November Testing Party (cont. from October Testing Party thread) - Join Me!

Hi Ladies! Welcome to the new girls! :drunk:

MnG~Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. I hope your folli's are progressing nicely. :thumbup:

AFM, I will be rooting you ladies on and everything crossed November is your month. It's best I don't put down a test date, since hubby is still healing from surgery. Baby dust to all! OXOX :dust:

I'm still scheduled to test 10/31 but just wanted to follow along with you all. Join you all in a couple weeks (unless I'm lucky :winkwink:)

I've never heard of the lining of the uterus' thickness related to length of period. It makes sense. My periods are always 5-7 days. Hopefully that means my lining is nice and thick for a lo.

Yeah i didnt know either until bing mentioned it on the other thread. Again af only lasted 2 full days, so im def thinking that i need to improve the lining. And here i thought it was great that i only had to deal with it for two days and only a few pads lol.

Hey Ladies,

I'm also not out yet for October just want to stalk and see what's going on whit you lovely ladies that left the October tread. Its so quiet over there...

Thanks yoga!
There has to be something going on in there. I've had major pressure/ throbbing/ borderline pain in my ovaries the last 2 days.. I'm just worried it could be cysts instead of eggs. :nope:

Thought maybe I ovulated early again this cycle because I had pink discharge yesterday, along with headache. I was hoping it was implantation symptoms! Then I got what I thought was a positive ovulation test this evening, and then another slightly more positive one, and then a definite positive one (had to be sure so I just kept testing LOL). So I'm very happy to get a positive ovulation test, but not so happy about the timing! Hubby has been on travel this week, so we could not DTD during the first/middle part of my fertile window. We DTD today (between the semi-positive and positive ovulation tests today) but I'm worried it might be too late. What do you all think? I know it's better to get those swimmers in there before a positive ovulation test, not after. Here's hoping that we weren't too late. This is the 2nd month in a row he's been traveling during my fertile window... ugh!

I've never heard of the lining of the uterus' thickness related to length of period. It makes sense. My periods are always 5-7 days. Hopefully that means my lining is nice and thick for a lo.

Yeah i didnt know either until bing mentioned it on the other thread. Again af only lasted 2 full days, so im def thinking that i need to improve the lining. And here i thought it was great that i only had to deal with it for two days and only a few pads lol.

It isn't just the length but also how heavy it is. I have really heavy 2-3 af. I was told I was heavy because my lining was perfectly thick (confirmed by ultrasound) but I have short afs. If my af was longer I would have lighter afs. I sometimes only have spoting for af when my lining is thin. So you have to compare them both. I don't know if I made sense or not lol. My first doctor told me it was all about the length so I thought I had a thinner lining all the time but found out that it is about both.

It isn't just the length but also how heavy it is. I have really heavy 2-3 af. I was told I was heavy because my lining was perfectly thick (confirmed by ultrasound) but I have short afs. If my af was longer I would have lighter afs. I sometimes only have spoting for af when my lining is thin. So you have to compare them both. I don't know if I made sense or not lol. My first doctor told me it was all about the length so I thought I had a thinner lining all the time but found out that it is about both.

Yeah mine ranges from light (never really light) to medium with rare heavy occurances. Often they are right in between light and medium as af cant decide which one it wants to be lol. Im not super worried, but it has me thinking because ive had a couple cycles (including this last one) where i had spotting and normally never do unless its the day before af. So it makes me wonder if my body has tried to implant but cant. The good thing is, is i will get some answers nov 10th when i have my pap. Hopefully everything comes out clear. Ive been bad though as ive delayed in getting it done when it should have been done years ago. But it sure does feel nice to be able to relax for a bit while still hanging out with you gals.

Yeah mine ranges from light (never really light) to medium with rare heavy occurances. Often they are right in between light and medium as af cant decide which one it wants to be lol. Im not super worried, but it has me thinking because ive had a couple cycles (including this last one) where i had spotting and normally never do unless its the day before af. So it makes me wonder if my body has tried to implant but cant. The good thing is, is i will get some answers nov 10th when i have my pap. Hopefully everything comes out clear. Ive been bad though as ive delayed in getting it done when it should have been done years ago. But it sure does feel nice to be able to relax for a bit while still hanging out with you gals.

