Hello, and congratulations! :D We're due only days apart, exciting!

We definitely won't be buying anything until after the 12 week scan, probably more like after the gender scan. DH is too superstitious and won't want to jinx anything. Plus being a first timer I don't know what to buy yet! He also won't talk about names until he feels more comfortable with things. I have a feeling we will disagree about a lot of names so should be interesting!

We're probably not going to buy anything at all...we already have everything we need from the twins!

I've been super constipated, too, so I take Colace along with my prenatal vitamin every night. Seems to keep things under control, and my doctor said it's perfectly safe.

No morning sickness yet, *knock on wood*! At this point last time, I was miserable with it, so I'm hoping it stays away!

As for gender predictions, I'm torn! According to the Shettles method, it should be a girl (we DTD 2 and 3 days before O), and the Chinese gender chart says girl, but going by my symptoms (or lack thereof), I think it might be a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->