NTNP#2 Thread, 15 BFPs!!! Taking it easy & hoping it happens!! Come join us!

Thanks for the idea about the family planning clinic :flower:
Just trying to get through to my local one now. Fingers crossed!

I'm thinking thinking of using OPK's too. It would be nice to know I have definately ovulated and when. I am quite irregular and have long cycles so it would help me I think. I might do that in August.

Good luck Bec27. Hopefully you get lucky this month :thumbup:

xxx

Called the family planning clinic and they said as my last smear showed abnormalities I should go back to my doc. They said I shouldn't have to wait a month and to call them back and push harder.

So I called my doctor and they have fitted me in next Tuesday. Which is great. But now I am stressed as that won't be mid cycle, it will only be CD8. Do you think thats ok?
I'm all in a muddle now :(

xxx

CD 8 seems like good timing to me, better than after O right? And better to get the test done now just to ensure all is clear. I am sure it will be fine :hugs:

Damn smear tests. My doctor said the best time is from CD10 to CD20, so I would think that CD8 would be ok.

I'm liking the relaxed approach this time too. I did all of it last time, temping, the works, I think because I have my little man now I feel like I can go with the flow and I will get my next little bubba when God sees fit :flower:

So glad you got one for next week- waiting till August was a joke. CD8 will be fine as long as you've stopped bleeding. Hope this one comes back normal :)

I have to say that I still get stressed these last two months we decided to stop preventing and start NTNP only because I feel symptoms I've never felt before and makes me think I am but then get bfn. I'd hate to see how I'd be if I was actually trying. My OH asked what NTNP meant and I told him and he was like you know I wouldn't get upset if we were actually trying. I was like oohhhh noooooo. I said you don't even want to know what goes into that!! I said as it is I'm a poas addict. I was poas 2 times a day. I was like if we were TTC, then I'd have to spend a lot of money buying all these different things, I'd been even more stressed than I am now, and I'd be a lot more on edge. LOL! So he said we should stick with NTNP. HAHA!!

Thanks Girls :) I have super short periods, 3 days max so I have stopped bleeding already. Will let you know how it goes.

Aw JJsmom - I'm a bit worried I'll start getting a bit stressed too :hugs: Even though I'm trying to take the relaxed approach and not activly TTC I do think I will be looking out for preg symptoms and feel dissapointed when it doesn't happen.

xxx

JJsmom- LOL! I feel the same as you- I daren't TTC as I would spend money we don't have and get all stressed about it.

Well, last night we dtd for the first time with no protection since conceiving DS and it was good :) BUT DH is going out for drinks in London tonight so he won't be home for us to dtd again so I suggested we do it this morning instead....disaster! I remember now how we struggled at times last time as he sometimes can't perform (sorry tmi) under pressure. We went for it and it just wasn't happening :( I think I am fertile at the moment- CD 16 and pretty sure I ovulated CD 14- had some cramps but just a guess. I want to try to dtd every day for the next week to maximise our chances but don't want to put pressure on DH and then nothing happen.

We gave up when DS woke up wanting his morning milk...DH wouldn't admit it was the pressure and doesn't really like to talk about it but he did reassure me it wasn't because of me- I knew it wasn't because it happened last time and I had a better figure then being pre-baby! Anyway, not sure what my point is really, just good to have somewhere to share it all as I can't talk to anyone I know about it. I suppose I feel a bit frustrated as I'd like to really go for it where dtd is concerned as I think then I won't worry as much about the rest of it and about being successful cos I know we'll have tried our best.

Oh well...won't stress :) if anyone has any ideas I'd be v grateful :)

p.s. hope you don't mind me joining the thread!

CatStorey- 3 DAYS!! You lucky thing...I get mine for 7 now- used to be about 5 pre-baby but it's all changed now.

Bec, if you think you ovulated on day 14 then your fertile days would have been days 11-14 (or possibly 15). You are only fertile for 24 hours after ovulation, but you are fertile for up to 3-4 days before....just so you know hun. :hugs:

Sorry that DH gets performance anxiety. I know last time my DH would sometimes get frustrated with having to 'perform' and feeling like I only wanted him if it was the right time of month, so we are trying to avoid that this time and just dtd 2-3x per week as we have been.

Cat, Yeah I feel you! DD is difficult at times, still, at 15 months. A lot of work! And was waaaaay harder when she was younger... so that plus what I have now... eep! I thought about waiting much longer, but then I thought I'd feel bad years from now about making them so far apart in age, esp if it ends up taking awhile! So here we go! It was super easy first time to get prego for me too! So of course I figure it will be hard this time! But, then, also aware it could happen first try again! I am a planner so not cool with that!! Need to know when! :p Everyone says its so much easier the second time, already used to the baby juggle... so we'll see... hopefully!!