I get my pap November which happens to be the day af is due. Because of some other issues we try and get my appointments as close to af as possible. So at least I don't have to but hpt this cycle. I only had spotting july, August , and September so I was getting worried. This month it was 3 days long and extremely heavy but I also had a chemical pregnancy. But they did say my lining was perfectly thick so I was happy about that. It just occasionally it takes me a couple months to get there which sucks. But this cycle I stopped doing opks, temps, and I am not doing any early hpt. Just dtd at least every other day if not everyday since af stopped. I can say I am much happier and less stressed doing it this way. I was getting so overwhelmed with charting everything and trying for so long. The only thing I am doing is watching for ewcm which happened this morning and I dtd then so I think I am covered lol.

Wow...lots to catch up on this morning!

Crystl/Leti - nice to see you over here :wave: FX'd neither of you will need to give me a November testing date!

Yoga - I hope your hubby is recovering well from his surgery and is well enough to DTD when you next ovulate!

Bighouse - I believe the best days to DTD are the 2 days before you ovulate. Remember a positive OPK means you'll ovulate in the next 12-48 hours so if you DTD last night and got a positive OPK afterwards, chance are you won't actually ovulate until today or maybe tomorrow! So I think you'll be covered. If I were you I'll keep at it tonight and tomorrow night too...and remember that eggy lives for around 24 hours!

MnG - let us know how your appointment goes. Thinking of you today.

Orion/Emilie - yes I agree you need to consider how heavy AF is too. Mine was usually medium flow on CD1 and very light CD2. But this cycle it was medium flow CD1, heavy/medium flow CD2 and light CD3 so I'm feeling much happier now!

Mama - if I were you'd I would have definitely BD'd last night and I would do tonight as well! Nothing like bombarding that egg with :spermy:!

Oh and an interesting fact for you all...in the book I'm reading I read that out of the millions of :spermy: that are ejaculated, only 200 of them make it into the Fallopian tubes! And the journey they swim is like one of us swimming the Pacific Ocean!

Anyway I hope you all have a lovely day! I have another busy day at work and then I'm planning on having an early night tonight. My hubby has a baking contest at work today so we were up until 12.30am baking last night....so he best win! Lol! Needless to say we didn't get to DTD last night, so we are going to do eod from tonight instead (cd9) and then everyday for 3 days once I get a positive OPK!

Xx

Thanks yoga!
There has to be something going on in there. I've had major pressure/ throbbing/ borderline pain in my ovaries the last 2 days.. I'm just worried it could be cysts instead of eggs. :nope:

Ohh...I am sorry you are feeling this way. I have been there and I know it's not fun. However, I have found after the multiple rounds of meds I did that the worse I felt going into the scan....the better I responded to them. Let me know how it goes! Best of luck to you today. :hugs:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'll be heading there after I drop off Dexter at daycare ( we won't see him till Monday :( )
I'm getting very anxious...:wacko:

Bing- the contest sounds fun! What did he bake? Is this just a yearly thing or do you guys ever often?? Let is know when he wins :)
Love the fun fact you posted... Who woulda thunk it??

Mama- were you able to get to it last night? I hope so!!

I haven't posted for a couple of days, I had a little bit to catch up on! Welcome to all the ladies joining the November thread, whether you're coming from the October thread or new to the group all together. I love seeing familiar and new names alike! :)

Megan, sounds like your chances are great this cycle! Glad to hear you'll be joining us in full blown stalker mode this month. :haha:

Miss406, so what you're saying is that you're like the majority of us...giving one date for testing, but actually starting to test at least a couple of days prior. You'll fit right in! Ha! :)

Mama, I don't think you've set yourself up for failure! I think your chances are sounding great actually. Some sites say eod is best, some say that every day is just fine. I think it really just depends more on DH's sperm count honestly. If he has a low count, eod might be better so he has time to build back up the reserves. If his counts are normal, every day shouldn't hurt a thing!

Yoga, hi! :hi: How is hubby doing, is he recovering nicely from the surgery? I hope so! And I hope it's not putting too much of a strain on you either! :hugs:

Crystl and Leti, glad to see you here! But I do hope you get those bfp's in October and don't have to join us for a November testing date after all! FX!

Bighouse, you're totally fine timing wise! Remember that a positive opk just tells you that you're gearing up to O, and you really won't for a good 12-36 hours or so. So if you've gotten a positive and dtd, you're still getting those soldiers in there in plenty of time for that egg. :) Everything says to start dtd when you get your first positive (well of course you can earlier too, but at least when you get a pos) so you're actually right on track! :)

Bing, wow! That's a really interesting fact, thanks for sharing! It actually makes me wonder how anyone EVER manages to get pregnant then! Geez! Ohhh, I also want to know what you and hubby baked last night! Good luck, I really hope he wins! Is this for the thing you were telling us about a couple of months ago, that's after a cooking show and each person gets a week assigned to them that matches up with what was on the show that week? I know you were worried about getting one (was it bread?), I hope that's not what you got! :)

