NTNP#2 Thread, 15 BFPs!!! Taking it easy & hoping it happens!! Come join us!

Congratulations!!

Im over a week late now but still getting BFN's :cry:

:hugs::hugs: That's hard. Have you been late before without getting a bfp? Maybe you ov'd late. You're not out until the :witch: arrives. Wishing you luck!

Just updating to say I've changed my mind and will be testing tomorrow. I'm already talking and acting like I'm pregnant which isn't good as I don't really know if I am or not. Really nervous but need to know.

Congrats allismommy!
And good luck for tomorrow starry night! Xx

Definitely O'd on Saturday and we dtd on Friday and Saturday...so I guess I'm in the tww now! :)

Hi ladies

Can I join you :)

Ever since having my daughter I have been soooooooo anti having more babies! I really struggled with Chloe, found bf hard and she is the worlds worst sleeper!
I knew I wanted another but was planning on waiting for a lot longer, def until she started school.

Weeelllll............I have changed my mind completly and want another baby now :) All of a sudden I feel ready and would love to give Chloe a brother or sister.

I am not going to TTC big time temping and charting and stuff. I fell pregnant without realising the first time and feeling very scared about it not happening as easily now so want to take things easy and as they come.

Congratualtions to all those recent BFP's in the thread and lots of baby dust to the rest of us.

Cat xxx

Hi Cat and welcome to NTNP!!! Good luck on your journey and wish you loads of baby dust!! :dust:

Welcome!

As for me, got a big fat BFN. Very sucky but my cycle has been somewhat off this time around and I had miscalculated the date of my last period so that was part of the confusion. AF is here now so will have to wait a couple weeks for another chance. The joy of long cycles...

Good luck, Mrs AJ!

Can't believe as soon as I've made the decision to NTNP and want to get going like now..........loads of things seem to suddenly get in the way :dohh:

I'm going away with a friend next weekend, first time I'll have been away since LO was worn. I'll be gone from the 4th to the 11th. Gutted as wanted to really go for it and DTD like every day :winkwink: But now will have to wait until I get back. I have longish cycles, about 33-35 days so hoping I won't miss out.

Then what arrived in the post this morning! A letter telling me to go for my smear :( I had one a few months ago but it came back minor abnormalities so need to go again. Does anyone know if this will have any effect on conception? Not sure whether to go this month when I get back from trip away or to wait until next month.

Sorry for your BFN Sarry Night :hugs:

xxx

Good luck MrsAJ! I hate the tww, it seems to take forever.

Hi starlit and Cat!

I've got my smear test on Friday Cat, the nurse tried to get me to have it on CD14 but I knew if I did that I'd be out for this month, so got them to book it for CD10 instead. I won't ovulate until about CD14 so should be safe. Just didn't want to lose a perfectly good month! I was half tempted to put it off but I know that's not sensible, especially if I fell pregnant and it would have to wait another 9 months.

The things we women have to do! If it was up to men the human race would be in big trouble :haha:

I didn't realize that a smear could interfere with ovulation? Or is it just that you can't dtd the day before the test? Either way CD10 should be fine.

I'm scheduled to go on vacation the day AF is due next week....we'll see what happens!

Well not so much that it would interfere, just that if I ovulated and conceived just before I had the smear that would not be good. Plus I already had a reminder from the nurse, 'use condoms this month as you've got your smear!'
Urgh, no thank you I hate condoms.

Ah, rubbish you have got yours as well Pielette. I'm going to call the surgery in a bit and try to get an appointment on Wednesday - CD9. Really don't want to wait until I am back from my holiday as that will definately mean this month is a no go.

Got some Pregnacare Vitamins yesterday. Started taking them today. Want to do everything right this time. Last time I fell pregnant without knowing. My diet was rubbish and I was out drinking alot. Feels really strange planning things this time but exciting too :)

xxx

Hi ladies, this looks like a great thread- lots of BFP success :)

hoping you can help me with a question...what is the difference between TTC and NTNP?!

I was in TTC forum when trying for my DS and found I got quite stressed with it all, had a chemical pregnancy in my third cycle then took a more relaxed approach in my fourth and got my BFP!

I am so excited to be trying for #2 but think it might be best to take a slightly more relaxed approach than with DS as I drove myself mad with POAS, the TWW etc

Thanks ladies and good luck to everyone :)

Hi Bec 27 :hi:

Not sure if I am right but I understand it as that TTC is actively charting, temping, using OPK's etc but NTNP is a more relaxed approach, so still trying but maybe waiting until your late to test and taking things more as they come.

Prob totally wrong though, so hopefully someone will be along soon who can explain better than me!!

Just called the nurse and they are fully booked this month. I have to wait until August :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just had a look at the NHS website and it said you can still have a smear whilst pregnant though. It just said it makes the result harder to interpret, it doesn't interfere with the pregnancy. So maybe I should carry on and DTD this month and see what happens. I don't want to wait until September.......boo :(

xxx

Hi Bec!

Yes Cat, I think that is about right! First time around I went crazy with charting, OPKs, dtd at exactly the right time, testing as soon as humanly possible, and feeling gutted by every bfn. This time we are really just taking it easy. I did use OPKs this month mostly because it is my first cycle after having Connor and I just wanted to make sure that I was ovulating at all - I probably won't use them next month. And we didn't make any extra effort to dtd at O time - though we generally DTD about 2-3x per week anyway, so I think there were a couple of times that could have caught it we'll see! I'm totally fine if it takes a few months, though of course I'd be excited if it happened right away too. :)

Thanks CatStorey, that sounds good, I've never charted but I did temp the first time round. In my fourth cycle I just temped to find out when I had ovulated then stopped- might do the same this time but not as easy as I don't get up the same time every day now I've got DS. I won't be charting and I plan to take a more relaxed approach so maybe NTNP is for me :)

Sorry to read about your trouble getting a smear and how it'll delay your plans. Can you get smears done at the family planning clinic? Just thought it might be an option if they do them to save you waiting. It is important to get another one though and they don't do them routinely when you're pregnant- I was due one when I got pregnant and they wouldn't do it even though I'm on a yearly call back as I've had CIN II and loop diathermy in the past. Had to wait till 12 weeks after DS was born. Might vary from doctor to doctor.

Best of luck, hope you don't have to wait too long :)

Hi Mrs. AJ :)

Thanks for info- I like the idea of everyone on here being more relaxed about TTC- it must help. It's so easy to get sucked into the drama of TTC and emotionally I found it exhausting the first time round. I much prefer the thought of taking it easy and just DTD as much as we can at roughly the right time and then hopefully letting nature take its course. Ideally I'd like to be pregnant by November as then there will only be 2 school years between DS and baby. I've always wanted a close age gap but if it takes longer it takes longer. :)

Yeah I don't even think temping would really work since I get up when Connor gets up which varies from 5-6:30 and I'm usually up with him once in the night still as well. If nothing happens by the end of the year maybe we'd start trying more seriously, we'll see :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->