Hi ladies

Can I join you :)

Ever since having my daughter I have been soooooooo anti having more babies! I really struggled with Chloe, found bf hard and she is the worlds worst sleeper!
I knew I wanted another but was planning on waiting for a lot longer, def until she started school.

Weeelllll............I have changed my mind completly and want another baby now :) All of a sudden I feel ready and would love to give Chloe a brother or sister.

I am not going to TTC big time temping and charting and stuff. I fell pregnant without realising the first time and feeling very scared about it not happening as easily now so want to take things easy and as they come.

Congratualtions to all those recent BFP's in the thread and lots of baby dust to the rest of us.

Cat xxx

Yes, that was my thinking as well... I BD'd 5 days prior to ovulation and got prego that way. Needless to say, I was surprised! Wondering though... DH and I were both in the best shape of our lives, having both done a marathon... now neither of us exercise... and he eats poorly now too... wonder if that will reduce our chances to conceive???

Bec, if you think you ovulated on day 14 then your fertile days would have been days 11-14 (or possibly 15). You are only fertile for 24 hours after ovulation, but you are fertile for up to 3-4 days before....just so you know hun. :hugs:

Sorry that DH gets performance anxiety. I know last time my DH would sometimes get frustrated with having to 'perform' and feeling like I only wanted him if it was the right time of month, so we are trying to avoid that this time and just dtd 2-3x per week as we have been.

Oh wow, no wonder getting pregnant is hard- I thought it was 5 days before and 5 days after- not sure where I got that from! So knowing when you're ovulating is pretty crucial then. We usually only dtd once every couple of weeks-once a month now we have DS so we still need to step it up quite a bit.

Maybe I need to think about using OPK's- never needed to before as I temped but don't think that will work this time unless I set my alarm early, temp then go back to sleep. Something to think about next cycle maybe, pretty sure we've probably missed this one so won't stress about dtd every day!

Yeah, it is actually only 4-5 total fertile days per month! I used OPKs this month just to get a sense of my cycles since they've only just restarted, I agree that it would be really hard to get acurate temps for temping now that I've got the little one!

Yep that egg never hangs around for long! Interesting that you BD'd 5 days prior to ovulation libbyam and had a girl, holds with Dr Shettles' theory.

Yep that egg never hangs around for long! Interesting that you BD'd 5 days prior to ovulation libbyam and had a girl, holds with Dr Shettles' theory.

Oh yeah, interesting point! In some ways I'd like to try for a girl, I know DH wants a girl since we already have a boy....although I love having a boy so much I also wouldn't mind having two!

Yes! I totally agree that I am a case for Shetttle's theory too! My DH would really love a boy this time, so I am tempted to 'try' for one, but I just want a baby, doesn't matter which, so I worry that'll just make it take all the longer... because I think with that theory you wait and try real close to O day, so less chances to try each month!

Kinda sad about DH wanting the boy... I totally understand because I sooooo wanted a girl! When I told him I'd like to not find out the gender, he said he's really like to know in advance. He's thinking if we wait till delivery and its a girl, it might take a bit of the happiness away from such an important moment. I totally understand because that was one reason I HAD to know as soon as possible... I wanted a girl so badly that I needed to be able to get used to the idea of a boy if that was the case! But part of me thinks ooooo maybe we'd get to try for a third if we got a girl! ;)

I haven't temped or OPK'd before. Tempted to try one or the other. Esp since not sure how about my cycle yet. Oh but don't want added stress! I want to try and stay cool. We'll see, ha.

I have to admit I would love a girl. I always wanted a little girl but when I had a boy I fell head over heels in love with him. Of course I'd still be delighted to have a second boy.
My DH is terrified of having a girl! His family are full of boys and he knows how to look after boys so I think girls scare him :haha: I know he'd absolutely adore a daughter though. He'd just be desperate to wrap her up in cotton wool!

:hugs: Becs. My oh suffers performance anxiety sometimes too.
I'm trying to act really relaxed around him so he doesn't think I'm just DTD to get preggo. In my head I'm working out dates, planning out our month but I'm trying hard not to let him see that. We don't have sex much at all :blush: but I'm really going to have to make the effort now...lol.

Its gonna be hard cos DH works shifts in a restaurant so gets home really late most days. Think its going to be a lot of late nights for me :coffee:

DH wants a boy. He's wanted another LO since as soon as Chloe was born but I kept putting him off. I know he wants a boy so bad. I have to be honest and say I'd love another girl but then when I think about it more it would be nice to have one of each. I don't know :dohh:

Oooh my DH has performance anxiety too, can't talk to much about wanting to get knocked up if I want to DTD that night! :wacko:

I'd love a boy this time. And I'm far too nosy and too much of a planner to not find out at 20 weeks! Of course I'll be just as thrilled with two girls, but one of each (since we're planning to stop at 2 LOs) would be so perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->