MnG, good luck!!!! I have everything crossed for you that you get good news today! Can't wait to hear, be sure to keep us posted! :)

So I think I ended up O'ing on Tuesday instead of Monday, and we dtd on Tuesday night so I think I'm actually good timing wise! The last time before that was Saturday so I'm not *too* hopeful but eh, I was taking it easy this month anyways so I'm not expecting much. The weird thing though is I was super crampy last night and am again today. It feels like pre-AF cramps which it is of course way too early for. It feels like it's down low in my uterus area, but I can't really tell for sure if it's that or my colon from my Crohn's Disease. Either way, I wouldn't mind if it went away any time now! It's too early to be anything really, so it's just annoying at best.

Miss406, so what you're saying is that you're like the majority of us...giving one date for testing, but actually starting to test at least a couple of days prior. You'll fit right in! Ha! :)

So I think I ended up O'ing on Tuesday instead of Monday, and we dtd on Tuesday night so I think I'm actually good timing wise! The last time before that was Saturday so I'm not *too* hopeful but eh, I was taking it easy this month anyways so I'm not expecting much. The weird thing though is I was super crampy last night and am again today. It feels like pre-AF cramps which it is of course way too early for. It feels like it's down low in my uterus area, but I can't really tell for sure if it's that or my colon from my Crohn's Disease. Either way, I wouldn't mind if it went away any time now! It's too early to be anything really, so it's just annoying at best.

Hello!

Must admit I have IBS so often get confused with the cramp pains!
Definitely a POAS addict here! Symptom spotting etc!
Fingers crossed for you :hugs:

MnG - I see from the October thread that your appointment went well today! FX'd for you!

Turtle - if you ovulated on Tuesday, remember those spermies from Saturday will only be 3 days old so I'd say your pretty covered! :thumbup:

wow you have a good memory Turtle! Yes it's the same competition I was talking about a few months ago where each week different people in his department cook the same as what was cooked on a baking show, The Great British Bake Off. It's just something they decided to do this year, but it will probably be an annual thing now. No we didn't get bread week thankfully. We got pastry week instead! He got through that round by cooking a big pork pie! In the semi finals they all had to cook the same cake (not sure of the name of it), then in the final today he baked a Tiramisu cake with peanut butter & baileys cream profiteroles and coconut popping candy balls! He did do dome sugarwork on it too but that melted overnight! And yes he won so the late night was worth it! :) there is no prize, but they decided whoever won has to apply to be on the baking show next year! So I'm intrigued how far he'll get in the application process! Lol.

Set4life - welcome :wave: I have you added! We have a great bunch of girls on this thread! :)

Bing, so this was the final round? And he won it all?? That's GREAT! Impressive! And what he made for today...well that just sounds heavenly. I'll take a slice, please! :haha: Congrats to him (and you)! And how exciting that he'll now be applying for the show, you'll definitely have to keep us posted on how far he gets! :)

Miss406, thank you! And good luck to you as well! :)

Set4life, welcome and good luck!!! :)

Hi ladies,

I previously posted here about 2 - 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my first. My daughter is now a little over 2 years old.

Now we are trying to conceive #2. I had a positive opk starting Monday night (cd 13). We dtd that night. All Tuesday i had side pain from my right ovary, so I'm thinking I ovulated then. ( I normally get this pain once a month also). We dtd that night also as well as yesterday night(wednesday) just in case.

I took the opk this morning and its still showing positive so I do hope I ovulated on Tuesday like i think but not sure with the opk still being positive (My cycles are normally 28 days and Tuesday was my cd14).

I'm planning on starting to test Nov 1st (11 dpo assuming I ovulated on Tuesday)

Hi ladies,

I previously posted here about 2 - 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my first. My daughter is now a little over 2 years old.

Now we are trying to conceive #2. I had a positive opk starting Monday night (cd 13). We dtd that night. All Tuesday i had side pain from my right ovary, so I'm thinking I ovulated then. ( I normally get this pain once a month also). We dtd that night also as well as yesterday night(wednesday) just in case.

I took the opk this morning and its still showing positive so I do hope I ovulated on Tuesday like i think but not sure with the opk still being positive (My cycles are normally 28 days and Tuesday was my cd14).

I'm planning on starting to test Nov 1st (11 dpo assuming I ovulated on Tuesday)

Do you have any other signs of ovulation? Are you temping? Checking your cervix? Checking your CM?

Either way, best of luck and welcome to the thread. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->